Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

WTB : Highly modifed C4 thats street legal

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 11:42 AM
cadmaniac
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Thanks for the compliments. The air cleaner is just temporary, it was all I could find for now. I'm playing with offset air cleaners that wont hit the distributor. The FiTech doesnt allow much of a drop base, and I'm still working on some of the details. I also have a new mass backed carpet kit that will go in, I'm not happy with the way the carpet looks. I bought the non mass back carpet kit originally, to save weight, but it installs too loose and looks kind of hack.

$$wise, I try not to let money dictate what I do on my cars. They are driving works of art to me. When you sell, they are worth what they are worth. I really don't care if I sell it, I would just as soon keep it. I have over $10,000 in the engine, not a bolt on build by any means. I tried to keep things simple though, or I would have gone LSX, or with a Big BLock. Still might, except it makes more sense to get a C5 if your going the Lsx route, plus I already have one.

The car drives pretty well, kinda lurches in parking lots, but drives great on the road. Very fast, and generally comfortable. I'm in the process of deleting the FiTech in the info cluster,as it was draining the battery over time, drawing 60mv. Apparently it is not supposed to be installed permanantly. Still needs a few details sorted out with the FITech (fan control, and a/c idle control).

I originally had 2-12"s in the sub box, but I'm playing around with 2-10s to see if I like the sound better. That looks kind of hack too, but It's a work in progress. I can build another custom box or a new top for it in a few hours if I want.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I sincerely hope the OP finds what he is looking for.

Last edited by cadmaniac; 03-03-2017 at 12:16 PM.
Old 03-04-2017, 05:50 PM
Cool Runnings
Melting Slicks

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

100 miles to the tank?
Old 03-04-2017, 05:52 PM
Cool Runnings
Melting Slicks

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

cadmaniac, you must have a ton of fun playing with those high end sausage runners.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:28 AM
cadmaniac
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Cool Runnings
cadmaniac, you must have a ton of fun playing with those high end sausage runners.
Surprisingly, the engine revs like crazy. All very lightweight components. I was really concerned about it being "lazy" when I put in the smaller cam profile. The original build has a Biggs 950 carb on it, with a 106 lsa 260/260 +/- cam with .600 lift. It was scary fast, but was like driving a dragster on the street. The carb had fuel boil problems when shut off and all efforts failed. Tried the EZ-EFI, with a 109 lsa 245/245 .550 lift cam and the ez-efi wouldn't work (pig rich with no resolution). Ran the carb (frustrated) until I heard about the Fi Tech system. I wanted a simple EFI that didn't require a dyno/tuning session to make run right. I finally got it right with the cam I have in it now, and it sounds nasty, and is still quite fast. I can always get a 125 shot of nitrous if I need 650 plus HP.

Been thinking about it what the OP wants, and I wouldn't want to speak for him, but he probably wants a solid axle/caged car. There is not much more you could do with my car, other than that. And I did put it together myself so it could be considered a "bolt on car" in respect that it could be made "original" again. Not "practical", but possible. Most of those type of cars are failed attempts, and end up sold as project cars. Fuel tank positioning/placement is of course a problem.

I'm also working on a Pro-Comp ultra lite guage cluster, it's my latest project, but I am particular that I want it to "plug in" like the original cluster. I won't ruin my car by cutting up the electrical harnesses.

Last edited by cadmaniac; 03-05-2017 at 08:30 AM.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:55 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

your car will sell cad its very aggressively priced to the point of someone buying is solely as its such a fantastic value

Hear the new Holley Sniper system is real real good.
Old 03-12-2017, 05:20 PM
yedister
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Here is another
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ci-tt-9-a.html
Old 03-13-2017, 07:50 AM
cadmaniac
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by yedister
Wow!!! Thats a cool car!

And a killer at the track! Do we have a winner???

Quick Reply: WTB : Highly modifed C4 thats street legal