Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

1985 Corvette 4+3 manual $3500

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 05:16 PM
Sponzie
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default 1985 Corvette 4+3 manual $3500

I have a 1985 corvette 4+3 manual tran. I ended up with this car as part of a trade deal I already have a 75 vette and just don't need two of them. The car has 140K miles on it but only about 15K on jasper engine and rebuilt transmission. I would say this car is a decent driver that would make an easy winter project or work on as you drive it would be a great first vette for someone who doesn't want to spend a fortune and doesn't mind putting in some hours to make it great. Really fun car with the manual trans. I was going to work on it over winter and drive/sell in the spring but if someone would like to purchase it now I would let it go. I would like $3500 you can contact me on here or feel free to call/text 269-873-7515 with any questions. Car is located in SW Michigan. Vicksburg, MI.

Pros:
Motor runs strong only 15K jasper replacement with paperwork
Trans rebuilt 15K ago and functions properly with paperwork
Digital Dash, all lights, heat work properly
Solid body and underside
Just replaced pinion seal

Cons:
Paint is 10 footer (many scratches and small blemishes)
Seats covers are cracked and bottom of the door panels need new carpeting
Radio doesn't work
Exhaust needs re installed (have it just needs bolted back on I replaced the Ujoints on the drive shaft)
Weather stripping and window felts should be replaced
Attached Images  
Old 01-04-2015, 12:45 AM
sahhas
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

pics of the interior?
does the AC work (or are parts there?)
windows/cruise work?

do you know the HP of the engine?
Old 01-04-2015, 12:53 AM
Sponzie
Intermediate

I will try to get more pics of the car tomorrow. The interior is red. Power windows work as well as power locks. Never tried the cruise but all the components are there and would assume they work. A/C is all there and the compressor kicks on when you switch it over to it don't know how cold it blows I have never had it when it was been warm enough out to test that. I have the paperwork on the jasper engine it is pretty peppy I am assuming it is around the stock horse power maybe a little more.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:26 AM
mazdaverx7
Le Mans Master

Received 558 Likes on 399 Posts

When you have a chance I would also like to see more pictures of the car. Interior, engine bay etc.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:37 PM
Sponzie
Intermediate

Here are some more pics. It is extremely dirty and dusty from being in my parents pole barn. I tried to get a some pics of the worst scratches. I got the car from the second owner and he said his dad was the original owner. He told me the car was painted in the late 80s and it was originally the bright red color. Whoever did the paint did a decent job though all jams and under the weatherstripping was painted and the paint is smooth. I feel like the paint will shine up nice if you buff it out. I tried to take pics of the worst scratches. Also, in the back of the car are a brand new set of brute force Ujoints for the half shafts, just haven't had time to put them on. I also put new calipers on the front of the car since the originals were stuck from the car sitting so long. The interior will definitely need seat covers and carpeting for the bottom of the door panels. The interior carpet on the car may be salvageable with some work. Like I said I feel it would be a good driver to work on as you go and its a pretty solid start.
Attached Images     
Old 01-04-2015, 12:39 PM
Sponzie
Intermediate

More Pics
Attached Images   
Old 01-04-2015, 12:43 PM
Sponzie
Intermediate

some of the scratches
Attached Images   
Old 01-04-2015, 12:46 PM
Sponzie
Intermediate

Storage area and outer window felts
Attached Images   
Old 01-04-2015, 08:47 PM
mazdaverx7
Le Mans Master

Received 558 Likes on 399 Posts

Does the overdrive unit shift properly and smoothly? Pics look good though, shows the originality of the car! Does it have a clear title?
Old 01-04-2015, 08:57 PM
Sponzie
Intermediate

Overdrive works great shifts smooth through every gear. Runs good would be happy to take a test drive with anyone that would want to look at it. Yes I have a clear title for it.

Last edited by Sponzie; 01-04-2015 at 09:02 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To 1985 Corvette 4+3 manual $3500

Quick Reply: 1985 Corvette 4+3 manual $3500