Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

Lingenfelter C5 Stage II Twin Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 04:11 PM
GR8-LIFE
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Lingenfelter C5 Stage II Twin Turbo

I guess I will start here on this forum. The time is approaching when I May no longer be able to drive stick. I still have some time but it is becoming a little difficult and this is definitely not the car to be having MT difficulty with due to physical issues

Its a 1999 RED convertible 6 speed with a Lingenfelter forged engine stage II Package (see my sig). 36K miles

The car has always been a 2cnd hand fun car for me and never a DD Did the stage II LPE TT package in 2002 and she has been amazing. Lingenfelter has amazing package Turbo packages.

Truthfully, I may panic if I find a serious buyer because it will be hard to let go and the thought of no longer roaring through manual gears will be tough. Check my sig for all mods but here are the basics aside from the TT:

C5R Headlights
Vette Essential sport seats
RollBar
6 pt Harness
HRE 547R Wheels
Boost Gage Controller

She was configured for 666 rwhp at 12 lbs boost. Could have done more but I wanted to use the Z06 clutch, which is my favorite clutch. More tq would require something like a Mcleod dual dial disc clutch. I'll post more pics soon

Old 12-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Condo_454C3
Racer

Sorry to hear about your situation.

How much are you asking?
Old 12-07-2011, 04:56 PM
GR8-LIFE
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Condo_454C3
Sorry to hear about your situation.

How much are you asking?

I have no idea I am still trying to accept my situation. I guess I need to sit down and figure all that out. Until then, its a best offer. I know that sounds lie a cop out but I really wouldnt no where to start. So what I have done is I am making contact with the people at Lingenfelter and a few Lingenfelter friends I have made through the years and see what they say. There is also an option of an auto conversion but I dont know if I want to risk that. These days you could land a superior dual-disc tranny with paddleshifting in a full manual mode. My AUDI S4 has that and its wonderfull. Not quite the same as roaring through gears but its a very impressive tranny. I have also fell in love with AWD and there are a few high end AWD sports cars. I am going to have to try and figure all this out
Old 12-08-2011, 12:18 AM
Birdman
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I know exactly what you need...

..FEWER GEARS!

And I've got JUST the solution! A 4 speed Muncie, '68 Corvette Convertible! Easy to shift, and you can still ROAR through the gears!

haha, GLWS! Nice car!
Old 12-08-2011, 10:17 AM
crossram
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MARK's_C5TT
I have no idea I am still trying to accept my situation. I guess I need to sit down and figure all that out. Until then, its a best offer. I know that sounds lie a cop out but I really wouldnt no where to start. So what I have done is I am making contact with the people at Lingenfelter and a few Lingenfelter friends I have made through the years and see what they say. There is also an option of an auto conversion but I dont know if I want to risk that. These days you could land a superior dual-disc tranny with paddleshifting in a full manual mode. My AUDI S4 has that and its wonderfull. Not quite the same as roaring through gears but its a very impressive tranny. I have also fell in love with AWD and there are a few high end AWD sports cars. I am going to have to try and figure all this out
Sorry, you have to post a price per the rules.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:28 PM
GR8-LIFE
Team Owner

Originally Posted by crossram
Sorry, you have to post a price per the rules.
sorry.

$40K OBO
Old 12-08-2011, 05:00 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

Why not put an auto in it so you can drive/keep it? Just thinking out loud here....

Good luck with your sale though....No doubt its a reliable combo...
Old 12-09-2011, 11:07 AM
GR8-LIFE
Team Owner

Originally Posted by ajrothm
Why not put an auto in it so you can drive/keep it? Just thinking out loud here....

Good luck with your sale though....No doubt its a reliable combo...
it has occured to me. But I just dont know if I want to do that.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:16 AM
STL94LT1
Race Director

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

Sounds/looks like a great car!!
Old 12-11-2011, 01:47 PM
stryderss
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

i would second you putting in an auto trans
Old 12-13-2011, 10:58 PM
z06 vett
Burning Brakes

i ran into the same thing ,

never thought about making so much power when i bought the car.i took my turbos off today, heads, clutch tomorrow. trans and tube out all ready.Going to strip it out and sell off the parts.Car still has a kbb $23900

you went up the next level from me.i did my whole car locally and ended up with a shop and two dyno's.Now i am gonna start a c5 coupe(salvage title) with auto and one fat turbo,1500 to the tire with a straight axle.Probably could have done it with the loss i'm taking on this one
mike

i got the Stewart lights too,now

Last edited by z06 vett; 12-13-2011 at 11:03 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Lingenfelter C5 Stage II Twin Turbo

Quick Reply: Lingenfelter C5 Stage II Twin Turbo