Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

PA/NJ-98 Manual Trans Nassau, New Clutch, Diff, More

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 09:04 AM
Endeka
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default PA/NJ-98 Manual Trans Nassau, New Clutch, Diff, More

Price Reduced To $11,999

For sale is my beloved Nassau Blue 1998 Corvette coupe. I've owed the car for 3 years, put nearly 38,000 miles on it, done virtually all the work myself (Dad and Grandpa were both mechanics, and I'm pretty hardcore for a shade-tree). Currently at my house near Easton, PA (18042). I've loved this car to death, but I'm doing pretty well financially and am looking to upgrade, possibly to a C7Z. I had a great experience with this car and the C5 community in general, and I am looking to pass that along. With that in mind, I have designed this ad to be as transparent and direct as possible about all advantages and problems of this car:

In June, I completed an absolutely biblical 100-man-hour upgrade/maintenance program for the car, including the following:

C5 Z06 Clutch
Flywheel
Pilot Bearing
OEM Clutch Slave Cylinder
OEM Clutch Master Cylinder
Tick Performance Speed Bleeder
Torque Tube Bushings
Fuel Filter
C5 Z06 3-Rib Differential (No whin or hum at all, period) including diff seals
Trans opened, serviced, including fastidious resealing. Exterior of the trans and rear end are absolutely BONE DRY.

The driveline and rear suspension were thoroughly cleaned when dismounted as well.

Additionally, the following modifications/replacements have been done in the last couple years:

7-Layer custom carbon fiber targa top from user SOCalVettes with UV-proof clear coat
New GM OEM targa top weatherstrip (not the $30/side Ebay stuff, the real deal, have receipts)
00-04 TPMS upgrade package with new FOBS courtesy of GM Parts House
C5 Z06 shocks
Metal sway bar end links
New Starter
New Trottle position sensor
TB, air filters fully dismounted and cleaned in the last 4 months
New Ignition Switch
C5 Magnesium competition wheels (No curbing/digs, but the finish is chipped on two of the wheels in a couple spots)\
Carbon wrapped fuel door (have original in perfect condition included with car)
C5 Z06 titanium axle back exhaust.

All fluids except brake fluid have been done recently. Oil just changed with Mobil 1 (always) and a Bosch filter in May, 87% left according to the clock.

I have put 500 miles on the car since these repairs with zero issues, including city driving, commuting, and even a number of extremely rapid pulls into the mid triple digits in a part of Mexico where that definitely is not in violation of local motor vehicle laws. No leaks, No chatter. No overheating. No problem.

Car has 118,000ish miles on it. Yes, that's a fair amount, but the engine idles flat as a table, does not burn or leak any oil, and the car now has a substantial number of high price wear components that are newer than what you'd get on a car with super low miles.

No, I can't sell the targa top separately (people have already asked). I don't have a spare. No, I won't sell for $10K, I was offered that multiple times when it was in tow-it-away condition with the clutch fluid system completely shot last winter.

Here's the car (Note, I put some cheap carbonesque A-pillar stickers on when I first got it. They've bleached out, and will be professionally removed before sale.):

Now, as you'd expect for a car with this many miles, there are a few issues. I am going to try and be as direct and comprehensive as I can with the problems. I'm not really hurting for money, and want the buyer to be sure they're getting a square deal. Bear in mind that many other higher mileage cars probably have some of these issues, but they're left for the buyer to discover upon arrival. I don't want to waste your time, and want you to love this car like I have.

So, the problems:

The driver's power seat sometimes does not reverse unless you gently nudge it by pushing your foot off against the dead pedal. Then it moves fine. It articulates every other direction just fine.

The passenger side window regulator grinds a bit when it's moving the window up. Still goes up and down fully, but something to watch.

The paint has stone specks in the front (normal rash), and scrapes under the chin of the front bumper from a curb. Scrapes are not visible except from underneath There is also a small scuff on the lowest descending crease of the driver's side door where I kicked up a rock in the rain on River Road/611 a few years ago. The scuff is touched up, and because of the way the panel angles, is difficult to spot.

Car was involved in an accident in 2000 (I believe) in Florida, listed as "minor" on autocheck. I don't have any additional information, but it was a rear impact and the rear end shows no signs of frame welding and the panels are straight as an arrow, and I have never had any alignment problems. Car has gone 100,000 miles since then.

I have probably 200+ DLSR pics I can send if you want to see anything specific. I have an AutoCheck report from last winter that I can share with anyone seriously interested.

If you're interested, email rosshlang@Gmail.com or call/text 215eight6Nine8Ø53. Car can be shown most evenings.

Last edited by Endeka; 10-21-2014 at 05:53 PM.
Old 09-27-2014, 01:12 AM
Endeka
Burning Brakes

Bump
Old 09-28-2014, 02:41 PM
Endeka
Burning Brakes

Bump
Old 10-02-2014, 03:02 PM
Endeka
Burning Brakes

Bump, big price reduction!
Old 10-06-2014, 01:27 PM
Endeka
Burning Brakes

bump.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:17 PM
Endeka
Burning Brakes

Thursday bump.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:43 PM
Rickster1
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My favorite color.

Very fair price on a great looking car.

Good luck with your sale.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:42 PM
Endeka
Burning Brakes

Thanks!
Old 10-16-2014, 02:49 PM
Endeka
Burning Brakes

Bump.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:53 PM
Dave1998
Safety Car

Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts

TTT for another 98 from PA. And to think in just 98,000, I will catch you to your car's miles.
Good Luck !
Old 10-21-2014, 05:53 PM
Endeka
Burning Brakes

I feel sorry for you man; I've gotten so many more miles of enjoyment out of mine!

Last edited by Endeka; 10-24-2014 at 03:00 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:59 PM
Endeka
Burning Brakes

Bump!
Old 10-30-2014, 04:24 PM
Endeka
Burning Brakes

Bump. Two people already coming to look at it tomorrow. This might be the last weekend.

Get notified of new replies

To PA/NJ-98 Manual Trans Nassau, New Clutch, Diff, More

Quick Reply: PA/NJ-98 Manual Trans Nassau, New Clutch, Diff, More