Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

Trade 454 C3 +$$ for your C5 convertible

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 09:27 PM
steersdad
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Trade 454 C3 +$$ for your C5 convertible

Hello all,
Check this link for photos:

http://s708.photobucket.com/albums/w...sdad/?newest=1

I've been rebuilding my unique 68 T-Top coupe for the past year, and she is now just about ready for the road. The car was originally a big block, but the toriginal tank and sticker are long gone. Just the unique big block bits to indicate its heritage; big block rear yokes, sway bar, etc.

Somewhere along the journey of 41 years, she got a facelift, and she now has the 70-71 features such as lower wheelwell flares and "eggcrate vents". Also has a Long style L88 hood. She has a genuine 71 454/365 vette motor, +030, recently rebuilt with very low miles on it. I'll estimate less than 1-2,000. Speedo shows 28k, but I can not represent its accuracy. Car still has the original M22 and rear, I beleive. Never checked the rear #'s but did verify the trans.

Before I get too far, it is absolutely NOT a numbers matching car, Blomington Gold car, original car, etc. So, all you guys who wear little white gloves, just click the BACK button right now. Not for you.

For all the rest of you, I'll continue.

This past winter I rebuilt the front and rear suspension and steering. Duntov Motors suspension and poly bushings. Brakes all redone. Just added a set of vintage Hooker sidemounts.

By the way, if you ever want to make any male human over the age of 8, and below the age of 80 smile wider than if they were given the opportunity to apply suntan oil on Angelina Jolie, just start this puppy with the muffler inserts removed. Guaranteed ear to ear grin.

I took it for a short drive last night (mufflers in), and I need to align it and bed the brakes. A few other things I'm sure. All the gauges except the clock work, and the cheap aftermarket radio was removed by me.

The T-Tops and rear window are stored, as I have no intention driving it in the rain or cold. The spare tire tub is off the car also.

If you have any questions or interest, PM or email me and I'll respond.

I would like to trade for a 98-04 convertible. The best deal for me would be an even swap, but I'll add cash as appropriate. I prefer one which has little or no mods, and prefer an automatic. I also prefer any color but RED, as 2 of my last 3 vettes were red.

Please excuse the photos, as I took them in the barn. Been raining every day up here, except yesterday. If you notice the door panels are off, I plan on reinstalling them this week, along with the rocker covers.

I'm in northwest Connecticut, about 100 miles north of New York City. Long distance deals are likely not practical to consider, since I'm sure you will want to see my car, and I for sure want to see yours.

Please feel free to contact me with your interest.

Last edited by steersdad; 07-01-2009 at 09:29 PM. Reason: added link for photos
Old 07-01-2009, 11:01 PM
H82GOSLW
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by steersdad

By the way, if you ever want to make any male human over the age of 8, and below the age of 80 smile wider than if they were given the opportunity to apply suntan oil on Angelina Jolie, just start this puppy with the muffler inserts removed. Guaranteed ear to ear grin.

I'll have you know that my 4 year old and 7 year old boys, as well as my 10 year old daughter, love a great sounding big block as I've trained them quite well.
Good luck on the sale....car is a beauty.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:39 PM
steersdad
Pro

Originally Posted by H82GOSLW
I'll have you know that my 4 year old and 7 year old boys, as well as my 10 year old daughter, love a great sounding big block as I've trained them quite well.
Good luck on the sale....car is a beauty.
Proper education in the formative years is important.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:28 PM
steersdad
Pro

Default bump

bump
Old 07-06-2009, 01:24 PM
steersdad
Pro

Default Follow up

This a follow up: Now have to sell the Vette. One of my kids has asked for help buying a house, so the Vette goes. $12,500.00, or if you have a condo in CT? Let me know!

Doug

Son made video on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhgVnH3Ki6Q

Last edited by steersdad; 07-20-2009 at 09:21 AM. Reason: added video
Old 08-07-2009, 08:45 PM
steersdad
Pro

Default sold

sold

Get notified of new replies

To Trade 454 C3 +$$ for your C5 convertible