Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

FS in Houston: NBM 2001 6-Speed 2001 Corvette Coupe - $11,895 - Moving, MUST SELL!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 11:49 PM
Caribbean Vette Dude
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS in Houston: NBM 2001 6-Speed 2001 Corvette Coupe - $11,895 - Moving, MUST SELL!!!

Price reduced to $10,895

Moving to the Caribbean - MUST SELL!!!

I've been lurking on the forum for a while. It seems like there are some good folks here so I thought I would post my car for sale in case one of you is looking for a car like this.

I recently lost my real estate job in Houston. I decided I needed a change (and an even warmer climate) so I am moving to St. Croix in the Virgin Islands. I just decided to sell my car earlier in the week - it was a tough decision.

This high mileage daily driver has a bunch of miles on it, but it also has some sharp modifications. The best buyer for this car is someone who can work on it at home...this car has a lot of repairs that are needed and hourly auto shop rates will be too much. This is my daily driver and the engine runs strong.

Serious inquiries only
Contact Greg
greg@marooned.biz
cell: 713-724-9070

2001 Corvette Coupe
- 160,000 miles
- Daily driver, this high mileage car gets compliments all the time
- Navy blue metallic
- Oak interior with sports seats
- HUD display
- Vararam cold air intake
- LGM long tube headers
- High flow cats
- Corsa pace car (indy) exhaust
- Motor city mold carbon fiber supercharger hood
- Functional rear brake vents
- Powdercoated navy blue calipers
- Navy blue engine accents
- Black leather arm rests
- Cargo net
- Custom storage bins
- Steel mesh screens on all vents
- Car needs work

Last edited by Caribbean Vette Dude; 03-01-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:29 AM
cwilliams
Instructor

Default Obo?

Is this your final price or is the price negotiable?
Old 02-26-2010, 10:50 AM
Caribbean Vette Dude
Heel & Toe

I really don't have much room to negotiate or I won't be able to make the move down to St. Croix (which is the whole purpose of me selling a car I never intended to sell). If you like the car and want to make a reasonable offer I guess I will have to consider it. Does the price seem high? Are you seeing a lot of C5s for less than $10,895?

Last edited by Caribbean Vette Dude; 03-01-2010 at 07:46 PM.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:33 PM
Papersen
Intermediate

A few interior pics would be nice. Also, "a lot of repairs" means what? Maybe list a few of what you consider the major ones?
Old 02-26-2010, 09:29 PM
Caribbean Vette Dude
Heel & Toe

I drive this car daily. The car is a good driver in its present condition. Please call (713-724-9070) for more specific details, but here is a general list of the larger repairs. There is smaller stuff that just bugs me (like missing radio *****, exhaust tips out of alignment, etc.), but I'll just list the major repairs needed:

- Shifter pops out of reverse most of the time and grinds in first gear some of the time. I think this is "mesh sync" issue or something like that (I'm not a fix-it-yourself guy for major repairs so I know enough here to be dangerous)

- Power steering fluid leaks sometimes. I think it leaks more in warmer temps because it hasn't leaked much recently.

- Driver-side seat skin and foam is shot

- There is a 6" x 8" peice of fiberglass (composite) missing behind the passenger-side rear wheel. The damage is confined to the rear bumper and not the fender panel.

- I have mismatched tires. The rears are the stock Goodyear EMTs and the fronts are non-runflats. All four are Z-rated and have decent tread. I would suggest the new owner get Goodyear GS-D3 runflats all around.

- There is some damage to the anti-sway bar on the rear passenger-side

- The lexan top has some scratches on it

- Oil sender pressure gauge needs to be installed (I have the part already)
Old 03-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Caribbean Vette Dude
Heel & Toe

Here is an interior pic. Except for Ken King black leather arm rests (including leather console cover) and black abs storage bins (between the hump and the "eggs") the interior is stock.

The driver side seat skin and foam needs to be replaced. The drivers side Lloyd's floor mat needs to be replaced (I realize you can only buy these in sets of two).
Old 04-17-2010, 06:46 PM
gloriacarter
Instructor

trade
Old 04-21-2010, 04:57 PM
99C5x
Racer

is this car still available?! If so I'm interested
Old 04-21-2010, 06:18 PM
StrkrBlueC5
Instructor

still for sale?

Get notified of new replies

To FS in Houston: NBM 2001 6-Speed 2001 Corvette Coupe - $11,895 - Moving, MUST SELL!!!

Quick Reply: FS in Houston: NBM 2001 6-Speed 2001 Corvette Coupe - $11,895 - Moving, MUST SELL!!!