Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

F/S 1985 43,000 miles plus extras

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 10:50 AM
dvmrtn
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default F/S Black 1985 43,300 miles in Chicago suburb

Sold.

5/1/17 Updates: This car is in the Chicago suburbs. Current mileage is now 43,300. I am reopening this thread since the problem I was having has been resolved. It turned out to need bleeding of the clutch hydraulic fluid and now drives great again...

I have a 1985 Corvette that I have decided to sell and I thought I'd put it on this forum before I list it anywhere else.

I bought the car 20 years ago. At that time it had around 22,000 miles on it. It now has almost 43,000 miles.

I looked at a couple local dealer's web sites and found 2 1985's for sale. Both have 4-speed manual trans and original wheels. 1 has 65,000 miles on it and the dealer is asking $6995. The other has 61,400 miles and the dealer is asking $6990. I also looked it up on NADAGUIDES.COM and HAGERTY.COM.

Based on the 2 listings and the other sites, I think $8000 is a good price for this car.

It has been garage kept as long as I have owned it and I only drive it in the Spring and Summer months. I live in Illinois about 25 miles from Chicago so I don't drive it in the Winter.

The car has the 4 + 3 manual trans. It is black with a tan interior and gold KBB wheels ($2200 in 1985). I have the original wheels too. I also have 2 tops for it, the original transparent top and a black opaque top that was painted to match the car ($600 in 1996).

The only significant work I have had done on it since I bought it was replacing the brake master cylinder and pressure switch about 4 years ago. I also put a set of Goodyear tires on it in April 1999 at 31,217 miles.

The car currently has the following issues:
1) The dash board and interior lights have started pulsing brighter and dimmer recently when the car is sitting at idle. While I'm going down the road the dash doesn't seem to pulse.
2) For the first time ever, the passenger-side headlight failed to flip open when I took it out the
other day. When I got it home after driving a few miles, I tried the headlights again and they both
worked fine. But, I figure once this happens, it probably means that it will have to be fixed soon.
3) I haven't had the A/C updated to R134. The R12 A/C quit blowing cold a few years ago and I just
haven't used it since then.
4) The power antenna quit working a while ago. It is an after-market replacement I installed myself. I just cut the power to it because the motor kept running. It's currently stuck in the 'up' position.
Sorry, I did not keep the original.

I'll try to attach some pics. Fingers crossed.

Thanks.
Attached Images       

Last edited by dvmrtn; 08-14-2017 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Sold

Quick Reply: F/S 1985 43,000 miles plus extras