Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: 1987 Lingenfelter coupe

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 05:56 PM
Persknickety
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 1987 Lingenfelter coupe

I am the second owner of this car and have owned it since 1989. This is a very special package conversion upgrade (done after I acquired the car): a genuine Lingenfelter 383 engine (with 5.7 rods) and ported D-port heads, with the most premium components, including Lingenefelter hydraulic roller camshaft, long tube headers with high flow cat; TPIS wide mouth intake manifold, special big tube runners, special ported plenum, modified mass air sensor with large throttle body; adjustable fuel pressure regulator; Bosch injectors; high capacity Buick GNX in-tank fuel pump (all translating to approximately 450 hp); rebuilt 700R4 automatic with Lingenfelter torque converter; rebuilt 3.73 rear end; custom PROM chip done by John Lingenfelter himself many years ago; K&N air filter; Epsilon three-piece modular wheels; Z-52 suspension (extra radiator boost fan; HD radiator; engine oil cooler; fast steering ratio; larger front stabilizer bar); car lowered 1." Like all of my other cars, I have spared absolutely no expense on this car. All work on this car was done at a local Chevrolet dealer (installation and service history references available), and the car has probably not been driven 20,000 miles in the last 19 years and perhaps several hundred miles in the last two years.

In the last 200 miles, the following has been done to the car: the modular wheels were disassembled and polished with the centers being black powder coated before reassembly (about $1,000); new Goodyear F1 tires were installed (285/40-17 front and 315/35-17 rear (about $2,000); new KYB gas shocks were installed (about $400); entirely new carpeting and both interior door panels were installed (about $2,000); an additional solid roof was acquired and painted to match the body (so the car now has two tops)(about $2,000); all of the U-joints (drive shaft and rear half-shafts, were replaced [about $500]); a new alternator was installed (about $500); and the air conditioning compressor was replaced and the system upgraded to R-134 (about $1,500). That's an additional $10,000+ spent on the car recently. The total package is absolutely immaculate; perfect silver original paint on a body that has never been touched; graphite leather sport seat interior in immaculate condition. Lots of spares go with it. I have the original window sticker; a fleece lined satin cover for the car; and the original wheels (recently polished to perfection) with now obsolete, very oversize Michelin tires, neatly bundled in TireRack covers. Mature, older owner; never raced or abused; absolutely museum quality.

It truly is one of the most exceptional, unabused Lingenfelter Corvettes of this vintage available. Car is in San Diego. $15,000. I also have an original owner 1993 ZR-1, listed separately, if someone wants to buy both, I'll make a really good package deal on them. I have a 2015 Z06 coming, and I simply have too many cars (I also have others, so the wife has said these have to go) and not enough space or I would certainly keep both of these cars.
Attached Images       
Old 01-22-2015, 02:26 PM
theseal
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Persknickety
I am the second owner of this car and have owned it since 1989. This is a very special package conversion upgrade (done after I acquired the car): a genuine Lingenfelter 383 engine (with 5.7 rods) and ported D-port heads, with the most premium components, including Lingenefelter hydraulic roller camshaft, long tube headers with high flow cat; TPIS wide mouth intake manifold, special big tube runners, special ported plenum, modified mass air sensor with large throttle body; adjustable fuel pressure regulator; Bosch injectors; high capacity Buick GNX in-tank fuel pump (all translating to approximately 450 hp); rebuilt 700R4 automatic with Lingenfelter torque converter; rebuilt 3.73 rear end; custom PROM chip done by John Lingenfelter himself many years ago; K&N air filter; Epsilon three-piece modular wheels; Z-52 suspension (extra radiator boost fan; HD radiator; engine oil cooler; fast steering ratio; larger front stabilizer bar); car lowered 1." Like all of my other cars, I have spared absolutely no expense on this car. All work on this car was done at a local Chevrolet dealer (installation and service history references available), and the car has probably not been driven 20,000 miles in the last 19 years and perhaps several hundred miles in the last two years.

In the last 200 miles, the following has been done to the car: the modular wheels were disassembled and polished with the centers being black powder coated before reassembly (about $1,000); new Goodyear F1 tires were installed (285/40-17 front and 315/35-17 rear (about $2,000); new KYB gas shocks were installed (about $400); entirely new carpeting and both interior door panels were installed (about $2,000); an additional solid roof was acquired and painted to match the body (so the car now has two tops)(about $2,000); all of the U-joints (drive shaft and rear half-shafts, were replaced [about $500]); a new alternator was installed (about $500); and the air conditioning compressor was replaced and the system upgraded to R-134 (about $1,500). That's an additional $10,000+ spent on the car recently. The total package is absolutely immaculate; perfect silver original paint on a body that has never been touched; graphite leather sport seat interior in immaculate condition. Lots of spares go with it. I have the original window sticker; a fleece lined satin cover for the car; and the original wheels (recently polished to perfection) with now obsolete, very oversize Michelin tires, neatly bundled in TireRack covers. Mature, older owner; never raced or abused; absolutely museum quality.

It truly is one of the most exceptional, unabused Lingenfelter Corvettes of this vintage available. Car is in San Diego. $15,000. I also have an original owner 1993 ZR-1, listed separately, if someone wants to buy both, I'll make a really good package deal on them. I have a 2015 Z06 coming, and I simply have too many cars (I also have others, so the wife has said these have to go) and not enough space or I would certainly keep both of these cars.
very cool car. i can't do much with an auto, so GLWTS!
Old 01-22-2015, 03:25 PM
czarredd
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice!!! GLWTS!!!
Old 01-22-2015, 10:29 PM
V60050
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Current mileage?
Old 01-24-2015, 04:20 PM
Persknickety
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by V60050
Current mileage?
115,000, but you certainly can't tell that cosmetically or mechanically, and only 20,000 or so on the conversion, except for the things done in the last 200 or so miles.
Old 03-25-2016, 08:04 PM
C4in mesa
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

How much are you looking to get for the car ?
Old 03-26-2016, 02:16 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Nice little above my pay grade though.
Old 03-26-2016, 02:28 PM
C4in mesa
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by C4in mesa
How much are you looking to get for the car ?
I see $15,000
Old 03-27-2016, 07:03 PM
Andy1972
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The post is a year old but it is still on the net for sale.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:05 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Any paperwork from Lingenfelter on this?

Get notified of new replies

To FS: 1987 Lingenfelter coupe

Quick Reply: FS: 1987 Lingenfelter coupe