Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

1987 Z52 coupe FS

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 05:41 PM
KYC4
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 39 Posts
Default 1987 Z52 coupe FS

This C4 came into our dealership on a trade two weeks ago. It's an overall solid car that runs and drives good. It did have a code 34 and 36 for MAF but I cleaned and reset it and so far, so good. It has 119K and we have all records since 1997 including complete engine rebuild from 2004. Having lived in California, Georgia and Kentucky the car has been regularly maintained and has every record to show for it. It's a 2-owner car. We are asking $8,980. However, for CF members the price is $7,499. If you call in you MUST reference me (Lee) and mention that you saw it on Corvette Forum. I am not a sales person I do all of our digital media and CEI stuff. However I am our dealership's 'GM guy' and 'Corvette guy' as I own two TAs and two Corvettes and havae worked on them for years. I would like this C4 to find a good Corvette home!

http://www.zimmermotors.com/inventor.../Used/SortBy0/

Thanks,

Lee

Underhood

Engine 1

Engine 2

All gauges work fine. Looks like one bulb may be out on the right center section.

Everything works but the radio (Bose) has iffy sound. I think it may be due to the speakers being old.

Drivers side door

Drivers side. The steering wheel leather is the worst part on the car. Otherwise interior has the normal cracking (but no rips) that you see from this era

Passenger door

Passenger side interior

Rear hatch 1

Rear hatch 2

Rear hatch 3

The wheels are all in nice shape

Rear panel

Front nose

Passenger front 3/4

Passenger side

Passenger rear 3/4

Drivers front 3/4

Drivers rear 3/4

RPO sticker. Dual top car but does not have glass top.

Engine work 1

Engine work 2

Gas door emblem
Old 11-27-2015, 05:48 PM
KYC4
Burning Brakes

The car also has DynoMax mufflers and exhaust. The engine build was balanced and they added a Crane PowerMax cam p/n 104225, Comp lifters and roller rockers. I drove it for an afternoon and it ran pretty stout.

You can message me here on CF about the car if you wish. Again, I am NOT a sales person. I will make no money on this car I just want to see it find a good home.

Later,

Lee
Old 12-04-2015, 04:53 PM
KYC4
Burning Brakes

Well, we had a buyer's financing fall thru so we still have the '87. Runs and drives good. Price is very negotiable.

Later,

Lee
Old 12-24-2015, 09:51 AM
KYC4
Burning Brakes

Price reduced for Corvette Forum members to $6,990.

Later,

Lee
Old 01-21-2016, 01:07 PM
KYC4
Burning Brakes

We just put a new battery in her as the recent cold snap took the old one out. Now $5,990 for Corvette Forum members! Tough for us to sell a nice driver Corvette in winter but we will get it done. Remember, it has only 15K on the motor since it was professionally gone thru and it runs/drives good.

Please email me directly at lfogel@zimmermotors.com or my internet manager Michael Smith at msmith@zimmermotors.com. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Lee
Old 01-22-2016, 02:26 PM
Lloyd Smale
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts

something doesn't seem right with that bill for the rebuild. Why would they charge someone for a flywheel when its an automatic??
Old 01-22-2016, 05:50 PM
KYC4
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale
something doesn't seem right with that bill for the rebuild. Why would they charge someone for a flywheel when its an automatic??
That is a good question. I wonder if they replaced the flex plate and referred to is as the fly wheel perhaps? Otherwise that makes no sense. Good catch!

The 'vette was wholesaled yesterday and is not gone.

Later,

Lee

Get notified of new replies

To 1987 Z52 coupe FS

Quick Reply: 1987 Z52 coupe FS