Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

98 Silver C5 Z51 Coupe in Orlando, Florida

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 03:31 PM
apollo240
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 98 Silver C5 Z51 Coupe in Orlando, Florida

I think I'm ready to sell my 98 A4 coupe. Its silver with grey/black interior. She has 84K miles. Its fully loaded for 98, including the Z51 package. It has the memory package, and dual power seats. The only mods are Slp exhaust, K&N intake, both of which were on the car when I bought it. The windows have 20% tint. I also had to change out the end links so I upgraded to the later model metal versions instead. The car drives like its glued to the road. Its quite as can be as far as wind noise and road noise. If you look up the auto check or carfax you'll see it was involved in small low speed accident in a parking lot back in 1998, the only damage is a slight crack in the fog light. It wasn't anything serious or I wouldn't have bought it. There a slight blemish on the driver side fender but I believe it could be buffed out. The car was never painted or anything. If you look up the DIC codes, there were 3 codes: BCM 2723 H, HVAC B0367 H, B0441 H C. The BCM code refers to the chip on the key. Once in a while the security light will come on or stay on when you start the car. I have cleaned both keys and inside the ignition. I have been working the key inside the ignition and it seems to have helped. It doesn't affect the car, just annoys me because I'm **** about my car. The HVAC codes I believe refer to the driver side actuator. The driver side only blows cold air. I use the defog when I want heat and it works fine. However I rarely need heat in Florida so this hasn't bothered me enough to worry about it. Other than that the cars great. I'm only selling to get another Corvette. I want a 6 speed, either a C5 Z or a C6. I can also pay off some other bills including my motorcycle if I sell. If no one buys it no big deal. I still love the car so I'll hold on to it longer. The dealer offered 11K for it. NADA estimates it between 9,500-12,500 for trade in. KBB estimates 14,500-16,400 trade in. I'm asking 12,000 and located in Orlando. If your interested send a PM, call or text me at 301-440-0274. I'll be up front and honest about it. No reason to have someone come look at it and be surprised. I have mentioned everything negative, so you don't have to make a trip and find something unexpected.

EDIT: Bought my new car, dropping price to 12,000. Im more inclined to sell now that I have a new car.

Last edited by apollo240; 11-20-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:42 PM
apollo240
Racer

Last edited by apollo240; 11-02-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:01 PM
apollo240
Racer

Heres the best pics I can get of the driver side blems. The only thing I can think of is that there was a scratch from the "accident" and the original owner tried a home repair and over sprayed the clear coat. I say that because my gf's old Cobra had a spot exactly the same on the hood from that. Her's was much worse and you could feel it. The guy that repainted her car said he may be able to buff it out. That was back in Maryland so thats out of the question now. Its not really noticable so I didnt feel like it would be worth repainting especially with the chance of the color not blending flawlessly.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:48 AM
kit5pt0
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you mentioned that heat doesn't blow out the driver side vents. does the a/c blow cold out of both driver and passenger vents?
Old 11-07-2013, 05:51 PM
jrob56
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Only been up about a week, Id give it some time. Clean car and an honest seller is always a positive. I think the market is softer on the earlier years and automatics in general, but the list price doesn't seem out of line. Interior looks tan though?
Old 11-23-2013, 05:04 PM
apollo240
Racer

Originally Posted by kit5pt0
you mentioned that heat doesn't blow out the driver side vents. does the a/c blow cold out of both driver and passenger vents?
Yeah both sides blow ice cold.

Originally Posted by jrob56
Only been up about a week, Id give it some time. Clean car and an honest seller is always a positive. I think the market is softer on the earlier years and automatics in general, but the list price doesn't seem out of line. Interior looks tan though?
Its the camera. Its the grey interior. I used my iphone 5. Its the only camera I have lol.

I have the autocheck. No paintwork on the car, not wrecked. A police report was filed for that minor accident. Dropping to 12,000.

I bought a new car so Im more inclined to sell this one. If you want more pics, a copy of the autocheck, let me know. I cant get any more honest about the car. The security light issue hasnt happened in a few weeks now. Im 99% sure it was just dirt. After cleaning and working it in, no issues. The climate control... Lots of the C5's I looked acted the same way, so maybe I over described it? Its got cold air on both sides. If you need heat, its got that too.

Asking 12,000 or best offer

Get notified of new replies

To 98 Silver C5 Z51 Coupe in Orlando, Florida

Quick Reply: 98 Silver C5 Z51 Coupe in Orlando, Florida