Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

WTB cheap C4 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 06:35 AM
WalkingOnTheSun
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB cheap C4 Corvette

Hello everyone. The title pretty much says it all. I am looking to buy any C4 Corvette, but I would prefer one between the years 1990 through 1996. I would be fine with a project car as I'm planning on making a simple grand sport like replica. I plan on rebuilding the engine so high miles aren't too big of an issue if the body is in good condition. Either manual or automatic transmission is fine. I don't want anything that has been in an accident or doesn't have a clear title. I might be willing to work with a car that has no engine or transmission or bad interior if the price is right. I would prefer to get the best condition possible but that goes without saying
will make offer based on condition. I'll start with a modest offer of 3,000 to give everyone an idea
will also travel to you to look and offer, although I only want something relatively close to me here in wyoming. but if you think you have something perfect I might be willing to travel.

I've been looking for a couple of years now and the price has always been way too high for something I want for a fun, recreational project. I'm just asking for someone to be fair. I'll do right by someone who at least meets me half way.

my email is soonerorfuture@yahoo.com

you can reach me best by my email. I check it daily. I'll also be checking this.
thanks for looking and for any help. best regards
Old 04-17-2014, 11:15 PM
wbaley
Racer

Default salvage yards

Originally Posted by WalkingOnTheSun
Hello everyone. The title pretty much says it all. I am looking to buy any C4 Corvette, but I would prefer one between the years 1990 through 1996. I would be fine with a project car as I'm planning on making a simple grand sport like replica. I plan on rebuilding the engine so high miles aren't too big of an issue if the body is in good condition. Either manual or automatic transmission is fine. I don't want anything that has been in an accident or doesn't have a clear title. I might be willing to work with a car that has no engine or transmission or bad interior if the price is right. I would prefer to get the best condition possible but that goes without saying
will make offer based on condition. I'll start with a modest offer of 3,000 to give everyone an idea
will also travel to you to look and offer, although I only want something relatively close to me here in wyoming. but if you think you have something perfect I might be willing to travel.

I've been looking for a couple of years now and the price has always been way too high for something I want for a fun, recreational project. I'm just asking for someone to be fair. I'll do right by someone who at least meets me half way.

my email is soonerorfuture@yahoo.com

you can reach me best by my email. I check it daily. I'll also be checking this.
thanks for looking and for any help. best regards
Hey you might run a web search for salvaged corvettes. flood salvage, theft recovery, etc. There are a bunch of them out there. Might find what you want there. Good luck.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:58 PM
WalkingOnTheSun
4th Gear

Originally Posted by wbaley
Hey you might run a web search for salvaged corvettes. flood salvage, theft recovery, etc. There are a bunch of them out there. Might find what you want there. Good luck.
That was one of my original ideas, but I talked to a friend who owns and runs a used car lot and he told me that before I even buy it, I'm going to have a hard time getting a loan on a salvage or R title and that when I do get it. I won't know the extent of the damage and I will also have a hard time insuring it. so that's why I'm looking for something with a clean title. better to just pay a little more now than put a lot of money into something later.

I was hoping more to find someone who had a project car they wanted to get rid of or maybe someone knows of one that has thrown a rod or something. or maybe someone knows of one just lying around waiting to be rebuilt. Ideally, that's what I'm hoping most for. I'd like a chance to bring a c4 back to life, and get it back on the road. I do see plenty of them sitting around. thank you for the suggestion though.

Last edited by WalkingOnTheSun; 04-18-2014 at 12:40 AM.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:27 AM
Jig A Low
Pro

there are quite few "cheap" C4's on craigslist around here, don't know if any of them are in your desired years range but they are cheap enough.

check out craigslist in:

Virginia

Hampton roads
Richmond
eastern shore
Roanoke
Danville

North Carolina

Easter North carolina
outer banks
Old 04-25-2014, 06:22 AM
WalkingOnTheSun
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Jig A Low
there are quite few "cheap" C4's on craigslist around here, don't know if any of them are in your desired years range but they are cheap enough.

check out craigslist in:

Virginia

Hampton roads
Richmond
eastern shore
Roanoke
Danville

North Carolina

Easter North carolina
outer banks

That's just kind of a drive for me =s
Old 04-25-2014, 01:35 PM
wbaley
Racer

Hey you might check out a new post....88 coupe base....fyi
Old 06-13-2014, 12:11 AM
WalkingOnTheSun
4th Gear

hey everyone. I bought one. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for looking and replying

Get notified of new replies

To WTB cheap C4 Corvette

Quick Reply: WTB cheap C4 Corvette