Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: 1990 Corvette base with FX3 suspension. $6000 obo

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 03:26 PM
andy.glines
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 1990 Corvette base with FX3 suspension. $6000 obo

1990 Corvette Coupe with FX3 Selective Ride Control

· 140,000 miles

· L98 5.7 liter engine. Rated at 245hp and 345tq

o Oil change this summer with Mobil 1 synthetic

· 700r4 transmission, 4 speed with overdrive

o Full professional trans flush this summer

· FX3 Selective Ride suspension. This is a very desirable feature that uses electronic actuators on the shock absorbers to stiffen the ride at different speeds/modes. This was developed for the increasing complaints about the stiff ride in C4 corvettes. You can find a good write-up for it at corvette action center.

· Auto windows, locks, mirrors, power adjustable drivers seat

· The tires are very new and in great condition

· Kenwood CD player with auxiliary input

New Parts:

· Interior! (seats and carpet are almost brand new)

· Alternator (brand new 9/25/14)

· Spark plugs

· Distributor cap & Rotor

· Plug wires

· Thermostat

· Head Gaskets

· All intake gaskets

· Steering column is from 94-96 corvette

· AC converted and charged with R134a

· Has a bra available

I bought this car in May as a project after it was wrecked. The previous owner rear-ended an SUV and it wasn’t much damage. It is still a clear title. I’ve replaced:

· New hood and bumper, professionally repainted

· Headlight motors

· Radiator

· AC condenser

· Radiator box/housing

· Air cleaner

· Corner lights

· AIR pump and brackets

· Valve covers

Since this car is almost 25 years old, there are still little things that could always be fixed or are otherwise broken. After driving it for a month or so, here is what I’ve found:

· Windshield broken in lower left corner from the wreck. Not noticeable while driving, barely visible up close

· Many of the interior plastic pieces in the rear hatch are cracked/broken. I think 5 pieces total. I just don’t have access to a good junkyard to find or pull these parts.

· Paint is starting to fade/peel/oxidize in spots, minus the new paint on the hood and bumper, but overall the car looks great!

· Most of the weather stripping could be replaced. The stuff around the doors, especially the passenger side by the window and roof. It’s not terrible, just doesn’t line up quite right.

· The power antenna goes up but not down

· Power locks need some attention

· The carpet in the back is new, but wasn’t given great attention when installed. Just needs some stretching and adhesive.

· The HVAC blend door is not functioning? Probably something simple, but is stuck at hot right now.

The brake booster developed a large crack which will need replaced at some point. It's patched now, but not pretty.

Not gonna get back what I ended up putting into it. $6000 OBO. Thanks!

Quick Reply: FS: 1990 Corvette base with FX3 suspension. $6000 obo