Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

2002 Z06 on CL with 1581 miles

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 12:54 AM
onanysunday
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 2002 Z06 on CL with 1581 miles

Not mine, Just ran across it. An almost new car for $30,000 http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/an...715557981.html

He also has it on some Michigan Craigslists.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:43 AM
CGGS
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too high of a price.

The one thing that some don't realize with a really low mile car that is 12 years old is you need to put additional money into it if it is going to be a driver and not a collector car.

Those tires are junk, all fluids needs to be changed/flushed, probably new battery. And since you can't get OEM Goodyears anymore, you are left with an inferior tire selection or upgrading wheels/tires.

Before I found my up coming 02' Z (8800 miles) for $25,500, I saw another one with just under 10K miles and they wanted $30K and they (small "luxury"/"performance" dealership) would not budge a bit.

I find those "specialty" dealerships will not move much as they hold out for max profit and don't care if they keep a car for 6-9 mths.

I found mine at a Mercedes Benz dealer, they were asking $31K, and I got them down to $25.5K in about 15 mins. The bigger dealers will not keep them on the lot over 6 mths (sometimes less) before they send them to auction. It was brought in on a trade from an older lady owner. Not only that, but they agreed to flush/change all fluids and put a new battery in it. And it comes with a 30 day limited warranty.

I have also found thru my search over the last few months that those specialty dealerships usually find them at auction and some have questionable carfax pasts. Many owners, or many things that were "checked" (which is short for there was a problem with that particular system)

Probably a bit more of a rant then the OP was wanting, but just sharing my experience over what I have seen over the last few months shopping them.

Last edited by CGGS; 10-17-2014 at 02:45 AM.
Old 10-17-2014, 03:02 AM
onanysunday
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

CGGS, I agree with you but 1581 miles is exceptionally low and like you said there are 5k-10k mile cars in this price range. For a guy that wants a super low milage car I think it is still a decent price compared to what others are asking. I just bought a 17,000 mile car for $21,500 and $2250 to ship it across the country. I wanted red only with the mod red interior with under 20,000 miles. So I spent $23,750 for a car that needed everything you mentioned. I did tires, antifreeze, hoses, t-stat, trans fluid, rear diff fluid. Would I have spent $6250 for a car with 15,000 less miles. Probably not. Of course 1580 is such low milage that you might worry about seals drying out and things like that. For my car I felt I "paid up" but was still fair. Looked for quite a while and was very specific for what I wanted. After a month I was ready to buy a car and it seemed like many of them across the country were asking to much and would not come down. Very happy with the purchase btw. Just added an MGW shifter and **** which works awesome. Car has chrome factory replacement wheels which I like better. Original rear tires had so much tread left that it lived a very easy life. Until I got it. Of course I did valve springs right off the truck before even risking driving it.

Get notified of new replies

To 2002 Z06 on CL with 1581 miles

Quick Reply: 2002 Z06 on CL with 1581 miles