Go Back   Corvette Forum > C5 Corvettes, 1997 - 2004 > C5 Corvettes for Sale
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C5 Corvettes for Sale
Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes Sponsored by
Intercity Lines

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 02-17-2013, 01:52 AM   #1
kyleatthebeach

Default WTB C5Z06 quickly

There is a new law in Georgia starting March 1st that will require sales tax on private party automobile sales. I am looking to buy from an individual before then to avoid sales tax. I have been looking for a while, but this has caused me to be more aggressive. Like the title states I am looking for a 2001-2004 Z06. I will pay up to 20K and really would like to stay in the high teens. I am not concerned with mileage as long as price is in line. I will not pay 20K for a car with 150K miles, so please be fair with what you are asking. Color order of preference: Yellow, Blue, White, Black, Red, Silver(better be one heck of a deal for me to consider silver). Would prefer stock cars, but will entertain modified ones. I have cash or loan check on standby. My wife is a flight attendant, so I fly anywhere for free. I don't care if your in California as long as the price reflects me having to drive across country. On that note, I am located just south of Atlanta, GA.

After March 1st I will go back to being picky since it will not matter anymore.

Thank you,
Kyle Campbell
770*853*8189
kyleatthebeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:11 PM   #2
kyleatthebeach

Thanks for all your feedback. It looks like I am going to close a deal for an 03 on Saturday, but if it falls through I will post here.

Thanks,
Kyle
Old 02-23-2013, 09:44 PM   #3
kyleatthebeach

Well, deal fell through. I flew down to Sarasota, FL today and was impressed.....in a bad way. The car has obviously been hit hard and had a ton of paintwork. All kinds of gaps throughout the car, drip marks, orange peel paintwork, car pulled extremely hard to right and made abnormal/grinding noises. I also have a sneaking suspicion the odometer was messed with because the condition of the seats did not represent a car with 40K miles. If you see a black 03 for sale in Sarasota, FL you need to steer clear. I asked the guy numerous times over the phone what condition the car was in and he insisted mint. Definitely a wheeler dealer.

On that note, please do not lie to me about the condition of your car. If it has been hit or had paint work, I will find it. Lets not waste each others time.

Thanks,
Kyle
Old 02-24-2013, 01:14 AM   #4
RallyBird

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleatthebeach View Post
Well, deal fell through. I flew down to Sarasota, FL today and was impressed.....in a bad way. The car has obviously been hit hard and had a ton of paintwork. All kinds of gaps throughout the car, drip marks, orange peel paintwork, car pulled extremely hard to right and made abnormal/grinding noises. I also have a sneaking suspicion the odometer was messed with because the condition of the seats did not represent a car with 40K miles. If you see a black 03 for sale in Sarasota, FL you need to steer clear. I asked the guy numerous times over the phone what condition the car was in and he insisted mint. Definitely a wheeler dealer.

On that note, please do not lie to me about the condition of your car. If it has been hit or had paint work, I will find it. Lets not waste each others time.

Thanks,
Kyle
Sorry to hear about that. I've never flown to see a car but I can't stand when I show up and a car is not as described. To bad you're not a fan of silver, you could have picked up my car on your visit to Florida
RallyBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #5
mittens
CF Senior Member

Sorry to hear about this. I normally have to travel to get what i am looking for when it comes to cars/truck/boats. and have been lucky not to run into this yet. But would greatly **** me off, having to buy a return ticket home cause of some lie.

As stated in the PM, just let me know if your intrested.
mittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #6
encore
CF Senior Member

There is a sharp 03 z06 in Sarasots craigs list this morning for $19,500and the vin number is posted for a carfax check. Is this the one you saw?
encore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:03 PM   #7
kyleatthebeach

Yep, Google the vin. They have been trying to sell this thing since November a month after purchase and the pictures are very deceiving. The guy trying to sell it doesn't own the car, his friend with a body shop does. I am pretty sure they bought it wrecked and put it back together, but I could be wrong. They fed me all kinds of stories and it smelled fishy from the get go, but I didn't want to beleive it becasue I really wanted one. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Buyer beware.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:57 PM   #8
mittens
CF Senior Member

this the one your talking about?

http://sarasota.craigslist.org/cto/3640879380.html

is so Pics are deceiving, look pretty good in pics. Seats are a little more crinckeld then you would think for 40k though i agree.
mittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:49 PM   #9
GR8GAME
CF Senior Member

I'll send you a pm shortly on my stock, other than P1 procharger zo6 with 66K
GR8GAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:05 PM   #10
collibr1

Sent you a PM
collibr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:44 AM   #11
pluslt
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleatthebeach View Post

That stinks man, sorry to hear. Reminds me of a C3 I saw online that I thought about buying. Talked to the owner on the phone and was told the condition of the paint was a 7/10. Well I thought OK some scratches, nicks etc. Shoot.....I got there and one of the quarter panels was painted a different color. That to me is a 0/10 on paint. I was pretty ticked off to say the least.

It only takes one shoddy seller to sour you on the bunch. But have faith in your fellow enthusiasts here and you'll find something. I sold my last one to another member here sight unseen (well he saw pictures but not in person) and he couldn't be happier.
pluslt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:12 PM   #12
GR8GAME
CF Senior Member

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-c...un-smooth.html

Here you go.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:45 AM   #13
pluslt
CF Senior Member

Here is the best deal I've found around the east coast for a stocker.

'04Z, 18k miles, mod red interior, $21K. Doesn't get much better than that.

http://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/3636275542.html
pluslt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:30 AM   #14
GR8GAME
CF Senior Member

That is a nice ride with low miles at a great price.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:30 AM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C5 Corvettes, 1997 - 2004 > C5 Corvettes for Sale
Reload this Page WTB C5Z06 quickly