Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

1989 corvette convertible

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 10:22 AM
consultm2
Cruising

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 1989 corvette convertible

Rare 6 speed manual transmission in hot charcoal metallic color/black leather interior. Excellent condition. Always garage kept. No accidents , one owner and never driven in winter. Only 26,265 miles! Car located in Lake Zurich, IL. $14,995.

Add'l photos added....with top up and engine. See below the discussion
Dashboard photos below...
Attached Images        

Last edited by consultm2; 10-03-2016 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Added photos
Old 09-26-2016, 10:52 AM
George45
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by consultm2
Rare 6 speed manual transmission in hot charcoal metallic color/black leather interior. Excellent condition. Always garage kept. No accidents , one owner and never driven in winter. Only 26,265 miles! Car located in Lake Zurich, IL. $14,995.
Very nice looking car. Hmmmm.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:18 PM
consultm2
Cruising

Default Thank you!

Originally Posted by George45
Very nice looking car. Hmmmm.
Want to buy it?
Old 09-28-2016, 06:53 AM
Bo and Doc
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The right car, but the wrong time...
Old 09-28-2016, 08:07 AM
consultm2
Cruising

Default : (

Originally Posted by Bo and Doc
The right car, but the wrong time...
Too bad, but thank you for your reply. Please share info about the car with your friends. Sadly, we need to see it drive down the highway of life without us. Open to offers.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:52 AM
George45
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Want to buy it?
Do you have a couple shots with top up and under hood?
Old 09-28-2016, 09:58 AM
consultm2
Cruising

Default Not yet....

Originally Posted by George45
Do you have a couple shots with top up and under hood?
LOL...I'm a woman. I never thought about the "under the hood" shots. I just put the key in and drive!

I will get those photos and post them soon. Thanks for asking about them.
The following users liked this post:
George45 (09-28-2016)
Old 10-02-2016, 06:09 PM
consultm2
Cruising

Old 10-02-2016, 06:12 PM
consultm2
Cruising

Needs cleaning under the hood. I only dust in the house. ; )
Old 10-02-2016, 06:24 PM
SlingShotYellow
Pro

Received 96 Likes on 85 Posts

Needs cleaning under the hood. I only dust in the house. ; )
I heard that! LOL.. your the only owner? if so you might want to post the maintenance records and what all has been kept up with or changed out over the years... helps a lot and what most people want to hear. A new owner or someone like me would want to know if the clutch has been changed, timing chain and gears.. you know preventive maintenance items..
Have to consider how much its going to cost to repair or change out items once someone buys it.

I've never seen that color on an C4 model in the 80's era

Good luck!
Old 10-02-2016, 09:38 PM
consultm2
Cruising

Default One owner! Very Rare - 6 Speed/Color/Convertible

Originally Posted by SlingShotYellow
I heard that! LOL.. your the only owner? if so you might want to post the maintenance records and what all has been kept up with or changed out over the years... helps a lot and what most people want to hear. A new owner or someone like me would want to know if the clutch has been changed, timing chain and gears.. you know preventive maintenance items..
Have to consider how much its going to cost to repair or change out items once someone buys it.

I've never seen that color on an C4 model in the 80's era

Good luck!
Thanks for your good wishes. To the best of my knowledge, my husband maintained it well. New tires within the last two years, new battery a week ago. Oil has been changed whether it needed it or not. No other repairs or replacements required. The car has barely been driven in the 27 years we're owned it.

I read somewhere that there were only about 300 convertibles manufactured in this color and far fewer 6 speed manuals, so the car is rare.

It needs someone who will drive it, show it off and be a proud owner like we have been.
Old 10-02-2016, 09:50 PM
SlingShotYellow
Pro

Thanks for the answers... that really helps out potential buyers.. i might be there if i could spend that much for a C4.. i am looking at adding another Vette and i see the used C5 Fixed roof coupes with 40,000 miles up to 60,000 miles for around 2 to 3 grand more.. so its tough on picking but i've owned a new C4 model and the crystal digital dash is really special looking in my book!!! i currently own and keeping my C5 Z06. thinking of adding another Corvette.

When you get a chance can you snap a couple pics of the dash with the engine running and the lights on so we can see the crystal dash lite up and show the gauges working?. I know its a six speed but running in neutral with the emergency brake on will work to show that pic and gauges working.

thank you again!
Old 10-02-2016, 09:56 PM
consultm2
Cruising

My pleasure! I will get that pic for you tomorrow and will post in the afternoon. Thank you for asking!
The following users liked this post:
SlingShotYellow (10-02-2016)
Old 10-03-2016, 05:07 PM
consultm2
Cruising

Default Added a couple of pics as requested!

Originally Posted by SlingShotYellow
Thanks for the answers... that really helps out potential buyers.. i might be there if i could spend that much for a C4.. i am looking at adding another Vette and i see the used C5 Fixed roof coupes with 40,000 miles up to 60,000 miles for around 2 to 3 grand more.. so its tough on picking but i've owned a new C4 model and the crystal digital dash is really special looking in my book!!! i currently own and keeping my C5 Z06. thinking of adding another Corvette.

When you get a chance can you snap a couple pics of the dash with the engine running and the lights on so we can see the crystal dash lite up and show the gauges working?. I know its a six speed but running in neutral with the emergency brake on will work to show that pic and gauges working.

thank you again!

I hope the photos help. I can try to take more.
Old 10-03-2016, 07:44 PM
SlingShotYellow
Pro

I hope the photos help. I can try to take more.
Good pictures of the dash.. that's what we want to see on this year car and it helps a lot to tell about the dash and reading of the gauges .. car was just started cold and starting to warm up i see.

Can you or someone else tell me why the convertible top doesn't looked snapped down to the body or why its not snug on the body in the back?
I've only owned one convertible in my time and it wasn't a corvette.

thank you again!
Old 10-03-2016, 09:00 PM
consultm2
Cruising

Default About the latest pics...

[QUOTE=SlingShotYellow;1593181233]Good pictures of the dash.. that's what we want to

Yes! The car was just started! Glad the pics are good and gave you the info you wanted to see.

About the top....it's a matter of strength to get the snug fit. I don't have the necessary muscle.

OK, Corvette lovers...who's going to make a great offer and drive this baby down a winding road on a bright sunny day past glorious Fall foliage?!?!
Old 12-25-2016, 11:11 PM
Bobyjo
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Consul R,
After jumping through all those hoops for those hairy legged guys, do you still have the car?
bobyjo1@juno.com

Get notified of new replies

To 1989 corvette convertible

Old 12-26-2016, 05:25 PM
consultm2
Cruising

Originally Posted by Bobyjo
Hi Consul R,
After jumping through all those hoops for those hairy legged guys, do you still have the car?
bobyjo1@juno.com
Ha! One request after another....I did jump through hoops! I couldn't sell that baby to anyone on this site. All fools! A magnificent car with barely any miles on it.

I did sell it though, locally. I'm sure I lost money on the car, but I needed it sold.

Wait, there's a moral to my story....never trust men who ask everything of you and then disappoint.

Happy New Year one and all, even the "hoop holders."
Old 12-27-2016, 04:21 AM
Lloyd Smale
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts

One of the sharpest c4 colors ever. Pictures don't do justice to how they look in person.
Old 12-30-2016, 09:22 PM
corvette95
Melting Slicks

Received 97 Likes on 83 Posts

Very nice car, one of my favorite years ....last year of the old dash and first year of the 6speed. You are close to the money but the right person has to see it. I would take the wheels off, get it on a lift and detail the engine , suspension etc.... just don't use a acid base product and you will have a NCRS / Bloomington Gold car for the right buyer. Just don't wash the under carriage stickers or printing on the shocks etc off. Just trying to help!

Quick Reply: 1989 corvette convertible