Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

WTB: 1993 C4 Low mileage Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 12:46 PM
Vette1580
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: 1993 C4 Low mileage Corvette

Looking for something with under 25k miles, automatic trans., all original with no issues, paint flaws / repairs, etc. Eastern US.

Based on advice from forum members here, and ads I've been searching, I should be able to find a decent low mileage original example in the neighborhood of 13 to 15 thousand. So basically my price range is 12 to 16K, depending on miles, condition, etc.

Originality is important to me, so lots of expensive high performance parts do not add a lot of value for my needs. A one owner garaged kept car would mean more to me than one with higher miles and lots of extras. Hope this clarifies things.

JT

Last edited by Vette1580; 06-16-2014 at 06:47 PM.
Old 06-16-2014, 02:08 PM
lwfoto
Intermediate

Default Curious

Originally Posted by Vette1580
Looking for something with under 25k miles, automatic trans., all original with no issues, paint flaws / repairs, etc. Eastern US.
My curiosity has gotten the best of me....what is your price range?
Old 06-16-2014, 05:08 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

You have to post your price. Forum rules.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:48 PM
Vette1580
Intermediate

Sorry, I just added the general price range to my original post.

JT
Old 06-16-2014, 07:03 PM
z06scentair
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Sorry, I just added the general price range to my original post.

JT
Jt there is a nice aqua metallic 93 coupe with 29k right here inCharlotte NC forsale.

He's asking 13.9 for the car.

Let me know if you intrested and I will pm you the phone number
Old 06-16-2014, 07:17 PM
Vette1580
Intermediate

Thanks Z, I spoke to him last night. That is one of the ones I'm currently considering. There are 4 or 5 within a 10 hour radius in all directions that I've called about. I wish I could just go look at them all. Sometimes it's difficult to ask all the right questions, and get enough detailed pics to decide which ones are worth going to look at.

JT
Old 06-16-2014, 07:20 PM
z06scentair
Drifting

Thanks Z, I spoke to him last night. That is one of the ones I'm currently considering. There are 4 or 5 within a 10 hour radius in all directions that I've called about. I wish I could just go look at them all. Sometimes it's difficult to ask all the right questions, and get enough detailed pics to decide which ones are worth going to look at.

JT
It's Nice very nice. I do not know the fellow personally, just saw the car as it's within two miles of my house.

You wouldn't go wrong with it.

The weatherstrip is pristine, that normally tells the story about a c4.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:56 PM
Vette1580
Intermediate

Wow, you're that close, cool. It does look like a clean car, and his price is pretty good.

He was showing me some more detailed pics of small imperfections, scratches, etc. There is one area that he is going to check out a little closer for me. There's an area where it looks like someone was installing a new battery, and damaged the top edge of the lower body panel behind the wheel well area, where the hood edge would rest. The area was touched up with brush on touch up paint, and it's a little irregular looking. I told him to check that closer, and feel along the inner bottom edge to see if that is a repaired crack, or if it was just a touched up scratch.

The fellow is very nice about checking things out and answering questions. I don't like to appear too picky, but when you're checking something out from 8 hours away, its hard to make an assessment from pics alone. Something I could check out in 1 minute by myself, is something that I have to get him to re-check and get back to me. Such as it is with internet ads ... I'd do the same for someone who was buying a vehicle from me. Better to ask in advance and save everyone the time and effort of making a long trip and end up not buying it.

At this point, I'm going back and forth with whether to spend a couple thousand more to get something in the 20k mile range, or save a little and go to 30k miles. Lot's of nice 90s C4 models out there.

JT
Old 06-16-2014, 08:07 PM
Vette1580
Intermediate

Z, what do you mean about the weatherstrip telling the story about a C4? For the doors, hatch, etc? As in, garage kept, and not dried out or deteriorated? How do you know if the seller didn't just replace the weatherstripping? Just curious. I'm trying to learn all I can as I search.

JT
Old 06-16-2014, 08:17 PM
z06scentair
Drifting

Z, what do you mean about the weatherstrip telling the story about a C4? For the doors, hatch, etc? As in, garage kept, and not dried out or deteriorated? How do you know if the seller didn't just replace the weatherstripping? Just curious. I'm trying to learn all I can as I search.

JT
Exactly, it shows the car has not been in exposed to heat/cold conditions.

There is a difference in original and aftermarket weatherstripping. Once you've been around the cars, you will be able to distinguish between the two.

Understand your curiosity...I have owned several C4 corvette's and know them very well.

Last edited by z06scentair; 06-16-2014 at 08:21 PM.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:22 PM
z06scentair
Drifting

Wow, you're that close, cool. It does look like a clean car, and his price is pretty good.

He was showing me some more detailed pics of small imperfections, scratches, etc. There is one area that he is going to check out a little closer for me. There's an area where it looks like someone was installing a new battery, and damaged the top edge of the lower body panel behind the wheel well area, where the hood edge would rest. The area was touched up with brush on touch up paint, and it's a little irregular looking. I told him to check that closer, and feel along the inner bottom edge to see if that is a repaired crack, or if it was just a touched up scratch.

The fellow is very nice about checking things out and answering questions. I don't like to appear too picky, but when you're checking something out from 8 hours away, its hard to make an assessment from pics alone. Something I could check out in 1 minute by myself, is something that I have to get him to re-check and get back to me. Such as it is with internet ads ... I'd do the same for someone who was buying a vehicle from me. Better to ask in advance and save everyone the time and effort of making a long trip and end up not buying it.

At this point, I'm going back and forth with whether to spend a couple thousand more to get something in the 20k mile range, or save a little and go to 30k miles. Lot's of nice 90s C4 models out there.

JT
If you would like, I don't mind going to the car and calling you and we can go over it together.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:09 PM
Vette1580
Intermediate

Thanks Z, I may take you up on that. I'm narrowing things down with a few others I've called about. I'm real interested in one that has lower miles, but is a little more expensive. I'll let you know soon. I greatly appreciate your offer.

JT
Old 06-20-2014, 03:53 PM
Mj racing
2nd Gear

Default 1989 corvette convertible

[QUOTE=Vette1580;1587146470]Looking for something with under 25k miles, automatic trans., all original with no issues, paint flaws / repairs, etc. Eastern US.

Based on advice from forum members here, and ads I've been searching, I should be able to find a decent low mileage original example in the neighborhood of 13 to 15 thousand. So basically my price range is 12 to 16K, depending on miles, condition, etc.

Originality is important to me, so lots of expensive high performance parts do not add a lot of value for my needs. A one owner garaged kept car would mean more to me than one with higher miles and lots of extras. Hope this clarifies things.

JT[/QUO]
I have a 1989 corvette convertible with 16,000 original miles on it the car has always been garage it is in excellent shape I am asking 16,500 or best offer please get back to me you can email me at mjracing4@aol.com thank you
Old 06-21-2014, 12:28 PM
George6488
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a very low mileage 1994 C-4, white convertible with both tops.
The mileage is 2,900 original and documented miles. Everything is original including the tires. K & N air filter installed right now but I can put the original back in.

Yes........somewhat of a garage queen but it is flawless. It has never seen wet weather of any type and has always been garaged.

I am looking for $18,500

I am located in Spring, TX.

E-mail me at spring77388@att.net if you want more info.

I have the original inspection report from when I purchased it 3 years ago with 678 miles.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:45 PM
Vette1580
Intermediate

I'm Vette searching again. Sold my Harley ... took a beatin' on the price. Still looking for a '93 Vette, as described in my original post above.

JT
Old 10-22-2014, 03:05 PM
rubyvette40
Cruising

I have a 1993 anniversary coupe with 28,082 miles on it that I have owned for 19 years. I will sell it for $15,900. Email me at rubyvette40@hotmail.com if you are still looking and want more information.

Get notified of new replies

To WTB: 1993 C4 Low mileage Corvette

Quick Reply: WTB: 1993 C4 Low mileage Corvette