Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

Selling My White 95 Coupe - Is Price Right?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 07:24 PM
Amazing1
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Selling My White 95 Coupe - Is Price Right?

Because of a back injury (or is it my hip?) I can no longer get in and out of my beloved 95 Coupe. So, I have been trying to 1st sell the car to a local buyer in the metro Atlanta area. I started out at $8,500 for a very nice, clean car with 80k miles, automatic transmission and a few nice extras. However, every single inquiry I have received seems to think that $6500 is a more reasonable price for this car. I disagree. What do you guys think.

Let me say that this car has been a mechanical dream. I've owned it for 10 years, driven it about 20,000 miles over that time, and replaced the usual suspected parts that should wear out, including the computer. I have not done any engine improvements or modifications, nor have I ever abused the car in any way. So, in my way of thinking, this car is a mostly factory stock car, nicely kept at 20 years old, that would make a perfect car for someone to simply enjoy as is, or could be modified as a new owner sees fit for how they intend to drive or use the car.

So, if anyone would like more details about this car, feel free to contact me via the forum, or for those of you with sound opinions, I welcome your ideas on whether my car is worth my asking price of $8.5k or is worth closer to only $6.5k

BTW - I know, I know, one of my sawblades on each side are backwards.
Attached Images    
Old 04-17-2015, 11:38 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 615 Likes on 494 Posts

Considering we're in spring, your asking price is fine
Old 04-18-2015, 11:16 AM
VetteSonic
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been tracking the market for a while, and personally, I tend to agree with the offers of $6,500.

The auto C4 market seems to be a buyer's market, as options are many. I've been seeing C5 autos for sale, though I think with higher miles, in the $8-9,500 range.

IMHO, at $8,000+ you're going to have to show why the car is special, why it's worth a bit more than the other C4 autos on the market, through presentation, details, photos and the like.

Good luck with your sale. I hope you get the offer you're looking for and end up finding a great home for your '95!
Old 04-18-2015, 11:48 AM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 615 Likes on 494 Posts

Well, I was offered 7,300 for my 93 Ruby, 78k miles. And it's a Z07. C5 at 9,500 will have at least 100k miles.
Old 04-18-2015, 09:40 PM
kimmer
Le Mans Master

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
C4 of the Year Finalist

Thats a good asking price out here.
Old 04-19-2015, 04:48 AM
Zrxmax
Race Director

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Market values determine selling price. People are comparrison shopping and with 350,000 C4s built during their run its a varied market from a

value prespective. What you need is exposure... lots of it. A while back a 93 or 94 ( can't remember exactly ) LT-1 6 speed car sold for $8700 at

auction. It was in nice shape and reasonable miles ( 50 to 70K ) Was that a fair price? Somebody thought so.

The buyer is out there at your price if you can find them. It is a timing issue also. People willing to spend impulsively when presented with

the opportunity to buy your car can happen... right place, right time. A test drive coupled with a good sales presentation can also go a long

way to making the sale.

Good luck !
Old 04-19-2015, 11:17 AM
irokcj5
Instructor

I find that I have better offers to buy my car at local car shows. I just don't want to sell. Too many for sell on fourms pushes prices down. Great deals though for buyers. My advice, just take to car shows and put a for sell sign with no price. You may be surprised!
Old 04-21-2015, 09:33 AM
RedCorvette1988
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I asked a sales person at a small car lot why they didn't have any c-4s. He said loans wasn't as easy to get cause of the age of the car. When I mentioned that the price was down on them. He said that is why. I do know of folks who have gotten loans on c-4's but it was the lower priced ones.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:06 AM
mike100
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Sorry to say, but only the 6-spd late model C4's seem to be enjoying a resurgence in value and demand.

Definitely a lot of people want the automatics, but with 80k-ish miles you might want to ask $7k if you want to move it quickly.
Old 04-21-2015, 03:41 PM
stingray71
Burning Brakes

Received 190 Likes on 138 Posts

Are those inquiries from actual buyers who have seen the car in person or just from viewing pictures? In my experience, offers from people who do not see the car in person always tend to be lower.
I think your asking price is reasonable, but you may end up somewhere in between depending on condition.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:47 PM
Jalopy Bob
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Amazing1
Because of a back injury (or is it my hip?) I can no longer get in and out of my beloved 95 Coupe. So, I have been trying to 1st sell the car to a local buyer in the metro Atlanta area. I started out at $8,500 for a very nice, clean car with 80k miles, automatic transmission and a few nice extras. However, every single inquiry I have received seems to think that $6500 is a more reasonable price for this car. I disagree. What do you guys think.

Let me say that this car has been a mechanical dream. I've owned it for 10 years, driven it about 20,000 miles over that time, and replaced the usual suspected parts that should wear out, including the computer. I have not done any engine improvements or modifications, nor have I ever abused the car in any way. So, in my way of thinking, this car is a mostly factory stock car, nicely kept at 20 years old, that would make a perfect car for someone to simply enjoy as is, or could be modified as a new owner sees fit for how they intend to drive or use the car.

So, if anyone would like more details about this car, feel free to contact me via the forum, or for those of you with sound opinions, I welcome your ideas on whether my car is worth my asking price of $8.5k or is worth closer to only $6.5k

BTW - I know, I know, one of my sawblades on each side are backwards.
Up in the Chicago area they would ask $10,800.00 for a car like yours. Just one problem. They are not selling. This should be prime selling season for a car like yours. If you let the market determine the price and you don't agree, sometimes its a hard pill to swallow. I have seen good cars with miles in the 60's sell for $6200. Sad
Old 04-23-2015, 08:18 AM
vetteman42
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

To answer your question directly a range from $6,500 to $7,000 should generate interest here. You must realize that all sellers believe their ride is more valuable than potential buyers. There's a lot of other C4s on the forum, so how can I make mine standout! For example this week a '96 CE in similar condition and mileage sold for $6,500 after trying to sell last year in the $8 to $9k range.

Increase marketing effort might help such as: more pictures, detailed descriptions...ask yourself as a buyer what would I want to know and then include that information. Also include any manuals, Chevy documentation, additional parts, service records in the writeup and in the price. And consider establishing a price within the range and stand by that price!

Hope this helps and good luck!

SAVE THE WAVE

Last edited by vetteman42; 04-23-2015 at 09:19 AM.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:02 PM
sahhas
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

as an individual who is looking...i can just give you my take.
if you think you can get your 8-9K range, then go for it and prove everyone wrong.

i think for me: when i see C4s getting close to the 10K range and then above i think, "that's crazy".
and why do i say this: i've seen some '01-'03s for sale that were in the 15-16K range (i know this, b/c it's the car my wife wants to get)...so when i see these prices i just think some C4 prices are a bit high (personal investment, everyone thinks what they have is worth more).

and to give you another pt: i saw some car show (can't remember which one), the guy got a 69 or 70 vette w/ an L88 engine and got it for 8K. that floored me! i'm just not sure that i see C4s in the "classic price range yet"

and in my area, i've seen a number of 95 & 96s in the 5000 range for sale-which has also blown me away!!!!!!
so that's where i'm coming from as i've seen things. certainly w/ warm weather coming, i've seen the prices of some vettes really go up vs. what they were in the winter!
good luck!
Old 04-24-2015, 06:26 PM
irokcj5
Instructor

I was going to sell mine and was hoping for 9k. Car looks almost brand new inside and out and everything works, with 78k on it. I've owned for 4 years and put 10,000 miles on it, keeping it garaged and new looking. If its only worth 6 o 7, I'm going to drive it and enjoy for another 20k miles. Probably will still get 5-6 a couple years from now. Then it will be C7 time.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:51 PM
Jimmy L. Blakely
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought that 96 CE and I thought I got a real fair deal. I have a 26K mile 96 CE conv. with same paint/interior combo so I thought it was a good match. Remember that some cars might be a little more desirable and a little more "pricey" example: 96 CE with the RED interior, very few made especially the conv. model. There is 1 for sale right now on the FORUM that is stunning! Shipping is costing me $900 so remember that if someone local wants it. If they say they found one on ebay or craigslist 1000 miles away for a cheaper price factor in what is will cost to get it to its final destination.

Get notified of new replies

To Selling My White 95 Coupe - Is Price Right?

Quick Reply: Selling My White 95 Coupe - Is Price Right?