Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

2002 500 HP Torch Red Corvette 6-speed for sale.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 01:06 PM
Cody Strife
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default 2002 500 HP Torch Red Corvette 6-speed for sale.

I am sorta throwing my 2002 Corvette out here because i'm considering purchasing another Honda S2000.

I would love to find a nice AP1 2002-2003 Suzuka Blue with low mileage. I truthfully desire a mint car that is unmodified.

My 2002 Torch Red Corvette is loaded to the gills, all factory options you would want including the following. There is basically no damage to the car and it looks like brand new at its age. Always garage kept, always taken care off. Clean and clear title.

Heads-Up Display.
Sports Seats.
Climate Control.
FE3 Autocross Suspension package.
Both painted and plexiglass Targa Tops.
Polished Aluminum Wheels.

At 110,000 miles, (It has 117,000 miles at the moment) I basically rebuilt have the engine and went all out, sparing nothing, to build this car into one of the fastest driver friendly LS1's around. I am going to try to list them in detail because they are extensive and very very expensive. Only the best quality suppliers were used and the engine was professionally resassembled with meticulious attention in every aspect. I have built several supercharged and turbocharged sports cars in the past and I know what I am doing as well.

This car is a rocket of a 347 LS1. 450 rear wheel horsepower, 450 rear wheel ft-lbs of torque, yet is so driver friendly...

I will list the upgrades in segments starting with the engine, drivetrain, suspension, and brakes.

Engine. All components purchased new except for stock bottom block.

Stock bottom block, verified to have excellent compression and leakdown before head removal.
New Precision race performance Stage 2.5 GM 243 LS6 heads, cnc ported and polished, upgraded and oversized stainless steel valves with dual-rate PRC valve springs and titanium retainers. Decked to raise compression ratio to 11:5-1.
Texas Speed and Performance 7.350 hardened pushrods.
Texas Speed and Perfomance 228R Camshaft with 112LSA lobe seperation.
General Motors LS7 Lifters.
General Motors LS2 Lifter Trays.
General Motors Multilayer Steel Headgaskets.
Mellins High Performance ported oil pump, dramatically increases oil flow volume and pressure at idle.
Racetronix 42lbs injectors.
Walbro 255 LPH fuel pump.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Driveline Modifications.

LS7 427 Clutch assembly, rated for 650 horsepower.
LS2 flywheel.
LS6 Z06 master and slave cylinder. (Better no longer sticks to the bottom of the floor at high rpms)

Intake and Exhaust.

SLP Blackwing Cold Air Induction.
Vara-ram Intake Bellow.
American Racing Stainless Steel Long Tube Headers and X pipe with HF Catalytic Converters.
Corsa Touring Tigershark rear mufflers. (NO DRONE!)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Suspension, Brakes, and Tires.

Bilstein Sport shocks.
Centric Cryogenically treated, slotted, and drilled front and rear rotors with Ceramic HP brake bads. (OEM supplier)
Yokohama S. Drives with 60 percent tread life left.

Interior.

All new Kenwood Sound system with Bose integrated amplifier. Bluetooth adapted, phone, mp3, all that usual stuff.
New Infinity 3.5 door speakers and 6 3/4 rear speakers.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing more I can say, the car looks excellent inside and out. Only real flaw is the clear coat finish is coming off one of the rear wheels, but I got a quote of 150 dollars to fix it, just haven't got to it yet.

My Corvette was professionally dyno tuned by Lane Culver, a very prominent name in North Alabama when it comes to LS series engines and some very fast cars in north alabama. It baselined around 300 rear wheel horsepower, with full intake and exhaust and retune it managed 370 rear wheel horsepower. With new upgraded heads and cam, it put down an explosive 450 rear wheel horsepower and 444 ft-lbs of torque, giving up no low and midrange torque in the process. It is fast make no mistake of it...

I am asking 22,000 dollars because it is worth every penny of it. By the time you pay 15,000 for a corvette and throw the money I have put into this car you'll be several thousands beyond that and more if you calculate labor cost, especially that expensive clutch job that cost around a grand in labor.. This isn't a cheap hobby at all...

For more info, please call me, Cody, at 256-415-1289

Last edited by Cody Strife; 01-08-2013 at 01:14 PM.