Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

What is a 1988 Callaway Aerobody worth???

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2002, 09:09 PM
wardprickett
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is a 1988 Callaway Aerobody worth???

What would be a realistic price for a 1988 corvette callaway aerobody. It is in show quality condition and has 40k miles on it. It is white with torch red leather. The glass top is in perfect shape as are the dymag wheels. The leather is in new condition with no rips or tears. The body is near flawless with no major nicks, scratches, chips, etc. The transmission was recently gone through and completely rebuilt as was the rack and pinion. It is a 4+3 and now shifts beautifully. The car runs perfectly and does not leak or burn fluids. (other than premium gas!) The turbos work evenly and are very responsive. It has all new injectors, a new mass air flow sensor, and a new Borla stainless steel catback exhaust system. There is no evidence of any previous recks or damage. This is a true aerobody with all callaway markings and everything works as it should. What is this car worth??? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 08-15-2002, 04:21 PM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

Received 522 Likes on 342 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Default Re: What is a 1988 Callaway Aerobody worth??? (wardprickett)

Did you buy that car?

[Modified by SurfnSun, 3:25 PM 8/15/2002]
Old 08-15-2002, 05:54 PM
wardprickett
Intermediate

Default Re: What is a 1988 Callaway Aerobody worth??? (SurfnSun)

Yeah, I bought it... not sure if I am going to keep it or not. Love it but it is probably not something I should have right now. I am curious what a good asking price would be. It is a beautiful car and has always been babied!!!
Old 08-15-2002, 07:37 PM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '10

did you carfax it? if youre REALLY interested in selling it you can email me your phone number.

[Modified by SurfnSun, 6:58 PM 8/15/2002]
Old 08-16-2002, 01:08 PM
90Callaway
Pro

If this is the car I think it is then it's been discussed quite a bit over the past few months. I don't personally know about this car and have never seen it. I would be willing to say the aerobody was installed some time later by a shop other than Callaway's. There were also a couple of other "discrepancies" that were noted.

It basically looked like a nice car from the photos. If you bought it "right" I'd say it's worth what you paid for it in this market.
Old 08-16-2002, 04:04 PM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '10

Default Re: What is a 1988 Callaway Aerobody worth??? (90Callaway)

If this is the car I think it is then it's been discussed quite a bit over the past few months. I don't personally know about this car and have never seen it. I would be willing to say the aerobody was installed some time later by a shop other than Callaway's. There were also a couple of other "discrepancies" that were noted.

It basically looked like a nice car from the photos. If you bought it "right" I'd say it's worth what you paid for it in this market.
Yes this is the same car.

Get notified of new replies

To What is a 1988 Callaway Aerobody worth???

Quick Reply: What is a 1988 Callaway Aerobody worth???