Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

'96 MN6 Project Car

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 05:30 AM
lt4obsesses
Le Mans Master

Received 481 Likes on 261 Posts

Default '96 MN6 Project Car

Okay, here's the deal. I have a '96 LT4 with 163K.

Located in Houston, Texas 77095

The engine needs a rebuild. Metal in the oil and now coolant. I had the lower rad hose come loose, though I didn't know it at the time, and nursed it home about 2 miles. Oil temp got to about 260. Could be a head gasket, could be a warped head, I do not know. Ran it today before discovering the stuff on the filler cap. No knocks, sounded okay.

It has a Hotcam, oil pump is about 4 years old, crank and bearings were replaced at about 85K (due to a "money shift", remaned crank with .010 cleavite bearings. New rod on #8. Hotcam installed shortly before that.

New radiator about 3 yrs ago.
New Bilsteins Z51's about 2 yrs ago
New Spec 26lb FW and Carolina Clutch Stage II last year.
New fuel pump about 2 yrs ago
New coil and ICM about 3 yrs.
The opti did get a new cap and rotor with cam install 85K mark. Still fires great. Also has new opti harness last yr.

The car needs weather strip, I have the hatch piece ready to install.
Top has a crack.
Suspension needs refreshed, bushings, but drives straight as an arrow.
Interior is worn, seat bottoms have tears, seat backs are decent.
Needs a door switch on pass side.

Paint is still nice, though the front bumper and hood does have, well signs of being driven, a lot. But no peeling, fading etc.

For the right person, with some skill and space, this car is a good foundation to build something nice. I just do not have the place to work on it, and my tags expire end of Oct. Landlord needs proper tags.

I've had the car for 8 years. The last few I just haven't had the funds to do things I wanted/needed.

I'm thinking it's worth $3K as it sits. PM me and I can send pics, my phone and computer aren't talking to eachother.

I may rebuild it myself if it doesn't sell fairly quick.
Old 10-16-2014, 03:27 AM
lt4obsesses
Le Mans Master

Received 481 Likes on 261 Posts

Other than the engine, most of the other stuff is pretty minor. It does start and run BTW.

Good project if you're the type that likes to bring things back to life. I really don't want to resort to Craigslist just yet.
Old 10-16-2014, 03:36 PM
Sleazy Rider
Le Mans Master

Received 489 Likes on 372 Posts

Pm sent

Get notified of new replies

To '96 MN6 Project Car

Quick Reply: '96 MN6 Project Car