Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

WANTED: replacement for loaf of bread

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 11:10 AM
vejayel
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WANTED: replacement for loaf of bread

im looking for what this guy is selling in this thread https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ox-delete.html
the flat replacement peice for the loaf of plastic sitting in my passenger side dash. its bothered me since i first got the car. it was one of the first things i asked about when looking at the car, and the first question i get from passengers. really annoying. if anyone can at least point me to the listing on ecklers or somthing, i appear to be electronically impaired at the moment, been looking for one of these for an hour and cant find anything.
Old 11-19-2014, 03:07 PM
corvetteronw
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 247 Likes on 200 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

You can make your own. I did this on an 87 I used to have. You can get creative and use any type of material that you like.
Just pull off the dash pad to gain access to that area. The pad has 2 screws at the defroster vent and 3 screws under the lip of the pad on the left side. Tilt the wheel down, sit on the passenger side and give a good pull toward you. It is held on by metal clips under the windshield.
I covered mine with white vinyl and used spray dye to make it match my interior. I used some upholstery padding behind it to make it soft to the touch.
This is what is behind the dash but you don't have to take all this apart as this pic was from my VATS project later on in the year:

This is a good time to replace those nasty, faded fake speaker covers too. Don't dye the dash pad like I did either as it reflected too much on the windshield on sunny days.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:07 PM
ghoastrider1
Le Mans Master

Received 265 Likes on 240 Posts

nice job

Get notified of new replies

To WANTED: replacement for loaf of bread

Quick Reply: WANTED: replacement for loaf of bread