Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

WTT '11 Mercedes-Benz for 03/04 MY/Mod red Z06 or other Vette

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 06:00 PM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Received 1,101 Likes on 853 Posts

On the way back from our Bahama cruise we stopped by in Valdosta, GA to look over a 01 Blk/mod red Z06. For anyone in the market take a look at autotrader 10-mile search at Zip 31601. Drove perfect. PM for the #. I suggested he post it on the CF. He may or may not.
Old 11-21-2014, 12:49 PM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Have you all seen the Breaking News? (top of #1)
Looks like no MY/mod red is going to fall into this Venus Fly Trap so I've expanded my offer.

Tell U the truth, it's been a b__ll buster trying to dispose of this M-B properly. Not that I haven't had possibles. But they have all petered out for all kinds of reasons/explanations. And such a prime condition car that can save someone 20K without a hurt.

My advice to anyone contemplating a brand new M-B...thing twice my friends. There's little demand for used ones and it's a PITA dealing with all sorts of "I'm Interested" people. And that appears to hold true the second you sign on the dotted line and hand over your funds, because then it's considered used. People that want them want brand new. Let the dealers dispose of em is my advice, and better yet don't buy new from the start. I'm taking a SWAG at this but I bet BMW is in the same boat. And once purchase, the dlr will tax you heavily for glorified oil changes when all the have to do is suck the oil out in minutes without even having to lift the car.

So I've come a conclusion. I bought two Vettes, a 50th AE and a 40th, from a local self made collector a few yrs ago. He told me a couple of months ago that before I let the dlr have this one @ wholesale, to let him have it. Called him and he's out of town. When I refreshed his memory he said "I thought it was ...(500 less)." haha he's testing me.
Well, if that's what it takes, I'll let him have it for 500 less and let this one go so I can move on to what I want.

That's if he doesn't change his mind on Monday, which I expect will happen. Next time I get ready to buy a brand new car I will do my research, then Internet shop, then attempt to sell myself. Once sold, only then will I spring for a new car by renting a car till the new one is shipped to me from the Internet dealer or via Courtesy Delivery like C7's. That's the future more and more, Internet buying. I see that happening with those in the know over at C7 forum. I got a real good price on a new SUV in CO via the Internet. Even with 1K for shipping, it left my local purchase in the dust.

But just like this car, I hate to take the hit after 4 or 5 yrs on a C7. Yes, the C5's are holding strong in select cases but something has to give cause the C7's used market must come down and in 5 yrs, the car media expect them be at 50% of current MSRP. That puts them on a collision course with C5's, which are still at 30 in many select cases. But I'm won't be waiting till that sorts out. Just saying it's time for plan B on Monday. That will get the wife off my back if he does take it.

UPDATE -
It's MONDAY morning 11/24 and sunny
And he's not home. Wife said he went to Lowe's. Left word.

2 hrs later. He's sitting down for lunch. He will ask his wife if she wants it.
haha.. you know how this will turn out.
The guy is a Millionaire & he's going to ask the wife if she wants a used M-B!!!

Late afternoon - He did call and we talked. His wife wants a different model M-B, to haul things house to house. Used one is OK with her (part of the reason he's a Millionaire). He also states he now has a brand new blk/blk Stingray. So I will be checking that one out. Surprised he didn't hold out for the C7Z. I'll give him a large poster of one which may change his mind when he looks at it long enough. He also has a 62 and 64 AC Vette, amongst many many other toys. More power to him.

So plan C is a CarMax visit to Dothan AL, 2 hrs & 100 miles away. From all accounts, CarMax gives fair money for cars, incl Vettes. If it were not so late, and rain that started when none was forecast, I would have been en-route. It be nice to retire this thread in a week so I can be in the drivers seat for a change.

Plan D is Refresh

Last edited by cor28vettes; 11-25-2014 at 10:15 PM. Reason: corrections
Old 11-28-2014, 04:42 PM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Got another bottom feeder via Craigs email that quoted me KBB 2X the mileage, then goes 1360 under it, sight unseen. And adds he "doesn't want to spend time on this." Says 20 is fair.

I politely informed him no seller wants to feel he sold out and no buyer wants to feel he paid too much. I sent him todays actual KBB w/half the mileage +options. I then added NADA into the equation and split the diff for him. And that comes to 23,380. 23.5 rounded off. He's going to love hearing NADA 25400.

If he responds in the neg maybe I'll help him find some with double the mileage at his price. I know they're out there...to wit: White 2011 C300 45,297 miles, $15,700 818.903.4422 Salvage title

Now if he was wanting "the perfect Z06" I'd refer him to an ad that states:

"This 2002 Chevrolet Corvette is a steal, with comforts such as power door locks, tachometer, and power windows.
Aside from an 'ACTIVE HANDLING' message on the instrument panel, drivers might not even realize they've been assisted". 38,693 miles @ $24,840 706.327.6888 Jake in GA.

[That's some creative writing Jake, as only a usd car dlr with lots of experience could do. Emphasis is mine.]

Sat update: Well it looks like he has come out of the bottom of the barrel on his offer. So he may end up with it next week, still sight unseen.
Sun update: It's been seen by the local who was out-of-State for Thanksgiving. He's always wanted a M-B and says after by-pass surgery it's time.
Sale is pending inspection sometime this week. Left no deposit. His first used car.

Mon update: 2 adult brothers and their dad came by to look at it coming from Crestview, 40 miles away. Potential buyer did not ask to drive it. Says his wife at work will make final decision. Not the same buyer as Sat/Sun buyer, who has made appointment for Tue afternoon inspection at M-B dlr. Too bad he could not have brought the wife along.

I had a reverse situation pertaining to Crestview FL on or about Jun 27, 2007. Went there WITH my wife to look and buy a 03 TR 1-owner Z06. 13K miles with remaining factory warranty. Had seen that car in autotrader and it did not sell. I spotted the ad in the local paper (still got the ad). I actually was so prepared to buy I had a check from the bank made out to seller OR me, sight unseen.

I'll try to be brief...Wife always wants to be early. Arrived like 2 hrs early in town. HOT, Lunch, Strolled around town, Very HOT (Crestview is inland FL), Was at his house half hr early. No one home. After appointed time I call him. He says "Will be an hour, had to go on a service call" (A/C service guy). Getting HOTTER. I said U had my #, U should have told me. Z you. Bottom line I was ticked off but with the wife along I figured best to cancel out and go home at this point cause 1 hour will turn into 2 with the wife and my luck that day.

The moral of the story? Be on time but not too early. That way U can last longer in the heat if you have to wait for seller. Leave wife at home if buying a Vette. Bring wife if buying her a M-Benz. I ended up with a 07 VY Vette after that in Jan or Feb 2008 via a CF thread. But it was 1000 miles from nowhere. Best to wait an X-tra hour or so over a 2000 mile round trip buying experience (with snow on the ground). Will never ever live that one down and have cited that incident before. What makes it worse is the same cars, same mileage, are at same asking price Dec 1, 2014. $30K. Who would have believed that would happen all these years.

No return call from Mondays potential buyer (after checking w/wife) as of 9:45PM which may save the Sunday buyer from a heart attack on Tuesday.
Update on that...He replied via email (due to late hour) to say he is the one that saw the car today and the wife likes it (from looking at Craigs list). But he needs to get loan. Replied he can apply @ that Credit Union online.

Last edited by cor28vettes; 12-01-2014 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Mon update
Old 12-02-2014, 12:46 AM
cor28vettes
Race Director

So today I get another potential buyer who personally checks out the car in the morning and wife approves at 9:30PM via email. I saw the email at 10:30PM.

He informed me via email he need to get loan approval.

But it's all set up for car inspection tomorrow afternoon at the dealer per first potential buyer.

The difference is 2.6K between these two.

But I could potentially be left holding the bag on both potential buyers.
Got no deposit from either one.

Old 12-03-2014, 01:39 PM
cor28vettes
Race Director

SOLD

More on that later today

Whooo got it???????

It is unfortunate for one party to not have offered a deposit to hold the car. Even if it was a contingent one. Just like you would when you make any large purchase such as a home. In the absence of a written agreement between buyer and seller to secure a car with a deposit, refundable or not, I was under no obligation to not sell the car to someone else, or to change my mind about selling it at all. I was taking a chance on future developments with both parties, without a deposit or contract. The successful party was the one that acted immediately to secure his purchase during business hours. The risk I took paid off. It's what anyone reasonable would have done. I owe the other party nothing.

But I owed the buying party my gratitude. Once sold, he and his wife received an X-mas card from us in the kitchen. Inside was a gift envelope with a cameo showing George Washington on a bill. As he pulled out a small stack he saw a crisp one dollar bill on top. Under that were 5 more bills. Each one a brand new $100 bill. Today I was speaking to him on cell phone and I explained why he received that 501. Told him he received the amount that exceeded the same counter offer I had made to the other party. And that offer was mid-way between KBB & NADA. And I told him I appreciated the way they handled the purchase, totally contrary to the other party.

Last edited by cor28vettes; 12-04-2014 at 11:00 PM. Reason: update
Old 12-05-2014, 12:25 AM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Now starting my search for a 04 MY/Mod red Z06 (yes...the McD Z) 1st choice.

Low mileage 15K miles for starters. I know of one (post #2) but he has not found his perfect C7 yet. It's hard to let go of one after so many yrs.

If U know of one let me know via PM or here.
Old 12-05-2014, 10:16 AM
Tact
Law Dawg Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
CF St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Originally Posted by 6GenVettes
SOLD

More on that later today

Whooo got it???????

It is unfortunate for one party to not have offered a deposit to hold the car. Even if it was a contingent one. Just like you would when you make any large purchase such as a home. In the absence of a written agreement between buyer and seller to secure a car with a deposit, refundable or not, I was under no obligation to not sell the car to someone else, or to change my mind about selling it at all. I was taking a chance on future developments with both parties, without a deposit or contract. The successful party was the one that acted immediately to secure his purchase during business hours. The risk I took paid off. It's what anyone reasonable would have done. I owe the other party nothing.

But I owed the buying party my gratitude. Once sold, he and his wife received an X-mas card from us in the kitchen. Inside was a gift envelope with a cameo showing George Washington on a bill. As he pulled out a small stack he saw a crisp one dollar bill on top. Under that were 5 more bills. Each one a brand new $100 bill. Today I was speaking to him on cell phone and I explained why he received that 501. Told him he received the amount that exceeded the same counter offer I had made to the other party. And that offer was mid-way between KBB & NADA. And I told him I appreciated the way they handled the purchase, totally contrary to the other party.

Quick Reply: WTT '11 Mercedes-Benz for 03/04 MY/Mod red Z06 or other Vette