Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

Wtb: C5 z06 $15-17k

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 10:39 PM
kyleatthebeach
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wtb: C5 z06 $15-17k

Last spring I was on the hunt for a C5 Z06, but ran across a mint condition bone stock Evolution 8 and had to have it. I love that car to death, but I still want give the Evolution a Z06 garage mate. I am looking for a 2002-2004 Z06 and 2001 for the right price. Looking to spend around $15K or more for the right car. Obviously I am not looking for a garage queen, but a 40-100K mile one. I just missed out on a yellow 40K mile one for $17K, so please don't offer me your $30K C5. Would prefer a yellow or blue one, but will consider all. I am located just outside Atlanta, but fly anyware for the right car.

Thanks!
Kyle
Old 10-27-2013, 11:42 PM
ProjectZ06
Advanced

Default I have a Z06 for sale

I have a Silver C5 Z06 for sale. It is in Texas. Already has 8k in mods. Looking to sell it to someone who wants to drive it.

PM if you are interested

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-c...01-c5-z06.html
Old 10-28-2013, 03:04 AM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

pay more attention to condition than mileage. if you can find an old guy owned car that was never tracked and always maintained it's worth it

some of the lower priced low mileage cars i ran across were obvious track mules.

on occasion you can find an 01 z06 in the 40k mile range for 17k but it's usually silver or yellow on mod red which are the two lowest price colors. yellow isn't a low color with a black interior, just with red.

these cars are all so old that i would want to buy one locally in order to check it out. there were a LOT of thrashed c5's i remember seeing when i was looking. the best car i found for the $$ was a 90k mile 2002 z06 that was elderly owned and driven. the guy just drove cross country and lived 45min west of seattle so it was mostly a freeway driver. other than peppered paint it's a really nice car with zero issues.

i, like you didn't want to spend 20+ on a c5 and the deals are out there, just be careful. there are a lot of things that can be expensive fixes that sellers often hide. i remember one that had a leaky trans and rear diff, you could see the wipe marks in the aluminum where the seller just had cleaned it before i got there and oil was already starting to seep again. also oil spots under the car. of course i was told on the phone the car was perfect and had no issues. also oil on the back bumper on in the exhaust tips along was a whiney steering rack. perfect he says
Old 10-28-2013, 02:16 PM
kyleatthebeach
Heel & Toe

I actually like the yellow with red interior, so I would gladly take one. One of the main reasons I have started looking again is C5s have really dropped in price the past couple months on Manheim. I have ran across several decent earlier coupes that are below 10K. Saw a couple Z's for well under 15K as well, probably due to time of year. I am currently considering a yellow coupe here in GA, but I think I might regret not getting the Z. Car is perfect condition, orginal owner and 45K miles.....also it is just under my budget.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:30 AM
kyleatthebeach
Heel & Toe

TTT

Just couldn't pull the trigger on the coupe, feels nothing like driving a z06.

I appreciate the couple offers that have come in....but please don't bother unless you are willing to come down to my budget range. 01's are going to be at the bottom of the price range unless they are lower mileage 1-2 owner cars.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:52 AM
bigdadeddie
Cruising

I may be willing to sell mine, 02 z06 w/105k black, new paint, 1 month old, black/red interior, motor and trans great, cam, kooks long tubes, x pipe and z06 exhaust, sounds great, tuned at 403rwhp, everything around 2k miles,new tires with less than 1k miles, pfadt billet coilovers, rides great, e-mail for pics if interested, I live in va.beach area, but could meet 1/2 way or so, 17k, bigdadeddie@hotmail.com......eddie

Get notified of new replies

To Wtb: C5 z06 $15-17k

Quick Reply: Wtb: C5 z06 $15-17k