Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

WTB: Any Year ZR-1

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 10:22 PM
Sphinx
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats on the car!

I'm about to start the same search as you, same price point +/-. I have 6 months to get a car and will use it as a daily driver. Definitely going to be patient for the right car.

I remember seeing my first one in 1990 at Cody (now andean) Chevrolet in Dahlonega, GA on my drive home from college classes. It was red with gigantic rear tires.

I was trying to decide on what car to get and went through a thousand ideas - the zr1 checked all of the boxes.
Old 04-17-2016, 01:25 PM
Awemazing
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sphinx
Congrats on the car!

I'm about to start the same search as you, same price point +/-. I have 6 months to get a car and will use it as a daily driver. Definitely going to be patient for the right car.

I remember seeing my first one in 1990 at Cody (now andean) Chevrolet in Dahlonega, GA on my drive home from college classes. It was red with gigantic rear tires.

I was trying to decide on what car to get and went through a thousand ideas - the zr1 checked all of the boxes.
Thanks man! I'm completely infatuated with the car, and I'm sure you will be too when you get yours. I found that looking here and on the ZR-1 Registry are the places to go. I spent a lot of time looking on random websites like cargurus, eBay, autotrader, etc., but I talked to so many people that were just trying to scam people out of money. Here and on the registry is the place to find a wealth of knowledge about the cars. The for sale threads here and on the registry are the places to go because the people on these sites really care about their cars and love them.

People are saying that the deal that I got was rare, but when I was seriously looking, I passed up on some cars that were a little more expensive, but there was always something that deterred me from buying it.

I think you have the right idea with being patient, but don't be surprised if the right car pops up soon. Do your adequate research, and I think you'll be incredibly happy with this car.

If you have any more questions about my car or my search or anything, shoot me a PM.
The following users liked this post:
Sphinx (04-17-2016)
Old 04-17-2016, 01:41 PM
FASTAZU
Race Director

Received 910 Likes on 583 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods)
2018 C4 of Year Finalist
2015 C4 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '16
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Congrats you got a nice car for a great price I bought my Yellow 93 from Ted a few years back and have known Ted for about 14 years great guy!!
Old 04-17-2016, 01:48 PM
Awemazing
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by We Gone
Congrats you got a nice car for a great price I bought my Yellow 93 from Ted a few years back and have known Ted for about 14 years great guy!!
Thanks! Yeah Ted's really an awesome guy! I couldn't have asked for a better person to buy from.
Old 04-17-2016, 02:36 PM
Sphinx
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Awemazing
Thanks man! I'm completely infatuated with the car, and I'm sure you will be too when you get yours. I found that looking here and on the ZR-1 Registry are the places to go. I spent a lot of time looking on random websites like cargurus, eBay, autotrader, etc., but I talked to so many people that were just trying to scam people out of money. Here and on the registry is the place to find a wealth of knowledge about the cars. The for sale threads here and on the registry are the places to go because the people on these sites really care about their cars and love them.

People are saying that the deal that I got was rare, but when I was seriously looking, I passed up on some cars that were a little more expensive, but there was always something that deterred me from buying it.

I think you have the right idea with being patient, but don't be surprised if the right car pops up soon. Do your adequate research, and I think you'll be incredibly happy with this car.

If you have any more questions about my car or my search or anything, shoot me a PM.
From monitoring the threads in the last week, it looks like yours was a very good deal, but definitely that's close to market price. For a motivated buyer and seller, it is spot on. But too many cars have owners who have a very high opinion of the value of their cars and their cars just sit in the for sale ads. I'm looking at one now that the owner has been trying to unload for well over 6 months, but priced way too high for the miles.

A friend (and forum member) bought one not long ago, again, in that price range when you adjust for the car's condition.

Thanks for the tips, and I'll definitely hit you up if I have any questions.

Quick Reply: WTB: Any Year ZR-1