Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

1985 Z51 A4 in NW PA

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 02:29 PM
TimV SR
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Default 1985 Z51 A4 in NW PA

I've been struggling with listing this car for awhile and was wondering if there is any interest:

1985 Chevy Corvette Z51

I bought this car in January of 2002 with just shy of 100,000 miles. This has been a great car that was obviously well maintained and currently has 118,000 miles. In 2003 I had the suspension completely rebuilt with polyurethane bushings, all new u-joints, wheel bearings, Bilstien shock absorbers, ball joints and tie rod ends. A couple of years later, I replaced the steering rack, brake rotors, pads, master cylinder and upgraded the brake hoses to braided stainless ones. The fuel pump and alternator have been replaced. The car stereo and speakers have been upgraded. A failed torque converter was replaced in 2010 and the transmission refreshed while it was out. Two years ago I sent the digital display to be professionally rebuilt with upgraded power supply (K&B Special Products). New plugs, wires, cap and rotor last year. The interior is in great shape and the body was repainted by a previous owner and still shines nicely. Shortly before I bought the car, the last owner did a mild cam upgrade and valve job. He also installed a true duel stainless exhaust system that is still like new. I have always stored the car in a heated and humidity-controlled garage and rarely drove it in the rain. The engine is strong and the car is tight. I have the original wheels with 2003 Firehawks and the ARE's shown with Nitto 555's that were new in 2012 (9-1/2" fronts, 11" rears). The car currently has the correct front license filler cover installed. Known issues: A lot of the emmisions components have been deleted, so a Collectors Car plate is a must. It leaves a couple of oil drips on the floor that may be either engine oil or power steering fluid. The timing mark on the harmonic balancer is off, but timing is right after determining TDC on cylinder 1.

I will try to post more pics later.

Would like $7,000 for the car with both sets of wheels or $6,000 with only the originals.

Old 04-24-2015, 08:46 PM
TimV SR
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I pulled the cover back and took a couple of pics. The seat looks dirty, but it isn't.

Quick Reply: 1985 Z51 A4 in NW PA