Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

1993 Corvette, Torch Red, 31k Original Miles, 383, Show Condition, 6 speed

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 08:46 PM
pelensky
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 1993 Corvette, Torch Red, 31k Original Miles, 383, Show Condition, 6 speed

I am located in Knoxville, TN. This car is in showroom new condition and runs perfect. There are not many C4s left that are show quality, all original paint, very low miles and tastefully modified. It currently has 31k miles on the car and 6k miles on the engine.

No expense was spared to make this the best C4 possible. It has the original, numbers matching LT1 that was turned into a high performance 383 by Powerhouse Performance and Restoration. The suspension was modified with the best VBP parts. It’s idle is smooth and has the stock dual mass flywheel. The ABS and traction control work perfect, just like it came from the factory. The wheels are ZR1 style with 17x9.5 in the front and 17x11 rears. The rears are deep hub similar in style to the 1995 ZR1 wheels but with the correct offset. Kumho ECSTA XS with 90% tread depth in the following sizes 275/40/17 front and 315/35/17 rear. The brakes are Baer Eradispeed two pc aluminum hubs, cross-drilled, vented, and slotted with C5 Z06 front calipers powder-coated red and rear stock PBR calipers also powder-coated red. I have a complete book with original window sticker and all receipts for 100% of the work done. Receipts total $26,149 for performance enhancements and $3,952 for maintenance. If you use about $13k for the value of base car there was a total of $43,101 invested in this car. It was always garage kept and covered. The cover is also included.

The interior is also in perfect original new condition. This car is absolutely a show car and only caught in the rain a few times. The chassis has been detailed and is white glove clean. I have a lift in my garage so you can inspect every inch of it. The exterior is all original paint in showroom condition. The shine is extremely deep. The wheels, tires and brake pads/rotors have less than 1k miles on them. Rotors, clutch, and tires all spin true with no vibrations. There are no leaks, no engine codes and no hesitation. It has full cats and runs on closed loop with the oxygen sensors. The AC was converted to R134A and works perfect. The Bose sound system sounds great.

The engine work was done by Powerhouse Performance with machine work done by Victory Machine in OH who worked on the earlier Mallet Corvettes. The car’s last Dynojet runs were as follows: 410 lb-ft RWTQ and 407RWHP. When the car ran 407 RWHP it was a 90+ degree day and sat in traffic for about an hour with the AC running. As a result, I think it was heat soaked to a high degree. This equates to about 500hp at the crank. It runs 12.5-12.6 AFR at WOT on the Dyno and street (It has O2 bungs for the wideband and I have a portable Wide Band for testing that I use from time to time). The torque is everywhere. It already has 360 lb-ft RWTQ at 2,500 RPM. The car idles near stock (only people very in tune to such things know it is not stock, most of my friends think it idles close to a stock LT1). Since the last dyno test, ARH headers, cats and cross pipe was added. Also the TPIS 58mm TB and high flow duct was added. It has not been on the dyno again, but it feels even stronger with these mods so I suspect it will do even better.

On the hwy it runs 172-174 deg F no matter the weather. In traffic the fans kick on and it runs up to about 190 deg F (see fan temp on/off below). It has had the oil changed every six months using Castrol 10W-30 Full Synthetic. All Fluids have been changed within the last 18 months including coolant (Dexcool) with distilled water, Synthetic brake fluid (is perfectly clear), Synthetic clutch fluid, Synthetic power steering fluid, BMW motorsports oil in the transmission, and Synthetic Amsoil Axle fluid. I also have all the detailed valve setup measurements (with all shims identified) and the flow sheet on the heads from the machine shop. This was a top-notch build fully blue printed with no expense spared. The valves were adjusted with 100% equal preload to the extent of the smallest shim available.

This car drives and feels essentially stock. It has the dual mass, full weight flywheel. The clutch is stock but is a newer Luk unit with only a few thousand miles on it. It also includes the stock, but newer, Luk pressure plate. Luk was OEM for the C4 LT1. Luk also makes the dual mass flywheel. There is a stock hydraulic master and slave cylinder for the clutch as well. All this means that the car's clutch feels just like any other LT1. The car has never been to the track or launched agressively (popping the clutch). Only smooth take-offs. The clutch does not vibrate or grab so there are no "hot spots" or warpage.

The car idles very near stock. The car does not shake, miss or lope at idle. It starts immediately with only a quick turn of the key (about 0.25 seconds) and idles near stock when cold or hot. The warm up idle is set at 900 rpm (which is only a little higher than stock which is where I programmed it).

It accelerates with light, medium, or heavy throttle from any RPM and does not bog like a 292xfi or higher lift cam. The torque is incredible everywhere even down low. It can cruise like a stock car at 1500 rpm at 60 mph in 6th gear (thanks to the 3.73 gear set). It also gets in the low to mid 20’s mpg on the hwy.

Anyone that has driven a stock C4 LT1 would say this feels close to stock, but with more power. Since it has the Corsa exhaust and full Cats, it sounds close to stock during cruising, but is a little louder at idle. It is much louder at WOT but not annoying like an open header (annoying to me anyway). During cruising there is zero drone as everyone who owns a Corsa system will attest too.

The springs are VBP sport springs with Addco Sway Bars. It has the Z51 shocks so they are a little stiffer than stock. It tightens the car up on the corners without having to deal with the harsh, rattling impact of the stiffer autocross springs. The rest of the suspension is a VBP Tubular setup with VBP Sport Street alignment that was done on a hunter laser alignment machine. The tires were hunter 9700 road force balanced so there is no vibration going down the road at any speed and are filled with Nitrogen. I often talk on my cell phone at speeds well above legal speeds (hands free of course) because it quiet enough to carry on a real conversation (unless you open it up and then it gets significantly louder, but not drone loud).

If someone is looking for an all out race/drag car this is probably not the car for you unless you plan to modify it further. If you want a reliable stock feeling C4, but runs close to a C6 Z06 on the street, this might be the car for you. This was my goal with the car. By the way, it is significantly more powerful and faster than a stock or slightly modified ZR1 (C4 of course!). It could probably be autocrossed very successfully but this car has never seen a track, roadcourse or dragstrip. The clutch has always been let out smoothly without reving the engine and “popping” the clutch.

It comes with the torch red top. However, this is good from the perspective that it is easier to find a glass top if that is what you prefer since you don't have to worry about matching the paint. I actually strongly prefer the fiberglass top because it much quieter and adds more structural rigidity to the car than a clear top. The car does not creek over bumps or driving down the road in anyway. With the “No Flex Frame Stiffener Bar System” it can even been driven with the top off without the chassis shake that plague many C4s. In fact, I didn’t really enjoy driving with the top off until these stiffeners were added.

Below are list of the detailed modifications:

Vortex Cold Air Intake

Ported LT1 Intake by Advanced Induction in Concord, NC

Ported LT1 Heads by Victory Machine in Berea OH

COMP Cams Xtreme 280XFI Fuel Injected Camshafts Camshaft, Hydraulic Roller
Tappet, Advertised Duration 280/288, Lift .576/.570, Chevy, Small
Block CCA-07-467-8

Proform Extruded Aluminum Roller Rocker Arms Rocker Arms, Stud Mount
Full Roller, Aluminum, 1.6 Ratio, Fits 3/ 8 in. Stud, Chevy, Small
Block PRO‐66915

Meziere 100 Series Electric Water Pump Water Pump, Electric, 55 gpm,
Billet Aluminum, Black Anodized, Heavy‐Duty, Chevy, Small Block
MEZ‐WP118HD

160 Degree Thermostat

MSD Superconductor LT1 Sparkplug Wires

NGK V-Power Spark plugs gapped to 0.040

ARH Ceramic Coated headers and Catted X-pipe.

Percy's Split Lock Friction Lock Header Bolts Header Bolts, Split‐Lock,
3/ 8 ‐16 in., 12‐Point Head, 1 in. UHL, Chromemoly, Black Oxide
PHP‐20003

Corsa Sport Exhaust Systems Exhaust System, Twin Pro Series, Cat‐Back, Stainless Steel, Chevy, Corvette, LT1, 5.7L CSE‐14116

TPIS 58mm Throttle Body TB172

SCAT Forged Crank, SMALL BLOCK CHEVY 350 1‐PC REAR SEAL FORGED 350 1‐PC REAR SEAL, STD WEIGHT, 3.750" stroke, 5.7" rod SCA‐435050L

Scat H‐Beam Connecting Rods Connecting Rods, 4340, H‐Beam, 12‐Point
Cap Screw, 5.700 in. Length, Chevy, Small Block SCA‐6570020A

Keith Black Forged Pistons Pistons, Forged, Flat, 4.030 in. Bore, 1/ 16
in., 1/ 16 in., 3/ 16 in. Ring, Chevy, Small Block UEM‐KB728‐030

Total Seal TSS Street Piston Rings Piston Rings, Cast Iron, 4.030 in.
Bore, 1/ 16 in., 1/ 16 in., 3/ 16 in. Thickness, 8‐Cylinder TSR‐S0390‐30

Clevite H‐Series Rod Bearings Rod Bearing, H Series, Standard Size, TM‐77, Chevy, Small Block CLE‐CB663HND

Clevite Camshaft Bearing Sets Cam Bearings, Direct Replacement, B‐1
Steel Backed Tin‐Conventional Babbit,Chevy,Small Block CLE‐SH290S

Clevite Coated H‐Series Main Bearings Main Bearings, H Series, Standard Size, Tri Metal, Chevy CLE‐MS2199HK

Cloyes Original True Roller Timing Sets Timing Chain and Gear Set
Original True Roller, Double Roller, Iron/ Steel Sprockets, Chevy,
Small Block CLO‐9‐3100T

Comp Cam 26918 springs, 4705 cup set, 7608 pushrods, 648 locks, 4753 shims, 1787 lightweight tool steel retainers. I also have detailed shim setup sheets

Melling High Volume Oil Pumps Oil Pump, High‐Volume, Chevy, Small Block MEL‐M155HV

Fel‐Pro Performance Head Gaskets Head Gasket, Composition Type, 4.125 in. Bore, .039 in. Compressed Thickness, Chevy FPP‐1074

Mr. Gasket Ultra‐Seal Exhaust Gaskets Exhaust Gaskets, Header, Ultra‐Seal, D‐Port, Chevy, Small Block MRG‐5965

Racetronix 37lbs Injectors D3165BA

Racetronix 255gph Fuel Pump RX‐C44‐FPA

Racetronix Fuel Pump wiring upgrade RX‐C44‐FPWHG‐2. These oversized wires prevent loss of voltage due to high current draw. Also includes the relays rated for amperage.

PCMForLess Tune: 12.5-12.6 AFR at WOT after many iterations on the dyno, Fan 1 on 184 off 181, Fan 2 on 187 off 183, disable vats, disable egr code, stock knock sensor, disable air pump code (removed, but included with car), idle 900 RPM, Rev limit 6300 RPM.

MSD Ignition Pro‐Billet LT1 Distributors Distributor, Optispark I,
Optical Trigger, Electronic Advance, Chevy, 5.7L, LT1 MSD‐8381

MSD 6AL CD Ignitions Ignition Box, MSD 6AL, Analog CD, with Rev Limiter MSD‐6420

ATI Super Damper Harmonic Balancer

Aluminum Coolant Recovery Tank

Dewitts Radiator with A90 C4 dual high ouput fans.

PA Performance CS144 high ouput 140 AMP alternator

Heim Jointed Swaybars links

Addco Sway Bars 2170 and 2175

DRM Trailing Arm Brackets, Camber Rod Brackets, Upper Shock Bushing (F&R), Rack and Pinion Bushings.

VBP HD Stut/Trailing/Toe Rod Combo w/forged ends 42219, Front end kit 84104, poly bushing for rear cross member 84108, Front and rear sport spring 31302S and 31301S, Z51 Bilsten shocks VBP330

Spicer U joints drive axles and Drive Shaft

Full Gear style Locking differential. This is a True Trac without clutch plates. Best you can get.

2 pc Baer aluminum hat cross drilled and slotted rotors. Front C5 size, rear C4 size.

C5 Z06 Front Calipers powder-coated Red. Rear C4 calipers powder-coated Red.

Goodridge G-Stop Stainless Steel Brake Lines

DRM Brake Bias spring. Gives a little more rear brake pressure for better stopping feel and performance.

ZR51 short throw shifter. Retains reverse lockout

ZR51 C4 Beam Plates

Rear Differential Amsoil 75W90, Synthetic

BMW motorsports oil in the transmission

Auto Specialties Underdrive Street Pulley Set Pulley Set, Serpentine,
Steel, Nitride, Chevy, Corvette ‐ NOTE the alt pulley was changed as
well to allow the car to mainASP‐945803

Powermaster High Torque XS 9502 Starter

ZR1 A-mold Wheels 17x9.5 and 17x11 with 275/40/17 and 315/35/17 Kumho ECSTA XS Tires

Maintenance includes: New GM hub bearings (didn’t really need it but was done with suspension and brake mods), all fluids (many times over the last few years), PCV valve, Brake reservoir (old one was getting discolored), Center console cover ($380 OEM, old one was starting to curl a little on the edge), TPS, IAC (just to replace with new, no problem with old), Rear Bose Amps ($303), Door buzzer, O2 sensors (AC delco, just to replace, no issues with originals), Ignition Module (AC Delco, just to replace, no issues with original), all belts and hoses, PS pump (no issues just to get a new one in there), AC Delco Battery (left on a maintainer).

I purchased the car from the second owner who is a forum member here. I had the car for 2 years and I sold it to another forum member (Ackman70). Over time I became friends with both members. Since I missed the car so much and had kept in touch with Ackman70, I bought the car back about 14 months later. Ackman put about 700 miles on it. It has been back in my possession about 2 years. My new job requires me to travel so much I have no time to enjoy the car. I currently have 4 cars and rarely get to enjoy them. The car has been a good-weather weekend cruiser.

Please visit the following link to see more than 180 pictures. The VIN is 1G1YY23P8P5102989.

http://s758.photobucket.com/user/pel...993%20Corvette

I don’t get to the forum frequently so the best way to reach me is by phone at 865-296-2115. The asking price is $18,500. I am confident that either of the previous owners would be willing to talk to serious buyer.

Last edited by pelensky; 03-14-2015 at 06:32 PM.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:52 PM
HeavyLifter
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Beautiful car & fantastic level of detail in your post. GLWS!
Old 03-11-2015, 10:23 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 612 Likes on 492 Posts

Old 03-12-2015, 08:28 AM
ggroller
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Buy with confidence.

Dan is a an honest seller, meticulous with his cars, and a very nice guy.

I bought my '02 Z from him a few years ago.

Garrett
Old 03-13-2015, 12:05 AM
Polo Vert
Pro

Received 93 Likes on 73 Posts

Wow......super nice!
Old 03-16-2015, 12:53 PM
pelensky
Racer

I have a sale pending. Final pickup date is scheduled to occur prior to April 6.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:57 PM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

Received 522 Likes on 342 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

It was an easy to realize this one wouldn't last long.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:47 AM
pelensky
Racer

Car has been sold.
Old 03-22-2015, 02:07 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Congrats I think it was a hell of a steal for someone. glad someone recognized the time and $$ into this car.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:03 AM
ORANGEBROTHERS
Team Owner

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Damn just missed it!
Old 03-25-2015, 08:33 AM
CDN/AZ LT4
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pelensky
Car has been sold.
Congratulations on your sale. Your "For Sale" ad is probably one of the most comprehensive, detailed and well articulated ads that has been posted on this forum. When putting this much time and effort in creating in ad such as yours, you also end up telling prospective buyers a lot about yourself...your character and attention to detail are obvious. After reading the ad, a prospective buyer only needs to negotiate a reasonable price and arrange a pickup date. Well done.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:56 AM
HeavyLifter
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CDN/AZ LT4
Congratulations on your sale. Your "For Sale" ad is probably one of the most comprehensive, detailed and well articulated ads that has been posted on this forum. When putting this much time and effort in creating in ad such as yours, you also end up telling prospective buyers a lot about yourself...your character and attention to detail are obvious. After reading the ad, a prospective buyer only needs to negotiate a reasonable price and arrange a pickup date. Well done.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:33 AM
88BlackZ-51
Race Director

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by CDN/AZ LT4
Agreed!

Can you tell us what it sold for??

Last edited by 88BlackZ-51; 04-23-2015 at 08:35 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To 1993 Corvette, Torch Red, 31k Original Miles, 383, Show Condition, 6 speed

Quick Reply: 1993 Corvette, Torch Red, 31k Original Miles, 383, Show Condition, 6 speed