Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

FS: 2002 Z06 blk/blk, 84k miles. Woodstock, Ga.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 07:20 PM
GM Fan
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default FS: 2002 Z06 blk/blk, 84k miles. Woodstock, Ga.

Up for sale is my 2002 Corvette Z06. 405 hp, 6 spd manual, with just under 84k miles. I have owned the car since 2009, at 51k miles.

Overall very good condition, paint is in really nice shape, only few, very minor blemishes. There is a little bit of a paint defect of sorts on the roof, I'll try to get a picture that captures it later. Basically a light line about six inches from the rear window running across the roof. Little bit of road rash on the inner fender areas just behind the front wheels which seems to be normal on these cars. Protective vinyl now in place to prevent further road rash. Still a very great looking car IMO, especially considering the age/mileage, though not a show car obviously. Currently has matte black “Grand Sport”-style fender stripes/hashes installed. They can be easily removed after purchase if you don't care for them. Very tasteful and subtle appearance mod IMO.

Interior is in nice shape as well, minimal wear. Heads up display, power driver seat/memory function, factory titanium exhaust. At one point I had a XSPower catback, but I removed it several years ago and put the original Ti catback back on.

Engine was replaced just after I purchased the car, under warranty at 51,400 miles, with a factory new crate engine. All new, not rebuilt, LS6 engine - the factory correct engine for the car. Remains stock, runs perfectly, very strong. Replaced by John Thornton Chevrolet under warranty. So under 33k miles on the engine. I have the receipts for the engine replacement.

The clutch, flywheel, slave cylinder, and throwout bearing were replaced at 55k miles and a speed bleeder was installed (new LS7 clutch kit with flywheel, slave, bearing, all factory GM parts). Install performed by Vengeance Racing in Cumming. Also have the receipt for this.

Transmission shifts great, clutch is awesome, no issues.

Installed new drilled and slotted brake rotors and new pads approximately 10k miles ago. (brakemotive brand or seller I believe, purchased here off the forums)

Rear tires are maybe 1 year old, under 10k miles on them I believe. Fronts are a little older, though well over 50 percent life left I would say, if not more. I've tried to snap a pic of the tread depth of a front and rear. They are 275/40 17s front, 295/35 18s in the rear. BFG KDW-2 tires. I have one spare rear tire with approx 75% tread left. (had a non-repairable nail in it's partner, replaced both rear tires at the time and kept the good one)

Wheels were on the car when I purchased, they are chromed factory style wheels, though I'm not sure that chrome was an actual option and thus may be aftermarket copies of the Z06 wheels. They are the original size/style.

This has been my only car for the last 5 years. Only selling as family needs required a car w/ a backseat... Really going to miss this car. Asking price is $20,000, have clear title, ready to sell. Car is located in Woodstock, Ga. I can be reached at 678-4 seven seven-3040 or PM here on the boards. Please let me know if any questions.

Please excuse the cell phone pics, color seems a little off. All were just taken today:

Front tire

Rear tire
Old 08-31-2014, 10:19 AM
chris crash
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Don't worry about the blemish on the roof guys. All C5 ZO6s get this at any age or milage. It's just the bonding strip showing through the paint. Very typical of c5 FRCs.
Nice car
Fair price
Good luck with the Sale

Quick Reply: FS: 2002 Z06 blk/blk, 84k miles. Woodstock, Ga.