Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: 1987 Blue Corvette Convertible in MD - $5,700 OBO

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 09:25 AM
Keith@VetteFinders
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 208 Likes on 60 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default FS: 1987 Blue Corvette Convertible in MD - $5,700 OBO

The following Corvette is being offered for sale at VetteFinders.com Follow the links to contact the seller.

1987 Convertible Corvette for sale
1G1YY3189H5125944
350 5.7L 240
automatic 4spd OD
92,000 Miles
Blue with Medium blue Interior

Description:

1987 Chevrolet Corvette convertible – automatic transmission, 92,000 miles. Clear title.

I’ve owned this car since 2001 and drive it to work when the weather is nice enough to put the top down. I am selling to clean things out before retirement this year. Comes with an outdoor car cover. This is a driver quality car and is priced as such.

Interior: Replaced the carpet and both sun visors 2 years ago – they are in great condition. Heater and AC work fine, the digital dash works. Power locks/windows/mirrors and wiper switches work. Door panels are OK, wiper/locks/mirror switches work, but the deck lid release switches on the doors need replaced (the one in the center console is fine). The dash and center console are vinyl wrapped for a black carbon fiber look.
It had power sport seats, but they’ve stopped working a couple years ago and I put manual tracks in – the lumbar/bolster system is there, just needs attention. I pulled the ailing Bose system and replaced with an Alpine CDE-103 head unit, Kenwood-1362S (5-1/4”) in the stock door locations, and Alpine SPS-609 (6”x9”) in the rear (I used speaker boxes because I didn’t want to cut the carpet - you can decide how you want it.

Exterior: I believe it was repainted at some point before I purchased it. The paint is decent – some clearcoat fading on the rear deck, and bubbling near the lower rear edge of the hood and a couple small bumper scratches. The convertible top and weather-stripping was replaced about 5 years ago and is in great shape, except the rear window is coming loose in the upper corners (See photos). The headliner and rear curtain are in good shape. All lights work fine.

Suspension/Wheels/Tires/Brakes: I replaced the front and rear wheel bearings in 2003, tires in 2005 and are BF Goodrich. I replaced the master cylinder 2 years ago with the dual reservoir upgrade, and last summer replaced all brake pads.

Power Train: The engine and transmission are stock/original and work great. The radiator & hoses were replaced 3 years ago.

Exhaust: All stock exhaust; I replaced the Y-pipe and both mufflers a few years ago.

This car is being sold “as is” and “where is”. Shipping is the responsibility of the buyer and I will work with them to coordinate. This car is also for sale locally near Baltimore, MD.

Asking $5,700 cash or make me a reasonable offer - no trades.

Price: $5,700 OBO reasonable

Click here for photos (10) and to contact the seller.

Your Internet destination for buying and selling Corvettes.

Read My Corvette Blog

Quick Reply: FS: 1987 Blue Corvette Convertible in MD - $5,700 OBO