Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

What is it worth - Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 10:15 PM
onanysunday
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default What is it worth - Opinions?

Curious what you guys think about this car? Been looking for a Z06 but this has my interest. Sounds like it is built right? What is it worth?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sale-Ends-08-30-CALL-NOW-huge-horsepower-LS7-7-0L-V8-PROFESSIONALLY-BUILT-427-/201155683846?_trksid=p2054897.l4275
Old 08-31-2014, 01:47 AM
c4_4ya
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well listing has ended with high bid of $15xxx and reserve not met. This is a vehicle looking for "the right buyer". If you were specifically looking for an LS7 and auto swap in a c5z then it's already done and worth decent $ as it would be a lot of $ to replicate. The engine swap was done 6yrs ago, so if you had the time/energy/means to maintain this yourself or a good shop close by to do it for you maybe. I'm sure the motor and supporting mods clock in at around $20k minimum and a typical c5z with that mileage is low 20's. Most buyers would step up either to a c6z for 37-40k or a c5 with similar power and mileage done right for mid 20's. I know for sure with $25k you could find several c5's F/S on this forum that would match or even embarrass that Z performance wise.

All that said, hard to put any number on. If I had a specific plan to buy a c5 and swap in an ls7 and have a built auto and diff, it might be worth between 25k-30k. But if that were my plan I'd probably also have my own preference on exactly how the motor, trans, and diff were built. For me personally, I wouldn't even consider it but I'm not that "right buyer" the seller is looking for. If you ever sold it down the road, you'd have to again wait for that right buyer to get anything out of it.

$.02
Old 08-31-2014, 10:12 AM
chris crash
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onanysunday
Curious what you guys think about this car? Been looking for a Z06 but this has my interest. Sounds like it is built right? What is it worth?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sale-Ends-08-30-CALL-NOW-huge-horsepower-LS7-7-0L-V8-PROFESSIONALLY-BUILT-427-/201155683846?_trksid=p2054897.l4275
To each their own. My friend in the used car business says, "There is an *** for every seat". Me, I'm of the opinion that corvettes are for road racing. Not drag racing. A vette with an auto trans is not for me. Even the one they are putting in the C7 Z06 is an antique! And I don't care how fast it shifts. It's still a slush box torque converter trans. For wimpy guys of all ages. Now if it were a wet clutch like Ferrari or Porsche, than that's a real racing trans. Horse of a different color. Had one in a Maserati Grand Sport I had years ago. Wonderful car but it was too GT ish. Not like my C5 Z at all. Masserati faster in straight line but My Z can **** all over it at Sebring and they both had same HP rating. I digress.
Bottom line for me. Buy a stock C5 Zo6 and mod it yourself to your liking.
It will be more fun and worth more when your done. In my humble opinion. The C5 Z is without a doubt the best bang for the buck there is in the auto world. I'm just saying.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:16 PM
onanysunday
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the feedback guys. Don't ever really plan to road race my car and like brute power. Do like the Auto in my current C5 but have never owned a Z06 or stick C5. Everyone I talk to says you can't beat the Z06. Guess I will stay on track for a red Z06. My road course is the sand dunes playing on a quad, turbo rzr xp900, or Funco sand rail. Car is 2100 lbs, has 425 HP, 20 inches of travel, and you can throw it in the corner like a sprint car. Here is a video of me leading one of our rides. Skip forward about 3 minutes. At 6:28 we drop into a bowl the side of a football stadium. Car has a 4 speed gearbox and is geared so low it will just crack 80mph in the dunes. 80mph in an open car like that with no windshield feels like 100+
Attached Images     
Old 09-01-2014, 11:08 AM
chris crash
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Now that's what I call FUN!!!
Wow, very cool sport.

You know I just happen to have a Torch Red 02 ZO6 for sale.

Last edited by chris crash; 09-01-2014 at 11:15 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To What is it worth - Opinions?

Quick Reply: What is it worth - Opinions?