Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

F/S 98 C5 Convertible-pewter on black

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 08:58 PM
TyroneT
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F/S 98 C5 Convertible-pewter on black-Auto-Ca. car-Spectacular-$12,500

CORVETTE
CONVERTIBLE
Automatic
Selling my 1998 Corvette Convertible C5
Dropped price to $12,500...you won't even come close on a pampered, well maintained, ready for anything convertible......you can enter beaters and modified racer at your own risk and eventual remorse.

I bought the car a year ago when searching for a convertible to replace my old toy Triumph TR6.
Found the car locally and bought it from the second owner. He had owned the car since in had about 5k miles on it. His garage was impeccable, as was the car. I bought the car with about 96K miles on it. Although not a Corvette guy, the condition of the car, the way it drove and color combination had me sold.

After buying the car, I made sure everything was perfect and that the car would give me no problems. I did not do this because of any pre-existing problems, just don't like surprises when out on the road. I took care of the following within the past 6 months:

1. Four new tires
2. New brakes all around
3. New Iridium plugs
4. New high performance plug/ignition wires
5. Heat sleeves for all plugs
6. New water pump
7. Flushed radiator
8. New thermostat
9. New Silicone water hoses....every last one of them
10. New belts...every one
11. New pullies..all of them
12. New tensioners..all of them
13. New O2 sensors (x4)
14. New Optima battery
15. Manual switch for antenna
16. Rebuilt the original seat foam...leather was/is fine
17. New cockpit cover to safeguard interior
18. New air spoilers for front bottom...not installed....
****Spent somewhere over $3k to make sure car would not be an issue

Car comes with original window sticker and handbook.

The color of the car is designated as "Lt Pewter Metallic", with black interior. Car came with 5.7L LS1 engine and automatic transmission with overdrive. The only modifications to the car are the addition of K&N filters, and Borla exhaust with X pipes.

Options on car include:
1. Continuously variable real time damping, with the driver adjustable ride,
2. Leather sport buckets,
3. Compact disc changer in trunk (surprisingly..works better then the one in my Benz),
4. Elect. Dual control air
5. 6 way passenger power seats
6. Fog lamps
7. Performance Axle ratio
8. Optional Magnesium wheels

Car is in excellent condition in all aspects, including the top, which is black. Trunk has liner with tray for storing items. Trunk lid has Vette insignia and separator from passenger compartment to isolate noise. Also comes with custom cover which is usually on while car is in the garage. Also, side windows are tinted.

I can't attach photos.....trying to figure it out, but will send you photos upon request. Click my home link and there are three small photos, but I have tons of very large, detailed shots I can email....or come look and drive the car if you are in the Los Angeles/Ventura area. GOT LOTS OF PHOTOS and car looks like new.

Feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to answer. Title is clean and clear. Got all necessary docs and two keys ready to go. If car is being shipped, will do what I can to assist. Selling for $12,500

Considering all the work recently done its like buying a spectacular and reliable convertible for the price of a beater.

My direct email is ttcnc@yahoo.com.

Last edited by TyroneT; 03-09-2013 at 02:19 PM. Reason: lower price
Old 03-04-2013, 03:54 AM
TyroneT
Heel & Toe

Click on the 1998 Chevrolet Corvette under my name for some photos. I have lots more, including close ups and much larger detailed shots for anyone interested.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:21 PM
TyroneT
Heel & Toe

Default Price drop

Last try....with price drop before another summer.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:12 PM
JerzeyJoe
Burning Brakes

Unless I missed it, how many miles does the car have?

carfax clean?
Old 03-09-2013, 07:00 PM
TyroneT
Heel & Toe

Hello.....sorry about that.. it has 101,000.

Car Fax should be clean. However, to be up front, a guy backed into it from a driver way on the right rear quarter panel. It was paid for by his insurance with a whole new piece being put in place, not patch work....and I defy anyone who doesn't know about it to find the location, again, as the whole quarter panel was replaced.
Thanks
Tyrone

Get notified of new replies

To F/S 98 C5 Convertible-pewter on black

Quick Reply: F/S 98 C5 Convertible-pewter on black