Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

1998 Arctic White Corvette Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 05:38 AM
J.J. McGovern
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 1998 Arctic White Corvette Convertible

I'm selling my 1998 Arctic White Convertible Corvette. Automatic 130K miles. Asking 11,500
This is my fourth C-5 Convertible Corvette. I've been a Corvette owner for over 30 years. I am very particular about the Corvettes I own. Two of the last three are being shown in local car shows. If you are looking for a dependable head turning Corvette Convertible for under 13 grand.... then this is your car. You will not be disappointed.

Here are some particulars...
Convertible top was replaced last year with a factory replacement Light Oak Cloth top from Gahh Tops. It was done at Marietta Trim. It fits well! The Michelin Pilot Run Flat tires, were put on the car about 15,000 miles ago. (Local Discount Tire.) The stock Corvette painted Magnesium Wheels are perfect. They have been completely redone. They've been stripped, all scratches repaired, then repainted, Sealed and baked. (at that time I replaced all of the T.P.M.S. (tire pressure monitoring sensors) with new ones. This work was done at Alloy Wheel Repair in Norcross, Ga. The car has Ceramic Brake pads, specifically to keep the brake dust to a minimum. (Front & Rear) Also has slotted and drilled rotors. It has Custom Stainless Steel Exhaust. The exhaust gives the car a throaty rumble, and it looks awesome, gives the underside of the car added pop. The leather seats have been recovered by Oak Tree Interiors, Douglasville, Ga. The climate control and dash displays have been upgraded with LED lights by Davescorvetteilluminations.com Roswell, Ga. Ga. emission was done this past May. The stripe kit was put on the car last year as well. It matches the custom Corvette Logo seats and blends with the light oak top. This was done at Palm Harbor Graphics. If you don't like the stripe kit on the car, it is removable. It just peels off. (See Picture of the car without stripe kit, it's the last picture.) This is a Fully Optioned car. Send me an email if you have any questions or want additional pictures. I have added a bunch of little accent stuff on this car, like Lloyds Trunk mat, Lloyd C-5 logo ed mats passenger & Driver. I have over 16,000 dollars in this car, really wasn't planning to sell it until I stumbled across a deal on a Le mans Blue C-6 vert.

Known Issues.
This car has the dreaded EBCM traction control issue. It will throw P1571 and C1277 codes...
(Got this off of our forum)
Likely causes are:
- An open in the requested torque circuit.
- A short to ground or short to voltage in the requested torque circuit.
- Wiring problem, terminal corrosion, or poor connection in the requested torque circuit.
- Communication frequency problem.
- PCM is not receiving data from EBCM.
- Loose or corroded EBCM or PCM ground.

I've cleaned the grounds and wires were corroded at the PCM. Did what Mr. Curlee suggested, cleaned the grounds and connectors, got them to go away for six months, but have since returned.... Now I know why they call them Gremlins! PM me if you'd like to get more info. I live about 40 miles north of Atlanta. Thanks J.J.
Search J.J.'s White 98 convertible in the c-5 convertible gallery for pics. Or send me an email at vette84475@aol.com

Last edited by J.J. McGovern; 09-15-2013 at 05:57 AM. Reason: forgot to include info.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:45 AM
Topless C5 Vette
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please post price per forum rules. Do you have pics?
Old 09-19-2013, 10:57 AM
Robert Thomas
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow... Nice car. I plan on getting another Corvette when I retire but my organization is jacking around and delaying letting us go with an incentive. I need to stop looking at cars for sale.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:22 AM
J.J. McGovern
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Sold....

Thanks... for looking

Get notified of new replies

To 1998 Arctic White Corvette Convertible

Quick Reply: 1998 Arctic White Corvette Convertible