1997 C5 corvette for sale $7000 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back   >
Log In 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor Directory

C5 Corvettes for Sale
Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

1997 C5 corvette for sale $7000

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-01-2009, 03:11 PM   #1
AviatorVette
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Dec 2008
Posts: 74
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 1997 C5 corvette for sale $7000

clean title, 97 C5 Corvette for sale. Black, AUTO transmission. 134,500 miles. New bf goodrich z rated tires ( rear ), 8000 k hid headlights, new auto lite battery, stock bose system - aftermarket headunit. I have to sell it because I leave the country next week.

Mechanically in great condition. Runs great.
Location : Camarillo, CA.

e-mail me @ Corvetteaviator@Gmail.com





Last edited by AviatorVette; 12-01-2009 at 03:15 PM.
AviatorVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:26 PM   #2
Wicked C5
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
St. Jude Donor '04
 
Wicked C5's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2001
Location: Murrieta CA
Posts: 9,962
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

sent email!
Wicked C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:32 PM   #3
vettvipper
CF Senior Member
 
vettvipper's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2006
Location: Wakefield Ma
Posts: 556
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

PM sent have $$$$$$$$$$



Quote:
Originally Posted by AviatorVette View Post
clean title, 97 C5 Corvette for sale. Black, AUTO transmission. 134,500 miles. New bf goodrich z rated tires ( rear ), 8000 k hid headlights, new auto lite battery, stock bose system - aftermarket headunit. I have to sell it because I leave the country next week.

Mechanically in great condition. Runs great.
Location : Camarillo, CA.

e-mail me @ Corvetteaviator@Gmail.com




vettvipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:36 PM   #4
gsx750r93
CF Senior Member
 
gsx750r93's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2008
Location: Seatac wa
Posts: 192
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Talk about best bang for your buck
gsx750r93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:08 AM   #5
fisheson
CF Senior Member
 
fisheson's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2006
Location: MILFORD N.H.
Posts: 1,160
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

YEAH!!! CHEAP WINTER CAR!!
fisheson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:26 AM   #6
mdr373
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2009
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Great deal

Email sent. PM me if its still available.
mdr373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:08 PM   #7
webbss
CF Senior Member
 
webbss's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2009
Location: las vegas nevada
Posts: 1,150
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

is the car still available?????my friend is lookin for vette under $10k.hes in orange county.
webbss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:11 PM   #8
slater98
CF Member
 
Member Since: May 2009
Posts: 53
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'm last in line, but if you get desperate, I'll fly out with $6500 cash and drive it back to New York. Mike slater98@aol.com
slater98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:02 AM   #9
dachevy
CF Senior Member
 
dachevy's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,011
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Now that's a definate christmas gift for someone high miles or not.. ..I have 4 car's now, but for that price put me in line..
dachevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:26 AM   #10
0331MARINE
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
0331MARINE's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2007
Location: You know your drunk when you swerve to miss the tree then you realize its your air freshener! Covington Ga
Posts: 3,894
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked C5 View Post
sent email!
Just what you need man!!! Another one in the driveway
0331MARINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:29 AM   #11
important
CF Senior Member
 
important's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2005
Location: FEMA District 4
Posts: 3,622
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0331MARINE View Post
Just what you need man!!! Another one in the driveway
LOL. How many does he have?
important is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 04:02 PM   #12
waleedalot
CF Member
 
waleedalot's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2009
Location: Torrance (Los Angeles) CA
Posts: 75
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Went to take a look at the car last night.. Wasted my time.. there's a reason its priced that low. Thats because it's worth that much if not less.. Differential made lots of whining noise. He claimed it was doing that since he purchased it.. And thought that it was "normal" and that all cars did that after having higher mileage.. It took me an hour and a half to get to him and an hour and a half back.. The car was so hacked i couldn't even low ball him. BTW his Check engine light is on.

Last edited by waleedalot; 12-03-2009 at 04:05 PM.
waleedalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 05:04 PM   #13
slater98
CF Member
 
Member Since: May 2009
Posts: 53
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

hmmmm, guess that takes me out of the equation if I can't get in and drive it home. I'm glad I didn't fly across the country. It is probably still a decent deal for someone local, but not for me.
slater98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 05:27 PM   #14
gsx750r93
CF Senior Member
 
gsx750r93's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2008
Location: Seatac wa
Posts: 192
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waleedalot View Post
Went to take a look at the car last night.. Wasted my time.. there's a reason its priced that low. Thats because it's worth that much if not less.. Differential made lots of whining noise. He claimed it was doing that since he purchased it.. And thought that it was "normal" and that all cars did that after having higher mileage.. It took me an hour and a half to get to him and an hour and a half back.. The car was so hacked i couldn't even low ball him. BTW his Check engine light is on.
Lol its a 7k vette what do you expect..I mean come on you cant expect it to be perfect for 7k. Even if that is all that is wrong with it, it still seems like a good deal. Other then maybe when you say hacked up...Maybe can you explain to help others..
gsx750r93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:53 PM   #15
AviatorVette
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Dec 2008
Posts: 74
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waleedalot View Post
Went to take a look at the car last night.. Wasted my time.. there's a reason its priced that low. Thats because it's worth that much if not less.. Differential made lots of whining noise. He claimed it was doing that since he purchased it.. And thought that it was "normal" and that all cars did that after having higher mileage.. It took me an hour and a half to get to him and an hour and a half back.. The car was so hacked i couldn't even low ball him. BTW his Check engine light is on.
Man, seriously.. I was selling the car for 7,500 .. the reason its so low is cause it has some issues.. BTW the noise which you pointed out was from my rear diff, I changed my rear diff fluid to dexron and the noises went away, the check engine light was for a vacuum leak ( which i fixed too ).. I sold the car for 8,500..
AviatorVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:55 AM   #16
slater98
CF Member
 
Member Since: May 2009
Posts: 53
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

wow, a lot happened in a couple hours. Fixed differential and check engine light, and sold car for $1500 more than asking price. Congrats on the sale!
slater98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:31 AM   #17
SteveDoten
CF Senior Member
Cruise-In VII Veteran
 
SteveDoten's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2003
Location: Farmington/DeerPark CT/NY
Posts: 5,091
Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Default

ibtl

car sold, done.
SteveDoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:29 PM   #18
AviatorVette
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Dec 2008
Posts: 74
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slater98 View Post
wow, a lot happened in a couple hours. Fixed differential and check engine light, and sold car for $1500 more than asking price. Congrats on the sale!
i listed it for higher on craigslist. i got what i paid for last year, bought it for 9k
AviatorVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:57 PM   #19
waleedalot
CF Member
 
waleedalot's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2009
Location: Torrance (Los Angeles) CA
Posts: 75
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

He's full of crap... He told me he purchased it for 10k last year..
waleedalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:25 PM   #20
Wicked C5
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
St. Jude Donor '04
 
Wicked C5's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2001
Location: Murrieta CA
Posts: 9,962
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waleedalot View Post
He's full of crap... He told me he purchased it for 10k last year..
It was listed on craigs for $8,000 not $9000.00
Wicked C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • 1997 C5 corvette for sale $7000
  •  
     
    Reply

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    L.I.C.O.A Car Show Tanner Park Copiague NY 9/19/10 PHOTOS 427SIXPACK C3 General 15 11-11-2010 11:09 AM
    NEW look for 2010: Black Z06 "SPYDER" wheels Corvette-Chris C5 General 87 08-02-2010 09:33 PM
    New pics of interior and exterior (Lots O' Pics) Corvette-Chris C5 General 45 03-03-2010 08:02 AM
    2001 C5 Coupe Quicksilver Vette For Sale - Houston Area coldbeer4dasoul C5 Corvettes for Sale 61 09-16-2009 02:33 PM
    F/S 1977 coupe $10,500 tonyro C3s for Sale/Wanted 9 02-04-2008 05:46 PM


    Tags
    1997, 7000, 7500, 97, angeles, c5, cash, corvette, corvettes, craigslist, high, los, miles, sale, york

    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Click for Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off

    Forum Jump


    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:47 AM.