Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

1992 LT1 C4 63k miles in CT - $10k

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 11:06 AM
stockpile
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 1992 LT1 C4 63k miles in CT - $10k

So, I recently brought home a C7, and I just don't find the time for this beauty any longer.

It's an all original stock coupe (except for the window tint) with dual targa panels.

The car has an A4 transmission, and a new set of tires (less than 1,000 miles on the set). 63,600 miles on the odometer at present time.

The interior is in great shape, with the only real signs of wear on the carpet in the driver's side footwell. The dash and even the seats hide their age very well.

I am including a Coverking Autobody Armor cover with the car - it is less than 1 year old.

Asking $7,900 or best offer (I know the market for C4's is soft, so reasonable offers are welcome)

Incidentally, this car was a participant in the 2015 Corvettes at Carlisle flag dispay - it's the white car immediately under the bottom rightmost blue car.

Autobody Armor cover comes with car

Seats in great shape, few signs of wear

dual tops

No check engine light or other warning lights are on.

clean

Pop up headlights function properly, as do all exterior lights.

Last edited by stockpile; 04-28-2016 at 10:14 AM. Reason: price drop
Old 04-19-2016, 10:17 AM
stockpile
Instructor

Default Price drop - $8,900 obo

Wow, the C4 market is horrible!

With that said, $8,900 or best offer for this C4. Runs perfect, dual tops, new tires... Just hop in and have fun this summer!

I want to buy an older Jeep once I sell my C4, so I would also entertain trades for a pre-1987 CJ (before Chrysler took over Jeep and made them suck, lol)
Old 04-19-2016, 11:48 AM
FirstC4
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Yea it's a hard time to sell, but a great buyers market! Good luck!
Old 04-22-2016, 06:55 PM
stockpile
Instructor

I have received a couple offers (not from this forum) for $5k, which I didn't even bother to counteroffer. Is that really what a car like this goes for now? That seems terribly low to me. In fact, at that point, I think it would make more financial sense for me to make this my daily driver to keep miles off my other cars and take advantage of the face that there are only 63k miles on this car.
Just curious what other folks selling C4's recently would have to say?? Thanks!
Old 04-22-2016, 07:02 PM
jay23ls
Burning Brakes

Received 85 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by stockpile
I have received a couple offers (not from this forum) for $5k, which I didn't even bother to counteroffer. Is that really what a car like this goes for now? That seems terribly low to me. In fact, at that point, I think it would make more financial sense for me to make this my daily driver to keep miles off my other cars and take advantage of the face that there are only 63k miles on this car.
Just curious what other folks selling C4's recently would have to say?? Thanks!
I looked at many C4s on every website and a couple forums before I bought mine a couple wks ago. Though its a buyer's market, $5k is a serious low ball offer for a C4 w that mileage and condition. Hell Id buy another to use as a DD and avoid putting miles on the one I just got

I think whats happening is ppl trying to make a quick buck are offering those low ball offers to sell quickly elsewhere for a pretty low price.

A more believable price where it should move is $8-10k. Whats affecting your sale the most is probably the color; white was one of the most common colors I saw. Still not enough to dip to 5k

Last edited by jay23ls; 04-22-2016 at 07:03 PM.
The following users liked this post:
stockpile (04-22-2016)
Old 04-22-2016, 07:25 PM
stockpile
Instructor

Originally Posted by jay23ls
I looked at many C4s on every website and a couple forums before I bought mine a couple wks ago. Though its a buyer's market, $5k is a serious low ball offer for a C4 w that mileage and condition. Hell Id buy another to use as a DD and avoid putting miles on the one I just got

I think whats happening is ppl trying to make a quick buck are offering those low ball offers to sell quickly elsewhere for a pretty low price.

A more believable price where it should move is $8-10k. Whats affecting your sale the most is probably the color; white was one of the most common colors I saw. Still not enough to dip to 5k
I hope these were just guys trying to take advantage of a potentially desperate seller (which I am not), only to flip it for a nice profit - like you said. Any time I sell a car, I always hear from people who seem to assume that I'm desolate and have to sell immediately to put food on the table and then shoot a lowball offer.

I figured with summer approaching (and graduation season), I would just post some ads online and wait until I hit $8k or so. White C4's are pretty common though, no doubt there. I was hoping to have a leg up with the condition, new tires, and dual tops. We'll see. I've seen older C4's with peeling paint and / or mechanical issues bring $5 - 6k, so the $5k offers on mine seemed pretty far off base.
Old 04-25-2016, 06:39 PM
Ron B C4
Pro

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

You need to factor in what Barrett Jackson gets in fees also. CL is full of stupid people. I have sold a couple of cars and bikes on their. You have to deal with a lot of stupid offers, just ignore them. Although sometimes it's hard to with the stupid offers.

In my experience when someone calls and actually comes and looks at what you have, They usually will buy it for a decent price. Takes a couple of months sometimes though.
Old 04-25-2016, 06:41 PM
Ron B C4
Pro

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

Sorry stockpile. I thought I posted this in you're Barrett Jackson thread.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:01 PM
DinoBob
Melting Slicks

Received 365 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron B C4
Sorry stockpile. I thought I posted this in you're Barrett Jackson thread.
This is a damn shame. The car is definitely worth $9000. Hang in there.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:36 PM
stockpile
Instructor

Hoping that summer brings out the car enthusiasts who can appreciate the car or a recent college grad who wants to get into the car scene (and I don't mean Hondas, lol). I'm tempted to just say *&^$% it and keep the car, but seeing it sit and not get used would eat at me. I'm not one of those hoard 'em and don't drive 'em types.... I wouldn't mind cutting a nice deal for wide eyed kid looking for an entry level, but nice car to get into the hobby. However, shooing away the slick talking CL lowballers looking for a quick flip gets old very quick. I guess I'll give it until the deadline to lock in my spot at Barrett-Jackson (another 6ish weeks or so) and then take a chance with them if nothing happens. If you see a big bald guy cursing a white C4 selling for $4,000 on Velocity coverage of Barrett Jackson later this summer, it might be me!
Old 04-28-2016, 10:15 AM
stockpile
Instructor

Price drop: $7,900 obo.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:25 AM
FirstC4
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

To give you a point of reference on real world sales in the last 2 weeks. I passed on a '95 coupe M6 with 56k and new tires that sold for $8800. And I purchased a '95 coupe A4 with 62k that needed tires for $7500.

Obviously the 6-speed cars will bring a few extra bucks because they are hard to find. So being that your a few model years older, and yours is obviously in great condition, id say that in the 7k range would be realistic. I think your much closer to a sale now with your price drop. I think You'll definitely sell it in less than 6 weeks.

I've also seen the dual tops don't really add market value. Honestly, I'd only sell one with the car, and sell the other one separately. You can make an extra few hundred bucks that way, people are always looking for tops in good condition.

Last edited by FirstC4; 04-28-2016 at 11:26 AM.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:13 PM
stockpile
Instructor

Originally Posted by FirstC4
To give you a point of reference on real world sales in the last 2 weeks. I passed on a '95 coupe M6 with 56k and new tires that sold for $8800. And I purchased a '95 coupe A4 with 62k that needed tires for $7500.

Obviously the 6-speed cars will bring a few extra bucks because they are hard to find. So being that your a few model years older, and yours is obviously in great condition, id say that in the 7k range would be realistic. I think your much closer to a sale now with your price drop. I think You'll definitely sell it in less than 6 weeks.

I've also seen the dual tops don't really add market value. Honestly, I'd only sell one with the car, and sell the other one separately. You can make an extra few hundred bucks that way, people are always looking for tops in good condition.
Your experience is in line with what I'm seeing as well. I came up with $7,900 to give myself some negotiating room, hoping to walk away with $7,500 and willing to go less if someone shows up with cash (always easier than waiting for financing). I had underestimated by a wide margin how soft the C4 market is when I first posted the ad. I actually had a guy take a look at it, only to lose interest in the C4 and try to make a deal for my C3. One of the big reasons why I decided to sell my C4 instead of the C3 is because the C3 is an M4 as opposed to the A4 in the C4. The other big reason is that I actually fit better in the C3. So, it took me a while, but I see what the market is now... the A4 hurts and to a lesser degree, the common Arctic white color.

Good point on the extra top. When I bought the car, I didn't consider that worth paying a premium for. Now as a seller, I shouldn't expect to get a premium for it or the car cover. That's a pretty good price you paid for a 1995, definitely gives me some perspective of high supply of C4's up for grabs and the need to price accordingly!
Old 04-28-2016, 04:13 PM
turboexec
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like a nice car and if it was 1. closer, 2. anything but red interior I'd probably be discussing how you'd like payment.

The C4 market may be soft but finding a good clean one, like yours appears, in the color combos and options I want at market price is not easy.

GLWS
Old 04-30-2016, 01:56 PM
stockpile
Instructor

SOLD

Thanks again to all who offered their advice in this thread.
Old 04-30-2016, 04:09 PM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,553 Likes on 2,160 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by stockpile
SOLD

Thanks again to all who offered their advice in this thread.
Congratulations. I tried to get my buddy interested in this car but he had to have black or maroon Enjoy your new Vette.

Last edited by capevettes; 04-30-2016 at 04:09 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To 1992 LT1 C4 63k miles in CT - $10k

Quick Reply: 1992 LT1 C4 63k miles in CT - $10k