Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

1990 Red/Red ZR1 For Sale 18,800 Miles.$24.5 OBO

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2003, 06:04 PM
JVLII
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 Red/Red ZR1 For Sale 18,800 Miles.$24.5 OBO

Well, unfortunately I think it's time to sell the Z. I've only had it since August, but a wonderful business opportunity has come along and I'd love to have the capital. Specs are as follows, and I'm taking pictures so I'll be able to email those very soon.
It is a 1990 Red/Red ZR1 w/ approx 18,800 miles. I am technically the third owner of the car. The first two were an older adult who at one point gifted it to his adult son who did not want nor drive the car. He subsequently sold it to me. It is really a fabulous car, there is not one thing wrong w/ it. The only change from stock was a JVC Head Unit that was installed. I certainly have the original, and will either be put back to stock, or kept in, up to the buyer. It has been in heated storage since October. The paint is in 9/10 condition and the car has both tops. Have the original laminated build sheet, original window sticker, and owners portfolio. Interestingly enough, I have all of the original bill of sale documents and bank withdrawls for the orignal purchase price!

Back in September I made the trip to Chicago to Marc Haibeck at Haibeck Automotove Technology and he perfomed the routine maintenance that should be done to the car. He gave the car an outstanding bill of health. This is a list of what he di.

Oil change and lubricate the front suspension. Preference for a particular oil and filter can be fulfilled.

· Power flush the brake fluid. DOT 3 fluid is recommended for street driving. For racing, match the type of fluid that is in use. For fresh racing preparations, Motul 600 DOT 4 fluid is recommended. This should be performed annually.

· Flush the engine cooling system. Remove the thermostat and 100% drain and refill with OE type coolant. Remove the overflow bottle and clean the inside. Texaco coolant is recommended. This should be performed at 2 year intervals.

· Flush the clutch hydraulic system. The GM specialty fluid is utilized. This should be performed every 2 years.

· Replace the transmission lubricant. The GM specialty fluid is recommended for street driving. If another specialized fluid is in use, it is matched. For racing, Castrol RS 10W-60 is recommended. This should be performed at 20K miles intervals for street driving, annually for racing.

· Replace the rear axle lubricant. Use Mobil 1 synthetic 75W-90 for street driving. Use Red Line 75W-90 for racing. Add the GM friction modifier additive. Perform annually for racing.

· Flush the power steering fluid. Use the GM specialty fluid. For racing, Red Line fluid is recommended. This should be performed at 5 year intervals, every 2 years for racing.

· Tighten the oil pan bolts. This will extend the life of the gasket. Loose bolts contribute to the deterioration of the gasket. About half of the bolts are easy to access. They should be tightened at oil change intervals or once a year. All of the bolts should be tightened every two years.

I am asking $24,500 for the car and am somewhat negotiable on the price. I will have pictures soon. Email jvlii@charter.net, or 262-707-3501

Thanks

John

Old 02-18-2003, 08:50 PM
Mervz
Race Director

Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Default Re: 1990 Red/Red ZR1 For Sale 18,800 Miles.$24.5 OBO (JVLII)

wow, that should go pretty fast. Heck, i would think about it if i could swing another car loan. :crazy:
Old 02-18-2003, 10:22 PM
GS 163
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Re: 1990 Red/Red ZR1 For Sale 18,800 Miles.$24.5 OBO (Mervz)

:withstupid:
Old 02-19-2003, 01:21 PM
bhamvett
Safety Car

Default Re: 1990 Red/Red ZR1 For Sale 18,800 Miles.$24.5 OBO (JPLT1)

I'd be VERY interested in the car if the price were right.
Please email me some pics to:
bhamvett@yahoo.com
bhamvett

Get notified of new replies

To 1990 Red/Red ZR1 For Sale 18,800 Miles.$24.5 OBO

Quick Reply: 1990 Red/Red ZR1 For Sale 18,800 Miles.$24.5 OBO