Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

FS Z16 $22,500 49k miles Acworth, Ga

Old 08-06-2013, 11:06 PM
Dick vanDangle
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FS Z16 $22,500 49k miles Acworth, Ga

***SOLD***

Can't wait to start collecting parts for the project!!!

Last edited by Dick vanDangle; 09-22-2013 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Sold
Old 08-06-2013, 11:52 PM
wilsowp
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

sent a PM. Asking about your phone number to text ya.

Thanks
Old 08-07-2013, 06:53 AM
Dick vanDangle
Advanced

Originally Posted by wilsowp
sent a PM. Asking about your phone number to text ya.

Thanks
Replied, I'd prefer not to text though.

Last edited by Dick vanDangle; 08-07-2013 at 07:17 AM.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:26 AM
metalhead131
Racer

Interested in any trades?
Old 08-07-2013, 10:33 AM
Dick vanDangle
Advanced

Default Trades

Originally Posted by metalhead131
Interested in any trades?
Good question. . . I'm thinking it would be more of a pain than it's worth, but I won't say no outright.

Like I mentioned, I'm looking to upgrade my '73, specifically do an LS and T56 swap (LM7, LQ4, LQ9 - iron preferred). I'd be incredibly picky, though, and I'm certainly NOT interested in anything else be it auto, bike, boat, ATV, etc.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:41 PM
joenationwide
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This sounds like a fantastic deal. Would have been all over it if it were not so far away and I had not committed to another Z.

GLWS!
Old 08-10-2013, 10:27 AM
Dick vanDangle
Advanced

Thanks Joe!

ttt
Old 08-10-2013, 11:08 AM
joenationwide
Racer

Originally Posted by Dick vanDangle
Thanks Joe!

ttt
I'm surprised you are not getting more interest. You have the lowest priced z16 I have ever seen and some nice mods. I would give some more details about the car and post some actual pics on this thread rather than sending the link only. People like a lot of information, details and pics. High res close up pics of front back sides tires engine bay. What are the signatures from? Maintenance up to date? People like southern cars especially when kept out of bad weather driving. Any issues with the car? If your car is legit someone will be getting a great deal. good luck!
Old 08-10-2013, 03:36 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

Joe, did you really say too far away? As long as your comfortable with the car and seller distance means nothing. Spent 3 weeks getting to know the prev owner of mine, then flew up and drove it the 1600 miles home..and loved it.

Agree on the pics/info stuff. This is the Net, we cannot crawl, smell, pry around your car, so large well lit pics are the best answer. (not dark in the garage pics..and the autotrader add is pathetic, no words or description)

Joe, let me know what your replacing your first one with!

GLWS, may show this to my Boss, gave him a ride in mine and he wants one someday to sit aside his C3....

Last edited by JETninja; 08-10-2013 at 03:39 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:48 PM
Dick vanDangle
Advanced

1st off and B, I just did a nice little write up in response and pushed the wrong button. Advice: never push the wrong button. . . wholesale loss of words is fairly aggravating.

I've had a handful of serious lookers. I even had a guy come and spend a few hours chatting me up while he looked her over and wanted to take it to a shop to have all the mechanics looked over. He wanted to schedule something for when he got home from vacation, emailed me to see when was good for me when he got home and I haven't heard from him since. That's when I figured that I oughta broaden my cast and post it on here, and I've had a good bit more interest, but still not the right one yet.

The pics are just the ones my step-dad got for me and I really hadn't thought anything of updating them since I'd had so many local calls until my gf pointed out today that the check engine light is showing with the odometer. It's just from not starting the car when taking the pic, but certainly needs to be remedied. We'll be going down after church tomorrow to take care of that, but my gf thanks you guys for vindicating her I'll see if I can dig up the video of the Corvette Coral Laps at Petite, too.

I built my own ramps and did all the regular maintenance but I doubt I'll find every receipt, I've moved four times since I got her. I've only used fully synthetic Mobile 1 in all my vehicles for as long as I remember, obviously the same goes for the Z. I've had it worked on by others twice, once when I first bought to put the cats back on since I live in an emissions county. The second was after I'd caught the passenger mirror and cracked the glass backing out of the garage. While it was in I had a lazy window motor in the same door replaced. I also picked up a CAR FUSE (!!!) in the right rear once. Wouldn't have believed it if I didn't watch them take it out.

The signatures are from when the 2nd owner went to Carlisle. From what I remember it was the head of Corvette development, an engineer and a C5R driver and the like, but he was deaf and I didn't buy it for the signatures so I didn't waste much time figuring it all out. If anyone happens to recognize or is able to make any of the harder to read ones out, I'd appreciate it.

I blue booked it at something like $28k a few months ago but felt like that was high so I initially listed it at $25k. Then I did the mirror in and realizing she'll need new rubber sooner than later so I dropped it to $22.5k not wanting to deal with it myself. I'm not looking to take it back up now that it's fixed, I think that's a fair price even though all it needs now is rubber. I'd still feel OK making a few more roadies, but it is what it is.

It's always been in a garage or under the covers. It's rarely seen 2nd or 4th. The dual climate controls came in handy as I'm much more hot natured than most of my passengers. Deftones, White Stripes, Pantera, Willie and Johnny all sounded great cranked up on the way to my hockey games. I got better MPG than my gf's Mazda 3 and it held all my goalie gear and a passenger better.

I've always kind of regretted this buy but I justified it that it was such a great deal on such a great looking collectible car. My 2nd option at the time was to buy a house, but that was early 2008 so it looks like it was the right choice no matter how wrong it sometimes seems I'd like to do up a track Z/FRC one day, but the '73 project comes first. I'd like it to happen soon so we can get on with it but I'm certainly not giving it away.

Past that I can't think of anything anyone else might want to know, but feel free to ask away. And thanks again for the advice guys, I'll work on sprucing up the ad's ASAP!
Old 08-11-2013, 02:16 AM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

Forgot to mention Dick, cool on the sigs! I got the entire 2011 Lemans Corvette Team + Johnny O'Connell and Doug Fehan (the team manager all these years) to sign both of my engine covers. It's unique and never fails to get questions...
Old 08-11-2013, 05:24 PM
Dick vanDangle
Advanced

Gotta love Johnny O! I love the questions I get but kinda sucks to not know much about them, whatdya do though?

I did get a ton of good pics (I think ) but my card $1800 card reader/mac isn't doing its job. Think it's just the cheap-o SD card so I'll run and get a cable to upload them tomorrow direct from the camera, but thanks again for the perspective.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:13 PM
Brock63
Instructor

you got a PM
Old 08-11-2013, 09:46 PM
fisher auto
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Um holyshjt any accidents???
Old 08-11-2013, 11:21 PM
Dick vanDangle
Advanced

No accidents. . . I can't think of anything else of importance to add to my novella of a reply from the other day

You guys certainly can talk me into jacking the price back up if you'd like Lots of PM's and the like but no appointments just yet. Apparently this is a better deal than I thought. . . lets make this happen ladies and germs! I'd really like to be spending the remainder of the year doing up the C3!
Old 08-12-2013, 08:22 AM
Dick vanDangle
Advanced

^Reset when we left Atlanta for a Blackhawks game in Nashville, taken on the return trip just south of Chattanooga

Last edited by Dick vanDangle; 08-23-2013 at 07:55 AM. Reason: added MPG pic
Old 08-12-2013, 10:22 AM
Brock63
Instructor

Thanks for pics...

Get notified of new replies

To FS Z16 $22,500 49k miles Acworth, Ga

Old 08-13-2013, 11:45 AM
blueeyes0710
1st Gear

u got a PM
Old 08-14-2013, 10:04 PM
sesker
Advanced

Default Get in touch with me

I am on the verge of buying.. please contact me directly at scott_esker@yahoo.com
Old 08-14-2013, 10:52 PM
Dick vanDangle
Advanced

Originally Posted by sesker
I am on the verge of buying.. please contact me directly at scott_esker@yahoo.com
email sent

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FS Z16 $22,500 49k miles Acworth, Ga