Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

96 LT4 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 09:59 PM
fundriving
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 96 LT4 for sale

Good News: Daily driver ... 96 Corvette, LT 4 6spd manual transmission, K&N filter, Random Tech Cats, Corsa Exhaust, repainted black exterior (2 years ago), black interior, black leather seats. Targa top, Southern car (currently Georgia). A/C runs cold... extras: smoked bronze top, 6 spd transmission (long story), GM shop manuals.

Bad News: 207 k miles, oil leak at front lower area of engine too many projects with no time to fix. I figure after 207 k miles it is time for a rebuild. Southern sun is drying out the leather seats (although I have been treating as best I can without getting leather too soft...

I'm thinking $7k......
Attached Images  
Old 09-12-2016, 04:39 PM
Mark_Milner
Safety Car

Received 56 Likes on 34 Posts

Can you post some more pictures, like the interior and the engine especially the leak area?

What is the oil consumption? You say it is time for a rebuild, but is that because it is running bad or you just think because of the miles?
Old 09-14-2016, 10:24 PM
fundriving
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good questions....
Actually the engine does not burn oil. Due to the mileage, I chose to change the timing chain and sprockets out. That process is quite a pia.... To pull the timing cover you have to pull the radiator and shrouds, water pump, Opti, lay the A/C compressor aside and then the harmonic damper ... Which is sooo close to the steering rack that it has to come out to allow the damper to come off. Then the Oil Pan.... Put all new seals in the timing cover and reassembled everything. Also took the time to put new Valve Cover Gaskets on too. Ever since I have had an oil leak... Oil coming from the front of the engine down low but Not at the Oil Pan... Even pulled the water pump back off and changed the WP drive seal a 2nd time because they can be a pia too....
Engine has always started and run fine. just got the damn leak and I just don't have the time to dive into it one more time.... The rebuild comment is coming from my thoughts that if I choose to keep it I probably will pull it and do a complete rebuild, done enough other small blocks over the years....
Here's a poor quality photo of the interior. I put the neoprene seats covers over the black leather in an effort to protect them until I decide what to do with them...
Not a beater , just 207k miles of use with a Non Smoker..

Get notified of new replies

To 96 LT4 for sale

Quick Reply: 96 LT4 for sale