Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

WTT: Your corvette for Pilot's license

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 11:11 PM
turboexec
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WTT: Your corvette for Pilot's license

I thought I might throw this out there and see if any one is interested in trading their vette for a Sport or Private pilots license.
I own a flight school and we offer accelerated training packages, 1-3 week courses to earn a license. Come down on Sunny central Florida and spend a couple weeks earning a license and trade away that corvette you have sitting in the garage.

I'm looking for a C4 in turn key condition. I'm ok with some light cosmetic issues but I'm not looking for a project.

If you are interested PM me for more details.

Last edited by turboexec; 10-23-2016 at 07:09 PM.
Old 11-15-2015, 10:58 PM
loflite
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by turboexec
I thought I might throw this out there and see if any one is interested in trading their vette for a Sport or Private pilots license.
I own a flight school and we offer accelerated training packages, 1-3 week courses to earn a license. Come down on Sunny central Florida and spend a couple weeks earning a license and trade away that corvette you have sitting in the garage.

I'm looking for a '89+ C4 in turn key condition. I'm ok with some light cosmetic issues but I'm not looking for a project.

If you are interested PM me for more details.
Bump for ya. I like the idea. If I had a C4 and didn't already have my private I would consider it. Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
turboexec (11-15-2015)
Old 11-20-2015, 02:20 PM
turboexec
Advanced

ttt, I'm still looking for a C4. Winter is here, and it is in the 80s here in Florida. Stop shoveling snow and start flying!
Old 11-20-2015, 08:36 PM
pologreen1
Team Owner

Received 260 Likes on 239 Posts

WOW I wish I lived by you...
Old 11-22-2015, 11:03 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

Turnkey 89 would be in the 7500-9000 range...kinda steep for a private. I'd love to finish my license more than anything in the world, but I just can't find the spare funds these days. You building anything...need fabrication, any advanced mechanical...lets trade somethin else...lol.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:11 AM
turboexec
Advanced

RC, thanks for the offer. If you already have a sufficient amount of time then yes that's probably worth more than what it would cost to finish your license. Our average PPLs spend around $7k-8k start to finish. You could get your license and add-on a complex rating, or maybe do a little traveling....

I've got a friend who is probably one of the best composite guys in the country and another with a fantastic machine shop. Getting something fabricated usually isn't too hard, but I'll keep you in mind.
Old 11-26-2015, 10:28 AM
turboexec
Advanced

ttt, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
Old 11-26-2015, 12:46 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by turboexec
RC, thanks for the offer. If you already have a sufficient amount of time then yes that's probably worth more than what it would cost to finish your license. Our average PPLs spend around $7k-8k start to finish. You could get your license and add-on a complex rating, or maybe do a little traveling....

I've got a friend who is probably one of the best composite guys in the country and another with a fantastic machine shop. Getting something fabricated usually isn't too hard, but I'll keep you in mind.
I'm talking more along the lines if you want to custom turbocharge a lycoming or continental...maybe an auto swapped custom built, full titanium one-off manifolds and put it on a full custom engine management setup, all built from the ground up, packaged and engineered to do work. Local machine shop isn't pullin that off.

I'd love to build an air race or acro type plane...do all the powerplant development.

Last edited by RC000E; 11-26-2015 at 12:47 PM.
Old 11-27-2015, 12:27 AM
ghoastrider1
Le Mans Master

Received 265 Likes on 240 Posts

Wish I was young enough and healthy enough to do this. Hint at my age.. before I was a teenager (barely) dad used to take me down to the airport in Columbus Georgia and they had a "penny a pound" flight over and around the city. Loved flying that first takeoff. Loved it so much, I flew as a door gunner on hueys in Nam. Nothing like it.
Old 10-23-2016, 07:11 PM
turboexec
Advanced

I thought I'd throw this back up to the top. Winter is on us once again, don't stick your car in storage for another year. Any year C4, let me know what you have....

Get notified of new replies

To WTT: Your corvette for Pilot's license

Quick Reply: WTT: Your corvette for Pilot's license