Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: Black on Black 1996 LT4

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 10:38 PM
Axial
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default FS: Black on Black 1996 LT4

Brief:
For sale is a black exterior, black interior 1996 Chevrolet Corvette with 101,00 miles featuring the 330 HP LT4 engine and mandatory ZF6 6-speed transmission. The car was bought two years ago and has been cared for to the best of my ability with regular maintenance and detailing inside and out, driven daily. Clean title, in-hand. All personal maintenance logs available for the two years of ownership. Stored outside under car cover. Comes with owner's manual, factory build sheet, window sticker, targa top removal tool, three sets of keys, and a Hypertech Power Programmer III. Selling because I just acquired a 1990 ZR-1 (No. 729 ) and need space! Asking $9500

Car is located in northern Virginia.

If you are interested or have an offer, send me a Private Message, preferably with contact information not reliant on the forum, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Mechanical:
The car is mechanically sound; everything works. The car starts up without drama, the engine pulls hard, the steering is responsive, the shifts are snappy, the clutch is still grabby, and the suspension corners flat for an FE1. The transmission still features the original factory dual-mass flywheel for minimum gearbox chatter. The headlights rotate out in sync without hesitation. The radio antenna extends and retracts properly. The rear brakes and rotors, fuel door, fuel evaporator canister, spark plugs, coolant cap and passenger rear tie-rod-end were all recently replaced. Tires are new Continental Extreme Contact DW, size 255/45/17 in the front and 285/40/17 in the rear. Regular oil changes with only Mobil 1 synthetic and AC/Delco Filters.

Things to note:
  • I do not have and have never had the fob for PKE and PKE may indeed have been disabled on this car.
  • Previous owner performed a throttle body coolant bypass
  • Previous owner may have used the included HyperTech Powertune III on the car, but I have never messed with it
  • CAGS is bypassed on this car

Exterior:
Exterior is in overall good shape. The paint has all clear-coat intact, but with small stone chips and other wear expected from 18 years of driving. Major blemishes include a chip under the nose, a scuff on the right rear molding strip, and some seams next to the right-most tail-lamp. The red fender stripes are vinyl decals from Corvettemods.

The wheels are the original, standard 1996 machined aluminum saw-blades; the clear-coat is wearing in some spots, but the integrity of the wheels is sound.

Weather strips are not the prettiest but do keep water out except for a slow, tiny drip on the driver's side A-pillar under torrential rain.

Interior:
Interior is smoke-free and in very good shape. The plastics show minimal cracking and bubbling. Driver's seat shows some wear but no tears. Passenger's seat is almost unused. The seats are standard; no electronics or inflatables to break. The standard AC/Delco radio and all speakers function perfectly. The headlight/traction control unit was recently replaced and also functions perfectly. The black factory shifter boot was replaced by the previous owner with a red one.

The carpet has a few rumples in the cargo area, but is all there with no stains.

Manual A/C blows hot and cold.

Closing Statements:
The car is a dependable driver that starts every time and avoids many of the common problems by being a "Plain Jane" option with no fancy electronics to go wrong. It is a blast to drive and has served me well as a daily driver; the only reason it is being sold is to make space for the ZR-1.

Last edited by Axial; 09-16-2014 at 10:26 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:40 AM
Bulldogger
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

That doesn't look like a car with 10,400 miles. I think you mean 104,000.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:02 PM
Axial
Racer

Thanks for catching that. It's 100,400 miles.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:11 PM
Axial
Racer

Bump.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:26 PM
Axial
Racer

Bump, part two!

Get notified of new replies

To FS: Black on Black 1996 LT4