Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

2002 C5 Z06 - Track/Street

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 10:59 AM
TRAK0UT
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 C5 Z06 Track/Street - GA $21k

Decided to put my 2002 c5z up for sale. I've had the car for about 2 years and have done 10 DE's with it, and put around 5000 street miles on it. Took me 2 years of searching until I came across this one, and it was one of the best decisions I ever made. Here are some details about the car.

The car does have a lot of modifications, but it is wonderfully compliant and composed on the street. I’m the fourth owner of the car, and it did see 4 track days by the previous owner. Most of the modifications were focused on keeping the car cool and handling well. According to the previous owner all of the mods were done around 87k miles (aside from what I've done), so everything is fairly new and I can attest they still work very well. All fluids were replaced during the recent refresh in Dec. 2013.

For the refresh, the car had 100k miles, and I'd driven it for a year on the track. Like most guys running any type of a cam upgrade, I decided to bring it in to get new dual valve springs, ti retainers, and just an overall inspection. During the install, a leak down test was done and the #7 cylinder was low. Given the miles on the car, and the fact that it was being tracked, I decided to go with a full top end rebuild and move to forged internals. The rebuild was about $6000 and only has 100 miles on it since it was completed...still has break-in oil in it.

I haven't had any problems with the car outside of needing to replace the power steering rack. It was leaking a bit out of the passenger side boot, so I had the whole rack replaced with a new one.

Some things that the buyer may want to address. The speedometer flickers from time to time under 50mph, probably a bad connection with the line on top of the rear diff. Also, the cats need to be replaced. It passed emissions last year, but just failed the emissions test this year. Easy fixes for both, so I can do it or knock a bit off the price if the buyer wants to address.

Reason for selling - I'm planning on moving to GTA car set-up to go racing and don't want to tear this car up. It's the perfect dual purpose car that's capable of putting some fast times down on the track (it's a high 1:30's car at Road Atlanta, but more in it with a better driver ). Even though it's been tracked and has high miles, it's in really good condition and has been well cared for. It has the typical road chips on the front bumper, but not nearly as bad as you would think considering it's age. Interior is in very good condition as well.

Car details:
2002 z06 - Black
101k miles
Clear Title in hand
Car is located in Atlanta, GA

Modifications are as follows:

Wheels:
CCW Classics 18X11 Fronts & 18X12 Rears
KDW2s 275 & 295.
TSW all black track wheels with Conti Slicks 18" and 305's all around

Engine & Exhaust:
Car has a tune, approx. 420RWHP (previous tune before recent refresh...similar cam and runs great but could use a new tune once broken in)
Head and Top End gasket set (basically top end rebuild done 12/2013)
Ported & Polished Stock Heads (done 12/2013)
ARP Head Bolts (done 12/2013)
Ported & Polished Throttle Body
New rings
Manley Forged Pistons (done 12/2013)
Forged Rods (done 12/2013)
Comp Cam (224/224 563/563 112LSA - done 12/2013)
Vengeance Racing .660 dual spring kit with Ti Retainers (5/2013)
Doug Rippie Motorsports Radiator & Oil Cooler, plumbed with braided lines
GM LS7 Lifters
Shimmed Oil Pump
Manley Timing Chain
Breathless Performance Induction Kit
Breathless Performance Long Tube Headers
Borla Stingers

Drivetrain / Suspension:
Spec Stage 3 Clutch & Pressure Plate
Fidanza Flywheel
LG G2 Coilovers (all shocks replaced 5/2013)
T1 Big Blue Sway Bars
Doug Rippie Motorsports Differential & Transmission Coolers plumbed with braided lines.
Doug Rippie Motorsports Front Brake Ducts
All new calipers (also have StopTech ST40 kit all the way around that I could sell extra - used but never installed on this car)
DBA-5000 front rotors
CL-RC6 pads
Steel Braided Brake Lines

Interior / Exterior:
Cobra full containment seat (April 2008 manufacture date, not sure when it expires)
G-Force camlock harnesses (good til 2017)
Complete Vette Essentials Interior (steering wheel, seats, door pulls, arm rests, e-brake handle and boot, shifter boot)
Motor City Carbon Fiber High Rise Hood with Clear Center Panel
Hurst Shifter
Derlin Style Shift ****
Shift Light (mounted high on A-pillar out of the way)
Billet Aluminum Gauge Bezels
Lloyd’s floor mats
Pfadt Chassis Bar

Asking $23k for everything (minus StopTechs) - $21k minus the Containment seat, belts, StopTechs, and track wheels

Lots of key details here, but there's tons more. Please pm if interested.

Thanks,

--Chris

Last edited by TRAK0UT; 07-14-2014 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Added Pics
Old 07-07-2014, 07:42 PM
gregsacc
Intermediate

Default Z06-2002

Are the DBA 5000 rotors one or two piece. Also, slotted or drilled and slotted. (Cant tell from the pics) Also, what is the torque rating?
Old 07-07-2014, 08:27 PM
TRAK0UT
Advanced

They're 2 piece, slotted. Not drilled.

The torque rating before the rebuild was 405 to the wheels. I haven't dyno'd it recently, and the cam specs are nearly identical.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:08 PM
gregsacc
Intermediate

Default Black Vette

I might be confused. Are there 2 sets of wheels and tires?
Also, do the numbers come with the car?

Thanks
Old 07-09-2014, 07:09 PM
TRAK0UT
Advanced

Originally Posted by gregsacc
I might be confused. Are there 2 sets of wheels and tires?
Also, do the numbers come with the car?

Thanks
Yes, there are 2 sets. One set of CCW Classics for the street (with street tires) and the other set are TSW Interlago's for the track (with Continental Slicks).

The numbers have been removed, along with the rear decals.

Thanks,

--Chris
Old 07-14-2014, 09:03 PM
TRAK0UT
Advanced

Ttt
Old 07-15-2014, 01:22 PM
4GS7
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 78 Posts

Would the ST40s have fit under the CCW Big Streets? I was under the impression that the spokes would hit the calipers.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:26 AM
TRAK0UT
Advanced

Good question. I test fit the brakes with my TSW track wheels and they fit fine, I haven't test fit them with the CCW's. If someone is interested in the brakes along with the car, I'll test fit them to make sure.

Get notified of new replies

To 2002 C5 Z06 - Track/Street

Quick Reply: 2002 C5 Z06 - Track/Street