Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

BEWARE of Z06 add on craigslist in Bullhead City, AZ.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 02:31 AM
dbrown1982
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEWARE of Z06 add on craigslist in Bullhead City, AZ.

Anyone on the west coast looking on Craigslist for Corvette's for sale beware of the post in Bullhead City, AZ. This guy acts like he is the only honest dealer in his city, and the rest of the dealers around there are crooks (first red flag in dealing with him). He claims the car is really clean, and acted like he payed a premium for this car. It is a silver 01 Z, he claims there is only two small scratches in the bumper and one curbed rim.

Actually 3 out of 4 rims are curbed, I found many scratches and rock chips all over the front bumper. After telling me he can't move on the price because "its one of the cleanest cars he's seen in a while", he admits "ya the front bumper needs to be re-painted. Several other scratches I found by zooming in on the pics. He tried to act like he didn't know the rims were curbed (ridicules!!!!). He tried to hide marks on the back that I found, called him on, and then he tried to act like he just saw them. Later I used a better screen and found massive, coordinating scratches, like it was hit or something heavy slide down the back. This car is beat!!!! Please beware, before requesting these in-depth pictures, I was planning on flying down there, and driving this car back 1000 miles. This car might be worth something, but I wouldn't trust this guy as far as I could throw him.
Old 12-20-2014, 10:11 PM
C.Penny
3rd Gear

Check this one out. http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/4813148214.html

Let me know if you need me to inspect it. From what I heard the guy will take 15k
Old 12-21-2014, 04:26 AM
dbrown1982
Intermediate

Thanks for the heads up man, much appreciated. I texted him, but he questioned my location. I told him I was willing to travel, not sure if he thinks it is a scam or something. He hasn't responded. Did you see the pic of the shifter? That seems odd. I am starting to wonder if the 01's are not as good as the 02-04? I keep hearing stuff about the 01's having issues, but then I have read in the forum that 01 owners love the model and do not have problems others are speaking of. I think it is mostly when I see posts for 02-04 for sale. These Z owners seem to talk the 01 down. I'm not sure what to believe. I don't want to finally get my dream car and then have it start failing on me. Any thoughts?

Get notified of new replies

To BEWARE of Z06 add on craigslist in Bullhead City, AZ.

Quick Reply: BEWARE of Z06 add on craigslist in Bullhead City, AZ.