Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

WTB: FRC in Northeast

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 11:14 AM
jesup16
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts
Default WTB: FRC in Northeast

Hi All,

I've been looking for a FRC corvette for a few months. I haven't had much luck, despite keeping an eye on the forum, eBay, auto trader, CL, etc...

I'm looking for a clean, mid-mileage car. My plan will be autocross and some track days, so I don't want a garage queen with super low miles.

Some upgrades are ok, only bolt-on's e.g. intake, exhaust, sway bars, etc. No cammed, stroked, boosted, etc. cars.

I keep running into situations where sellers think there mid-mileage FRC's are worth $20k. I've been doing my homework for about 6 months, so I have a good idea what FRC's are worth in the market.

I'm located in NH, so I'd like to find something local, but I'd be willing to travel for the right car at the right price.

PM me if you have anything to offer.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:16 PM
vette48
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok; Do some more home work, I have a 03 z and you say its worth less than 20k . you will never find a z for that low of a price ,I live in northeast, Pa. Your home work must be looking at z 0 6 with 99,000 miles on them... I would never ever sell mine for 20k...Any way happy hunting... Ps mine has 23k miles on it and is perfect..........
Old 04-01-2015, 10:20 PM
jesup16
Racer

Originally Posted by vette48
Ok; Do some more home work, I have a 03 z and you say its worth less than 20k . you will never find a z for that low of a price ,I live in northeast, Pa. Your home work must be looking at z 0 6 with 99,000 miles on them... I would never ever sell mine for 20k...Any way happy hunting... Ps mine has 23k miles on it and is perfect..........
Did you read the post? I said I'm looking for an FRC, not a C5Z. Maybe I should be more specific...

I'm looking for a 1999 or 2000 model year c5 "FRC" corvette!
Old 04-02-2015, 09:16 PM
Torched FRC
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM Sent

Originally Posted by jesup16
Did you read the post? I said I'm looking for an FRC, not a C5Z. Maybe I should be more specific...

I'm looking for a 1999 or 2000 model year c5 "FRC" corvette!
Old 04-03-2015, 01:16 AM
vette48
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok; Sorry,, gee what does FRC stand for.....
Old 04-03-2015, 07:48 AM
rkrupka
Pro

Received 275 Likes on 173 Posts

Fixed roof coupe - FRC
Old 04-03-2015, 07:56 AM
bracketshark
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

sent you a PM.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:40 AM
chaase
Team Owner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by rkrupka
Fixed roof coupe - FRC

The Z06 is an FRC as is the older non-hatchback coupes. On the forum, when people say FRC they are normally talking about the older non-Z06 ones.

Last edited by chaase; 04-03-2015 at 08:44 AM.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:26 AM
wagner262
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default frc

There are a few on the San Francisco craigslist. Pretty far from you but they are extremely affordable. Good luck
Old 04-03-2015, 10:58 AM
jesup16
Racer

Originally Posted by wagner262
There are a few on the San Francisco craigslist. Pretty far from you but they are extremely affordable. Good luck
It have to be a sweetheart deal to travel that far... More than likely I'd have the car shipped and that's pretty expensive.
Old 04-09-2015, 12:48 PM
jesup16
Racer

Default Lmao

So I think I may have found a car.

However, I finally got a return call on this car. The seller really thinks this car is worth every bit of $18k. I thought I'd share:

http://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/4955059818.html
Old 04-09-2015, 01:36 PM
Jason913
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

So I think I may have found a car.

However, I finally got a return call on this car. The seller really thinks this car is worth every bit of $18k. I thought I'd share:

http://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/4955059818.html
Way too much, maybe he is emotionally attached...
Old 04-09-2015, 02:31 PM
Tuco
Team Owner

Location: Blessed are the cracked. For they are the ones who let in the light.
Received 165 Likes on 136 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by Jason913
Way too much, maybe he is emotionally attached...
Insane high for a 2000 with 90k
I sold my one 99 with 38k for 15.5 Patience.....

I'd grab this 20 times over before that.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...37k-miles.html

Last edited by Tuco; 04-09-2015 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-09-2015, 02:40 PM
jesup16
Racer

Originally Posted by Tuco

I've had my eye on that car. It's a great color and the seller did a great job of listing the car.

Unfortunately, it's all the way in FL. Ironically, I just moved from FL 2 months ago... I would have totally driven it up here!
Old 04-09-2015, 03:54 PM
chaase
Team Owner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Tuco

He probably thinks the money he put into it for stripes, body mods, etc increases the sale price. They may for the right buyer but not for all of them.

I live on Long Island and the market for Corvettes is pretty strong. They are very popular but it looks like he is over priced by a 2k or so. It is hard to determine the selling price of a car. I am probably going to sell my convertible this year and part of the challenge is figuring out what to list it for.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:39 PM
jesup16
Racer

Originally Posted by chaase
He probably thinks the money he put into it for stripes, body mods, etc increases the sale price. They may for the right buyer but not for all of them.

I live on Long Island and the market for Corvettes is pretty strong. They are very popular but it looks like he is over priced by a 2k or so. It is hard to determine the selling price of a car. I am probably going to sell my convertible this year and part of the challenge is figuring out what to list it for.
Funny, he kept telling me how expensive "gold leaf" stripes were, even though they are vinyl.

It's not really that hard to find a reasonable starting price. Watch eBay, look at listings on here, auto trader, etc. Contact sellers or buyers after the deal and see if they will share sale information. I usually find most are compliant. This is exactly how I gathered my information.

FWIW, as a buyer, it's a huge put-off when someone/dealer lists a car way above what the market trend is. Like these jerks trying to rip someone off: http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...95479788&Log=0

Evaluate the market, come to terms with what your car should bring (the hardest part for sellers), and list your car for slightly more. Not $3k more, put maybe up to $1k more, so that you have some wiggle room.

To be honest, I feel bad when I make offers to people that are more than 10% away from their asking price...but I provide examples of other cars that have sold in similar condition, MY, mileage, etc. It's an offer that has evidence behind it.

Also, MOD's very rarely bring extra value to a car. If a seller really want's to collect: sell the mod's separately and put the car back to (as close to) factory as possible. Also, if you sell your stock parts, you can't expect someone to pay full retail for some mod you added. Some mod's can be a put off to buyers. I wouldn't want someone's boosted frankenstein car.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:11 PM
slayer6x6
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey bud, you and I are searching around the same region, but it looks like your search criteria is a little different than mine. I'm looking for something a little more modified and a garage queen type car. Anyway, I remember reading you post and I came across this thing, which isn't what I'm looking for, but it sounded like it might be more what your looking for. Its a Z and not an FRC, but seemed like a good deal, so I figured I would pass it forward.

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/4968003297.html

Good luck

Get notified of new replies

To WTB: FRC in Northeast

Old 04-09-2015, 05:25 PM
jesup16
Racer

Originally Posted by slayer6x6
Hey bud, you and I are searching around the same region, but it looks like your search criteria is a little different than mine. I'm looking for something a little more modified and a garage queen type car. Anyway, I remember reading you post and I came across this thing, which isn't what I'm looking for, but it sounded like it might be more what your looking for. Its a Z and not an FRC, but seemed like a good deal, so I figured I would pass it forward.

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/4968003297.html

Good luck
That's a great deal. But I'm exclusively looking for FRC's. It's funny how close FRC's and Z06's are going for today.

I've got a list of all sorts of FRC's for sale across the NorthEast. I think I know of at least 3 that are supercharged and 2 that are around 20k miles.
Old 04-09-2015, 08:03 PM
Tuco
Team Owner

Location: Blessed are the cracked. For they are the ones who let in the light.
Received 165 Likes on 136 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

I've had my eye on that car. It's a great color and the seller did a great job of listing the car.

Unfortunately, it's all the way in FL. Ironically, I just moved from FL 2 months ago... I would have totally driven it up here!
Ah...don't let that stop ya..it really is a great way to get to know the car on the ride home. Ask me how I know.

Originally Posted by chaase

Yes all stripe modding and body stuff is more for the owner to make it his own, pretty much writing that $$ off.

Funny, he kept telling me how expensive "gold leaf" stripes were, even though they are vinyl.

It's not really that hard to find a reasonable starting price. Watch eBay, look at listings on here, auto trader, etc. Contact sellers or buyers after the deal and see if they will share sale information. I usually find most are compliant. This is exactly how I gathered my information.

FWIW, as a buyer, it's a huge put-off when someone/dealer lists a car way above what the market trend is. Like these jerks trying to rip someone off: http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...95479788&Log=0

Evaluate the market, come to terms with what your car should bring (the hardest part for sellers), and list your car for slightly more. Not $3k more, put maybe up to $1k more, so that you have some wiggle room.

To be honest, I feel bad when I make offers to people that are more than 10% away from their asking price...but I provide examples of other cars that have sold in similar condition, MY, mileage, etc. It's an offer that has evidence behind it.

Also, MOD's very rarely bring extra value to a car. If a seller really want's to collect: sell the mod's separately and put the car back to (as close to) factory as possible. Also, if you sell your stock parts, you can't expect someone to pay full retail for some mod you added. Some mod's can be a put off to buyers. I wouldn't want someone's boosted frankenstein car.
Well I will say you certainly sound like you have a very good grip on what the values are, and yes, do your homework and you will find what your looking for. The one I sold before would have been perfect for you. Guy got a great deal on a very strong car.
If I had to guess I would say it was my fastest but with no aftermarket parts, but I do suspect he had it tuned. But quicker than my 03 that only had 8k on it.

Again...patience and be ready to pounce, they all come out the woodwork now that the weather is getting better.
Old 04-10-2015, 12:53 AM
92polo
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I may be selling mine. Probably looking for $19k. Florida

Quick Reply: WTB: FRC in Northeast