Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

FS: 2003 Medium Spiral Gray Convertible - Multiple Show Winner

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 08:33 AM
WickedQuik
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FS: 2003 Medium Spiral Gray Convertible - Multiple Show Winner

Reposting still for sale.....same mileage as when posted on 1/9/2010.

$38,000 or will consider reasonable offers or trade for C6 Z06 as noted below.

I am looking to step up to a C6 Z06, and don’t necessarily have room for this car, my daily driver, 2 motorcycles, and another Vette. I will consider trades and some cash out of my pocket for a 07’ – 09’, 3LZ, Z06’s. Not looking for one with NAV and would prefer a Lemans Blue, Jet Stream Blue, Atomic Orange or possibly Silver. If I do not sell the car I am still in the market for the Z06 mentioned here and will just install a 4 post lift to accommodate the 2nd Vette.

One Owner
VIN #: 1G1YY32G635127715
Mileage: 27,859

Car rarely sees rain. Once in last 5 years when traveling to / from NCM 15th Anniversary celebration in Sept. 2009.
Maintenance completed per Owner Manual
Adult Driven / Never Driven Hard or Raced
Non smoking owner, never smoked in.
Never Eaten In.
Always Stored In Climate Control Garage and Covered
Multiple Show Winner – including Best In Class / Best in Show / Best Engine

This car has been meticulously cared for with no expense spared on accessories. I have been asked on three occasions to participate in the Indy 500 Festival parade to carry celebrities, the last time having carried Debra Norville from Inside Edition. The August 2006 issue of Vette Vues dedicated a full page of various photos to the car while covering the 2006 Indy 500 Festival parade. Additionally the car has appeared in the May / June 2006 issue of the NCM publication American Sports Car. The car is a C5 class, Best of Show and Best Engine winner on many occasions.

Medium Spiral Gray Metallic (88U color code) was introduced in 2003 and only available in 03’ & 04’. Total Corvette production in 03’ was 35,469 of which 9%, 3,299 were MSG and only 1,213 convertibles. Car has always been cared for with Zaino products from birth, and been used for car shows, parades, cruises, etc…it’s entire life. Factory paint is so deep and rich in color I am often asked “Who painted your car and what color is that?” You won’t find another MSG with factory paint as deep and with a wet look then this one. Put this car next to another MSG at a show and you will see a HUGE difference in depth in color and the appearance of more metallic flake.

Paint and installation of aftermarket body parts was done by Generations Auto Body in Franklin, IN home of many custom street rods and show cars in central Indiana. The paint matches exactly to the factory color, which is difficult, having to maintain the metallic flake consistency of the factory paint. NOTE: The inside of the high rise hood is painted two tone (Spiral Grey with Silver) as well as the underneath side and interior of the entire trunk area, which eliminated the flat black from the factory. The lower chin spoiler, high rise hood, side skirts and rear spoiler are all ACI from Sylvania, Ohio and fit and finish is perfect.

Auto Buff’s crew (thanks Noel) completed the painting of the matching MSG cowl cover, washer fluid and overflow coolant tanks in the engine compartment. They didn’t stop there and completed the interior by flawlessly painting the center console, radio surround, door pulls, and gauge cluster with matching MSG. While they were at it they added the billet gauge cluster bezels. Again, no imitation of painted covers that are two sided taped over factory parts, these are all factory pieces prepped and painted to match. All factory pieces removed for this installation are included in the sale of the car.

All chrome on this car is true TRIPLE PLATED, not imitation or polished stainless steel. Some of the pieces, including the air duct are “one off” from Design Specialties (Bowling Green, KY no longer in business). Design Specialties used Advance Chrome Plating in Nashville, TN as a reference for those of you that understand the triple plate chroming process. With Design’s departure from the market Creative Engine Covers became my vendor of choice and provided the identically matching high level of triple plated chrome accessories. There is in excess of $8.5K in chrome and billet accessories on this show winning car. All items are in “excellent” / “like new” condition.

My desire was always to make this a show car with the engine performance from the factory being adequate for cruising and taking weekend trips. However, once the warranty expired it was time to get the most out of the engine with a few bolt on modifications. Mike and Ron at Vengeance Racing in Cumming, GA installed a 3.42 rear end (in lieu of the factory 2.73), ported throttle body, LG Motorsports Longtube Street headers with high flow catalytic converters, to the Corsa exhaust that was already in place and dyno tuned it to make a respectable 350 RWHP and 360 lbs. torque. Car still gets 23 mpg on the highway at a cruising speed of 75 mph and rides better then when it came from the factory with the Michelin Pilot Sport, non-run flat tires, and all factory suspension components.

I have receipts for most everything I have listed below that total more then $25K. Everyone knows you are not going to get what you invest in a hobby like this back when you sell. That being said I do NOT need to sell the car and will not give it away. For someone looking for a car show ready, low miles, one owner, tastefully done, award winning show car that they can drive home and then to and from shows and to Corvette events, with no worry, this is the car for you. At the bottom is a list of the important original paperwork and documentation that goes with the car since its birth. Also included is a list of factory items that I have that are also included in the sale of the car.

The attached photos speak for the care and attention to detail that have gone into this car in the last 7 years. I have many more photos that are available for reference and will consider all reasonable offers. If someone desires the car without some or all of the aftermarket items I will consider reasonable offers and then separate the aftermarket items for resale alone. I AM NOT INTERESTED IN PARTING THE AFFERMARKET CHROME or OTHER ITEMS OUT to sell, so please refrain from asking. I am located south of Atlanta, car is covered in the garage and I have the title in hand. If interested feel free to PM me or ask your questions here and I will reply ASAP.

Engine Modifications:
Breathless Performance Vortex Rammer Cold Air System - Painted - Spiral Gray
Ported 78mm Throttle Body
170 Degree Thermostat
LG Motorsports Longtube Street Headers w/High Flow Catalytic Converters – Emissions Tested Yearly In Georgia
Corsa Pace Car Exhaust w/Pro-Series Tips
Upgraded 3.42 Rear End from Factory 2.73
Dyno Tuned by Vengeance Racing in Cumming, GA @350 RWHP / 357 ft.lbs. torque.

Exterior Modifications:
Ruff Racing 278 Full Chrome Wheels - 18" x 8-1/2" Fronts & 19" x 9-1/2" Rears
Michelin Pilot Sports with P255/35/18 Fronts & P285/35/19 Rears – installed 4/08 – 1250 miles
C5 Logo Valve Stem Caps w/ Key Fob Wrench & Chrome Locking Lugs
ACI Design – High Rise Hood – Painted Two Tone – Spiral Grey w/ Silver Inserts
ACI Design – Front Chin Spoiler
ACI Design - Rear Deck Spoiler
ACI Design – Side Skirts
Mirror Finish Stainless Steel Front & Rear Lettering Kit
Mirror Finish Stainless Steel License Filler Plate w/C5 Logo
Billet Taillight & Third Brake Light Cover Set w/C5 Logo
Billet Chrome Side Spears w/ Side Cove Screens
Billet Chrome Rear License Plate Frame
Billet Chrome Side Marker Light Covers
Race Mesh Electro Plated Polished Stainless Steel Screen Kit - Brake / Side Cove / Rear
Blackout Kit - Smoke Gray
Endurance Window Tint w/Lifetime Warranty
C5 Chrome Front Bumper Emblem
C5 Chrome Rear Deck Emblem
C5 Chrome Waterfall Emblem

Under Hood Modifications:
Auto Buffs Painted Cowl Cover - Spiral Grey
Auto Buffs Painted Washer Fluid Cover – Spiral Grey
Auto Buffs Painted Coolant Overflow Cover - Spiral Grey
KEWL Auto Fuel Rail Covers w/Spiral Grey Marbleized & Chrome Lettering – additional set of Chrome Lettering Included
ACI Design – High Rise Hood – Painted Two Tone – Spiral Grey w/ Silver Inserts
RPI Designs – C5 Hood Decal - Outline Black
Mirror Finish Stainless Steel Lettering Kit – “CORVETTE” Lettering on Inside of Cowl on Hood
Braided Upper Radiator Hose
Headlight Motor Covers

Interior Modifications:
Billet Gauge Bezel Set
Auto Buffs Painted Center Console – Spiral Grey
Auto Buffs Painted Radio Surround – Spiral Grey
Auto Buffs Painted Gauge Cluster – Spiral Grey
Auto Buffs Painted Door Pulls – Spiral Grey
C5 Corvette Raised Passenger Side Airbag Lettering Kit - Brushed Silver
C5 Corvette Raised Steering Wheel Insert - Brushed Silver
Lloyd's Double Emblem Logo Floor Mats - Black w/Silver Trim
Lloyd's Double Emblem Logo Cargo Mat - Black w/Silver Trim
Embroidered Emblem Center Console - Black w/Silver Trim
Billet Sill Covers - Corvette Logo
Billet Chrome Door Strike Covers
Billet Chrome Door Reflector Covers
Dynamat Sound Suppression
Aluminum Dead Pedal & Gas Pedal Kit
Power Antenna Bypass Harness Kit
Inner Trunk Lid – Painted Factory Matching – Spiral Grey
Acrylic Trunk Lid Liner - Mirror Finished w/50th Anniversary Logo

Triple Plated Chrome Items:

Design Specialties Items – No Longer Available
Battery Cover – Etched w/C5 Emblem
Master Cylinder Cap - Etched
Coolant Cap - Etched
Throttle Body & Belt Tension Cover
Washer Fluid Cap - Etched
Engine Oil Dip Stick
Fuse Relay Cover - Etched
Fuse Relay Center Cap
Power Steering & Throttle Advance Cover - Etched
Alternator Cover
Master Cylinder / Booster Cover
Intake Manifold Cover – Etched w/50th Anniversary Logo
Chrome Accordion Coupler Cover
"One Off" Air Duct – Etched w/50th Anniversary Logo
Roadster Bars

Creative Engine Covers:
Active Handling / Anti Lock Brake Cover
Hood Accents
Inner Fender Well Covers
Upper Radiator Support
Front Bumper Insert
Front Bumper Insert Bolt Kit
Cowl Insert
Cowl Insert Bolt Kit
Hood Struts - Pair
Hood Hinges - Pair
Hood Hinges Bolt Kit
Hood Strikes - Pair
Trunk Strut – Pair
Trunk Hinges - Pair
Trunk Hinges Bolts
Trunk Strike
Inner Fender Screw Kit - 18 piece
Rear Hatch Screw Kit - 16 piece
Door Strikes
AC & Radio *****
“Car Show" Door Support Bars

Other Accessories:
Car Cover w/C5 Emblem
Car Cover Cable and Lock
Aluminum Jacking Pucks - Set of 4
Extra Set of Mirror Acrylic Trunk Inserts – 3 pieces

Car Show Accessories / Original Factory Items:
Original Bill of Sale from Penske Chevrolet in Indianapolis, IN
3 – 2003 Corvette 50th Anniversary Dealer Sales / Marketing Brochures w/Intro CD
2 – Window Stickers - Original & Original Duplicate from NCM – Laminated
1 – Build Sheet - Duplicate from NCM – Laminated (Factory build sheet still in frame rail I assume)
Leather Bound Owners Manual & Documentation
Factory Sealed Owners Operations VHS Tape
Factory Sealed Owners Operations CD
Car Show Display Board w/ Modifications List & Display Easel

Included Original Factory Items:
Hood w/ hood liner and underhood light – Professionally Crated & Ready To Ship
Body Side Moldings
Radio Surround
Center Console
Door Pulls
Door Reflectors
Floor Mats
Air Duct & Air Box
Fuel Rail Covers
Upper Radiator Hose
Thermostat
Nose, Waterfall & Trunk Emblems

Factory Options:
1SB Preferred Equipment Group consisting of: Head Up Instrument Display; Twilight Sentinel; Power Telescoping Steering Wheel; Six-Way Power Sport Bucket Seats, Electronic Dual-Zone Air Conditioning, Memory Package, Electrochromatic Mirrors, Body Side Moldings; 2 Keys & Remotes.
Black Interior
Black Top
Automatic Transmission

Old 02-26-2010, 10:47 PM
WickedQuik
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Almost forgot I still had this for sale. Someone must want it as I have found the Z I am looking for. TTT for some weekend viewing.

Quick Reply: FS: 2003 Medium Spiral Gray Convertible - Multiple Show Winner