Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

WTB EB C5z

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 08:01 AM
BurntNoodle
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default WTB EB C5z

As the title states, I'm looking for an Electron blue c5z to add to my collection. This has been a long process to decide this, but in the end the c5z appealed more to me than a c6 base.

My criteria are fairly simple...

Black leather
Electron blue or black exterior
Less than 90k miles
Mostly stock [tasteful mods will be considered]
Relatively near Michigan. I'm in the metro detroit area, and am willing to travel for the right car.

The most I am willing to spend is 16.5k. For the right car I would go 17.5.

NEW CRITERIA FOUND IN POST #18

Last edited by BurntNoodle; 03-14-2016 at 07:50 PM.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:54 AM
BurntNoodle
Instructor

TTT... weather is finally getting nice, ready to deal.

Thanks,

John
Old 03-31-2015, 03:48 PM
BurntNoodle
Instructor

Bump.... Upping what I can spend to 19k.

Thanks,

John
Old 04-06-2015, 04:28 PM
BurntNoodle
Instructor

Default Looking for some advice

Hello all,

I appreciate the offers/suggestions from the members on this forum so far, but have continued looking on my own and have possibly found a suitable candidate for my z06 desire.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/4946718933.html

I would like some feedback on this car, and whether or not you think this person is asking too much money for it. Based on the e-mails he has sent me I have gathered a few things:

3 owner car
Average paint issues (rock chips, a "scuff mark", etc)
Tires/Brakes aren't bad, but aren't good either (probably need replacing after a summer or 2).
Nearly stock, except for Borla exhaust and K&N Filter.

Thank you in advance for the help,

John
Old 04-06-2015, 04:43 PM
SlingShotYellow
Pro

Received 96 Likes on 85 Posts

I would look into buying one off this forum before craigslist for many reasons, some of these guys hang out on this car forum and learn ideas and do improvements and maintain their Corvettes. but hey that's me. I usually check out the previous posts from the seller to see if any problems might of happened in the past to the car they are selling.

there's a real sweet Black 03 Z06 advertised here from a guy named sthomas for 24500.00 he might go lower since he said "asking price" Looks real nice with 38K miles. 2 owner car

i can tell he has taken great care of his Z.

Don't jump into buying too quick but research like heck.

Originally Posted by BurntNoodle
Hello all,

I appreciate the offers/suggestions from the members on this forum so far, but have continued looking on my own and have possibly found a suitable candidate for my z06 desire.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/4946718933.html

I would like some feedback on this car, and whether or not you think this person is asking too much money for it. Based on the e-mails he has sent me I have gathered a few things:

3 owner car
Average paint issues (rock chips, a "scuff mark", etc)
Tires/Brakes aren't bad, but aren't good either (probably need replacing after a summer or 2).
Nearly stock, except for Borla exhaust and K&N Filter.

Thank you in advance for the help,

John

Last edited by SlingShotYellow; 04-06-2015 at 04:48 PM.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:50 PM
BurntNoodle
Instructor

Thank you for the advice and recommendation, Slingshot.

I have been reading up on Z's and C5s in general for the past three months now, half of the excitement of buying a new car is the hunt for that perfect one. I will probably get into contact with Sthomas sometime soon, hopefully once some funds clear up as summer gets closer.

I would definitely rather wait to have the perfect car over jumping feet first into a car just because I want one.

Thanks,

John
Old 04-06-2015, 05:01 PM
SlingShotYellow
Pro

Received 96 Likes on 85 Posts

Awwwh the hunt is the fun part! agree

Good, so glad your head is in the right place for purchasing a car like this. I use to be a member here back when i owned a new 2002 torch red Z06 and then i traded that in for a 2004 Comm. Edition Z06 and sold that one in like 2008. So i some how lost my time on here not coming back to the forum SO what i'm saying is i've owned these C5 Z06 Corvettes and they are very nice. My problem is i've never bought a used Corvette and thats kinda scary so i look and study myself on what owners have done to theirs time to time.

Only compliant i had on either Z06 i owned was they get hot in the summer time inside the car when driving around here in Dallas, TX from the heat the engine/tranny puts out next to your right leg. I remember keeping the AC on even at night when driving around town.

Next time i would do some sort of insulating under the carpet to keep some of that heat out of the cabin. Not sure if that sound deadening material would keep heat out of the cabin.

QUOTE=BurntNoodle;1589358613]Thank you for the advice and recommendation, Slingshot.

I have been reading up on Z's and C5s in general for the past three months now, half of the excitement of buying a new car is the hunt for that perfect one. I will probably get into contact with Sthomas sometime soon, hopefully once some funds clear up as summer gets closer.

I would definitely rather wait to have the perfect car over jumping feet first into a car just because I want one.

Thanks,

John[/QUOTE]

Last edited by SlingShotYellow; 04-06-2015 at 05:04 PM.
Old 04-06-2015, 05:07 PM
BurntNoodle
Instructor

Good to know about that cabin heat issue.... This will be my first corvette, and first z06 ever, so I am hoping to make the right decision the first time, so even if I have to wait a year or two to find "my" car, I will. The info on this site is beyond helpful, especially for the "newbies."

Thanks again for the encouragement and advice, SlingShot.

-John
Old 04-15-2015, 09:54 PM
wagner262
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

there is one in San Francisco ca Craigslist with 76k for only 17.5 its been up there a few weeks and Im sure you could get a deal on it. Either way EB z is one of the best colors out there.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:02 PM
BurntNoodle
Instructor

Thank you for the heads up. I found the car you are referring to, but I am looking for something closer to stock. I really appreciate the suggestion though.

John
Old 04-17-2015, 01:24 AM
vette48
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi; If interested I have 03 mill yellow z 06 car is near perfect with 23k miles, new tires and chrome speedline wheels.. pics here on forum under vette48 pic album.. I lowered my price to 26,000..Any questions please e-mail me at = mikjan48@gmail.com or call me at cell # 570-947-2486..... Thank You Mike location Pennsylvania
Old 04-17-2015, 08:41 AM
BurntNoodle
Instructor

Mike,

I appreciate the offer, but I really have my heart set on either an Electron Blue or black Z. Your car sounds like an absolute gem though.

Thanks,

John
Old 04-18-2015, 05:58 PM
vette48
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi; Yes it is, and thank you for the kind words...Keep up your hunt you will find what you want, good things come to the ones who have patience...happy hunting Mike
Old 04-24-2015, 08:39 AM
BurntNoodle
Instructor

Bump... Still on the hunt. Hoping to have something for summer.

Thanks,

John
Old 05-15-2015, 11:40 AM
BurntNoodle
Instructor

Bump

-John
Old 05-27-2015, 09:18 PM
BurntNoodle
Instructor

Ttt
Old 06-01-2015, 11:56 AM
bob guzzy
Safety Car

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

I have an 02 Zo6 that is EB it has 135K on it.

I bought it last fall and it was in my garage over the winter not used.

I repaired a bunch of small things like the heater control unit, put a texas speed CLB on it.

I had to put a surge tank on it because it cracked around the small inlet hose and later on I found a crack in the radiator so I installed a new delco radiator in it.

The car is solid and tight, reminds me of the 02 I had with 12K on it, somewhere along the line the clutch was done and I do believe the trans was rebuilt because it shifts way better than the 02 zo6 I had years ago.

The paint isn't all that perfect but for a daily driver the car is just what I wanted it looks good enough to get comments on how nice the car looks.

the interior is just about perfect the seats and rugs look great.

I also installed a set of replica c6 cup wheels with Micheline AS3's they were black machined type like on 2013 427 converts. but I repainted them silver with the surfaces still showing.

I would take $17K for the car as it sits 16 without the wheels and tires I have a set of c6 zo6 chrome wheels that will go with the car with decent tires.

Last edited by bob guzzy; 06-01-2015 at 11:58 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To WTB EB C5z

Old 03-14-2016, 07:49 PM
BurntNoodle
Instructor

Summer is right around the corner and tax season is upon us! So i am refreshing this post with my new criteria

Colors in order
-Electron Blue
-Speedway White
- Black

Mileage: No more than 50-60k
Mods: Tasteful mods only, not looking for anything too far from stock though
Owners: The lower the better, looking for 2 or less
Relatively close to Michigan, however, I am willing to travel as long as their is proper communication with the seller

The most I am willing to spend is 20k (this includes travel expenses, so the closer the car the higher I will be willing to place down.)

Thank you,

John
Old 03-15-2016, 01:36 AM
AZhitman
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

John - There's one in Yuma AZ that I have looked at, it's gorgeous. Check Craigslist... I almost pulled the trigger on it but decided silver is probably better for my commute & parking at work.
Old 03-15-2016, 05:37 AM
BurntNoodle
Instructor

Originally Posted by AZhitman
John - There's one in Yuma AZ that I have looked at, it's gorgeous. Check Craigslist... I almost pulled the trigger on it but decided silver is probably better for my commute & parking at work.
Was it that one owner for 18500? I saw it yesterday on CL but can't seem to find it... Maybe it sold?

John

Quick Reply: WTB EB C5z