Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

WTT: 2004 SL55 AMG for a modded C5 Z06 plus cash

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 11:14 PM
KamilZ06
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WTT: 2004 SL55 AMG for a modded C5 Z06 plus cash

Hey Guys/Gals,

My name is Kamil, I use to own a 2003 Z06 for a long time until May 10th 2009 when my sister totaled my car. After the insurance paid out on the car, I decided to sell all my go fast goodies and other parts, telling myself I was out of the vette seen. That same week I went and made an impulsive buy on a 2004 Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG Convertable Hardtop. Buying this car, was an intention of mine to forget about my Z06 but that never happened and only got worse day by day. I want to own another Vette this is why I want to either trade the car for a C6 Z06 or sell it. I have owned the car since May of 2009, there are no stories behind it, the only story for selling the car is what I wrote. This car is not for me, it does not have the same sport feel like the Corvette does, it's a beautiful car, and everything about it seems amazing, but I'm not ready for all the luxuries. The car has 48K miles on the clock and runs strong.

The car has been on a dynojet and delivered 400RWHP and 476LBTQ

Info on the SL55 AMG:

This vehicle is equipped with every single option that was available on these cars back in 2004, plus it comes with extras that I have added on to the car since I owned it. Some of the features this car has that not all SL55s came with are: Panoramic Roof (glass top), Keyless Go (start button on the shifter), pulse seats (back massage seats with way more settings for lower to upper back), park assistance (parking sensors), Cruise control breaking sensor (sensor for self breaking in case someone cuts you off while in cruise control, this sensor also works when driving the vehicle without the cruise control on, 2-step raise (raising the vehicle 2 levels higher to clear street bumps or anything like that) ABC sport suspension that can be turned on or off, Towing lock (so that the car cannot be towed), paddle shifters (located on the back of the stearing wheel)
Best of all a 2.5 year from today, and 32K mile warranty, $200 deductible in every Mercedes Benz Dealer in the country and no deductable if the car is serviced at dealer of purchase. Clean Carfax, no prior accidents or body work. When I purchased the car, it had a scrach on the driver side fender which was really deep, I negotiated the deal with the dealership repainting that fender. It is a proffesional job and you can't tell that there was paintwork at all.

Extras: The car is equipped with 2 piece SL65 19 inch Wheels which are standard on the SL65s however not on the SL55. The car also has a Carbon Fiber rear SL65 spoiler and a Front Carbon Fiber Lip. The car is also lowere using Air Ride Adjustable Lowering Links so that you can pick it up as much as you want and lower it whenever you want also. Clear corners along with the original amber corners that I still have, 8K HID bulbs for the headlights, 8K HID kit installed for the fog lights as well.

The price varies on the car if it is a Trade, obviously I'm not a dealer and do take into consideration what you have done to the car, I myself had a little bit over 100K invested in my past Z06, so I understand that it makes no sense to sell a car with a bunch of work for what stock ones are selling for.

As far as price Trade value would be at Mid to Low 40s.

Pictures:

Last edited by KamilZ06; 10-19-2009 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Trades only in this section.........
Old 10-15-2009, 11:34 PM
TheSnakeJake
Instructor

are all of those donut skid marks in the pictures from you????
Old 10-15-2009, 11:42 PM
KamilZ06
Instructor

Originally Posted by TheSnakeJake
are all of those donut skid marks in the pictures from you????
No everyone asks me that on those pictures. The spot where the pictures were taken is a well know stunt spot for motorcycles a lot of people show and probably the night before someone started to get fancy
Old 10-16-2009, 12:25 AM
OhioC5
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Beautiful car!
Old 10-16-2009, 12:50 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Hey Kamil, whazz happening bro?
Best of luck and nice Mercedez!

When your ready to buy your next vette I might consider selling my blown Z, with its forged 346 LS6 engine, and before you buy another vette reach out to me b/c stranger things have happened and you know I am local to you and we have used the same local speed shop on many occassions and you know they (Powerhouse Performance) know my car like the back of their hand!

I would not be interested in your Mercedez but have my eye on a couple nice classic muscle cars and have been getting into that hobby more and more over the last several years!

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 10-16-2009 at 01:36 AM.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:35 AM
9secondflat
Melting Slicks

i would trade you even up...check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy026IRUnog
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAB1H4F5pvs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyIemYwBZfc
Old 10-16-2009, 01:18 PM
bmg
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweet SL, good luck with the sale!
Old 10-16-2009, 02:52 PM
enigma94
Racer

You might want to throw a price out there for the car if you were to sell it outright so people can judge on what a fair trade would be. Or list out what you are looking for in a C5 and how much cash you wanted(if at all) on top for a trade. Also some interior and motor shots would help.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:07 PM
KamilZ06
Instructor

Originally Posted by OhioC5
Beautiful car!
Thank You

Originally Posted by BLOWN ECS Z06
Hey Kamil, whazz happening bro?
Best of luck and nice Mercedez!

When your ready to buy your next vette I might consider selling my blown Z, with its forged 346 LS6 engine, and before you buy another vette reach out to me b/c stranger things have happened and you know I am local to you and we have used the same local speed shop on many occassions and you know they (Powerhouse Performance) know my car like the back of their hand!

I would not be interested in your Mercedez but have my eye on a couple nice classic muscle cars and have been getting into that hobby more and more over the last several years!
Don't you already have a classic Jimmy? hehehehe You don't realize how much you are gonna miss your Vette, but if I sell my car outright to someone I will give you a shout.

It's good to be back on the Forum

I'm looking more for a Z06 with boost.

Originally Posted by bmg
Sweet SL, good luck with the sale!
Thank You

Originally Posted by enigma94
You might want to throw a price out there for the car if you were to sell it outright so people can judge on what a fair trade would be. Or list out what you are looking for in a C5 and how much cash you wanted(if at all) on top for a trade. Also some interior and motor shots would help.
Thanks for the Tips, weather has been really crappy out here in Chicago, so I had no time to take any good pictures but I will make sure I do. I will edit the thread with a bit more info.

Thanks
Old 10-16-2009, 05:26 PM
sami85L98
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did not took u long to come back on vette scene, dontcha know our vettes are addictive.

anyway bump for an awesome forum member.

Edit: u can claim ur old username just pm mod, if u forgot ur handle name or password.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:42 PM
9secondflat
Melting Slicks

if your looking for boost, i would suggest calling ECS and asking them if they know of any customers who might be looking for a trade...no one makes more power then ECS when it comes to a street car that can run in the single digits then ECS...

Originally Posted by sami85L98
Did not took u long to come back on vette scene, dontcha know our vettes are addictive.

Edit: u can claim ur old username just pm mod, if u forgot ur handle name or password.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:09 PM
dobewillie
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sweet SL good luck
Old 10-16-2009, 08:19 PM
KamilZ06
Instructor

Originally Posted by sami85L98

Thank You Sami, I guess we are all very alike when it comes to these cars.

It's good to be back

Originally Posted by 9secondflat
if your looking for boost, i would suggest calling ECS and asking them if they know of any customers who might be looking for a trade...no one makes more power then ECS when it comes to a street car that can run in the single digits then ECS...
This is a perfect example of a great forum with good folks. Everyone joins in and helps each other, I appriciate the info and thank you.

Originally Posted by dobewillie
sweet SL good luck
Thank You... Buy It!! Please!!
Old 10-17-2009, 04:46 AM
msko7
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM sent!!
Old 10-17-2009, 01:28 PM
Mein Blower
Racer

Interested in any C6 trades?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...p-532rwtq.html
Old 10-18-2009, 03:01 AM
KamilZ06
Instructor

PM sent
Old 10-18-2009, 12:41 PM
Mein Blower
Racer

Originally Posted by KamilZ06
PM sent
Replied to PM

Get notified of new replies

To WTT: 2004 SL55 AMG for a modded C5 Z06 plus cash

Old 10-19-2009, 03:33 PM
KamilZ06
Instructor

Took some new pics for you guys today, sorry for the my dog in one of them but he just got back from the hospital and I had to keep an eye on him.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:42 PM
5W0P3
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KamilZ06
Took some new pics for you guys today, sorry for the my dog in one of them but he just got back from the hospital and I had to keep an eye on him.
Good lookin Boxer! I'm taking care of one for a friend right now, yours is MUCH larger than hers though. Looks like he's guarding the car! lol

Awesome looking car - subscribing and bumping!
Old 10-19-2009, 04:02 PM
KamilZ06
Instructor

Originally Posted by 5W0P3
Good lookin Boxer! I'm taking care of one for a friend right now, yours is MUCH larger than hers though. Looks like he's guarding the car! lol

Awesome looking car - subscribing and bumping!
Thank You. He is only a year and 2 months, he is a big boy for his age.

Thanks

KAMIL

Quick Reply: WTT: 2004 SL55 AMG for a modded C5 Z06 plus cash