Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

2000 corvette?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 01:35 PM
BillMeyer
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 corvette?

Looking for a new ( to me) Corvette. My son is finally coming home from Air Force and he wants to buy my '67 Camaro. Am looking at a 2000 Corvette with 87,000 miles. Cosmetically it looks good . Is there anything that with the mileage will need replacing soon? Any thing I should look for or ask for when getting more serious?
Thanks in advance,
Old 07-19-2014, 11:05 PM
corvetteronw
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 247 Likes on 200 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

I have read in a couple of posts to purchase 2001 and above due to some glitches that were fixed in '01. If the car is well maintained and has good service records it should not be a problem.
Here's some homework for you and good luck!
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...ion-files.html
Old 07-20-2014, 06:58 AM
BillMeyer
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by corvetteronw
I have read in a couple of posts to purchase 2001 and above due to some glitches that were fixed in '01. If the car is well maintained and has good service records it should not be a problem.
Here's some homework for you and good luck!
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...ion-files.html
Thanks for the information. Will be reading through the materials.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:04 AM
JagNorb
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BillMeyer
Looking for a new ( to me) Corvette. My son is finally coming home from Air Force and he wants to buy my '67 Camaro. Am looking at a 2000 Corvette with 87,000 miles. Cosmetically it looks good . Is there anything that with the mileage will need replacing soon? Any thing I should look for or ask for when getting more serious?
Thanks in advance,
Please extend my thanks to your son for his service to our country!
Old 07-20-2014, 12:27 PM
bob guzzy
Safety Car

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Definitely stay above 01, you may get the 97 to 00 cheaper, but when you do start to have their known problems you would have spent enough money to have bought a newer model.

Some of the problems you will just have to live with because no one services the parts needed, so you will have to rely on used parts, buying used is a hit and miss deal.

Even if you get good used pieces how long before you need another to get you through.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:16 PM
BillMeyer
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by bob guzzy
Definitely stay above 01, you may get the 97 to 00 cheaper, but when you do start to have their known problems you would have spent enough money to have bought a newer model.

Some of the problems you will just have to live with because no one services the parts needed, so you will have to rely on used parts, buying used is a hit and miss deal.

Even if you get good used pieces how long before you need another to get you through.
Known problems? Interesting. Thanks, Bob
Old 07-31-2014, 12:59 PM
condor7
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting indeed. I have owned my 2000 for almost 14 years and only had to replace a drivers window regulator and the a/c compressor because it started leaking. May be mine was built on Wednesday or something. Thanks to your son and family sacrifices to protect and defend our great nation. Speaking as a 26 year Army retiree I can appreciate the service to our country.

Lots of fine looking Corvettes on this forum. Should your deal fall through give me a shout (rrmclen1953@bellsouth.net) as I have my Black 2000 for sale. Lots of photos and a carfax if needed. Good luck on your purchase and remember the Vette community is here to help/assist if needed no matter what year Corvette you decide to buy.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:00 AM
chips*dad
Racer

I had to (chose to, really) spend a whack in labor charges to replace a gasket in the rear end for "leaky butt," a common malady of the 2000... $1600 in labor to drop the rear end and tranny to replace a $20 gasket because it was leaking 5 drops a day. But I knew I'd be selling it this year and didn't want to leave it for the next owner. Let me join the others in thanking your son and all our vets for their service.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:27 AM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Received 1,101 Likes on 853 Posts

another reading assignment...
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1249213

GLWP
Old 09-01-2014, 01:27 AM
paloalto00
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by condor7
Interesting indeed. I have owned my 2000 for almost 14 years and only had to replace a drivers window regulator and the a/c compressor because it started leaking. May be mine was built on Wednesday or something. Thanks to your son and family sacrifices to protect and defend our great nation. Speaking as a 26 year Army retiree I can appreciate the service to our country.

Lots of fine looking Corvettes on this forum. Should your deal fall through give me a shout (rrmclen1953@bellsouth.net) as I have my Black 2000 for sale. Lots of photos and a carfax if needed. Good luck on your purchase and remember the Vette community is here to help/assist if needed no matter what year Corvette you decide to buy.
Besides my oil sending unit, I haven't had any problems with my vette besides the engine tick

Get notified of new replies

To 2000 corvette?