Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

98 black vert syracuse ny 7k

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 10:34 AM
jb35007
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 98 black vert syracuse ny 7k

i have a 1998 black convertible needs a passenger front fender clean title needs some love 6 spd 173k miles

i have the air bags and the computer controller i also have a set of depot style projector headlights with halo's
Attached Images       

Last edited by jb35007; 04-28-2015 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04-25-2015, 02:41 PM
JC316
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Little more info please. Is it drivable? Is the frame damaged? Title clean or salvage? Which wheels does it come with? Why does the suspension look bent while it's on the trailer, but fine in the grass pics? Is the hood damaged? Is the passenger door messed up?
Old 04-25-2015, 10:26 PM
99FRC Newb
Drifting

Received 120 Likes on 85 Posts

How about a pic from the front?
Old 04-26-2015, 04:02 PM
jb35007
Racer

clean title no frame damage passenger door is 100% fine reason it looks funny is when picture was taken the upper a-arm was broken and tie rod part that is part of the spindle was broke off i bought a set of factory oem rims for it there is a small part on the hood that needs a little patch i'll up load a pic of the bad part of the hood the rims that come with the car and a pic of the nose.
Attached Images    
Old 04-28-2015, 04:32 PM
jb35007
Racer

ok i am baffled? i understand it doesn't look like a million bucks but just the fact that i have a clean title seems to me makes it worth something?

7k needs front fender nose and paint job. so 7k plus 200 plus 400 plus say 2k for a so so paint job your looking at 9600 for a vette convertible with a clean title with a butt load of miles and seeing that it's from upstate ny it's obvious that the car is only driven 5 months out of the year so that tells you the *hit-load of miles is all highway miles....

why is the mass opinion out there seems to be the consensus of my car being junk???

and please be serious as i am bewildered????
Old 04-28-2015, 05:48 PM
5thgenvette
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Because it looks like you just parked it on some grass and left it there not giving a sh*t about it for so long that the weeds are engulfing it. Take it out of the weeds and clean it up maybe then it will get some interest
Old 04-28-2015, 05:53 PM
Koufax
Drifting

Received 194 Likes on 142 Posts

That, and front-end collisions are never as simple to fix as they first appear. And oh, when the air bags have deployed you are looking at a major expense, as well as a telltale sign that the collision was not minor.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:55 PM
JC316
Racer

Originally Posted by jb35007
ok i am baffled? i understand it doesn't look like a million bucks but just the fact that i have a clean title seems to me makes it worth something?

7k needs front fender nose and paint job. so 7k plus 200 plus 400 plus say 2k for a so so paint job your looking at 9600 for a vette convertible with a clean title with a butt load of miles and seeing that it's from upstate ny it's obvious that the car is only driven 5 months out of the year so that tells you the *hit-load of miles is all highway miles....

why is the mass opinion out there seems to be the consensus of my car being junk???

and please be serious as i am bewildered????
Your part pricing is about right, except you left out the hood. 2K for a fiberglass paint job is kinda cheap, but I get what you're saying. The issue that you're having is labor and time vs buying one that's already ready to go. On top of that, with the miles, you have to start questioning how long the motor and transmission has left before needing a rebuild.

There is a triple black 6 speed vert with 60K miles on my craigslist for $15.5obo. With everything fixed on yours, it's worth right around 10K, give or take. At 7K, when it's all said and done, you're sitting right at what it's worth.

$4500-$5000 is what it's worth. If you were closer to me, I would make an offer, but 3K miles with a trailer is just too much. Probably run me a grand in diesel, hotel, and food costs. If I could drive it back, that would be a different story.

Last edited by JC316; 04-28-2015 at 06:29 PM.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:24 PM
98gorby
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Guys hes a troll.....this is a joke.

No one seriously wanting to sell there car would take pics of it where weeds are the center of attention.

This car to be road safety needs a good 6k in parts/labour. Who knows what damage is involved in the electrical system and if the ebcm is affected, thats another 2k.

Walk away.....no run away.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:30 PM
98gorby
Advanced

To further my argument.

http://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/206223

There is a 1998k black convertable clean title with 120k.....in mint shape.

Asking $7995.

Please buyer beware on this vehicle, i call red flag.
Old 04-29-2015, 02:32 PM
JC316
Racer

Originally Posted by 98gorby
To further my argument.

http://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/206223

There is a 1998k black convertable clean title with 120k.....in mint shape.

Asking $7995.

Please buyer beware on this vehicle, i call red flag.
FYI, the guy in that link is a lying douchebag. His car is wrecked too, the pictures are "old". Told me that it's going to need a bumper, radiator, and radiator housing, but "has no core support damage". Now why don't I believe him?
Old 04-29-2015, 02:37 PM
5thgenvette
Instructor

Originally Posted by JC316
FYI, the guy in that link is a lying douchebag. His car is wrecked too, the pictures are "old". Told me that it's going to need a bumper, radiator, and radiator housing, but "has no core support damage". Now why don't I believe him?
IMO I wouldn't pay over 10k for any c5 01 and under with over 100k miles. I'm in florida though so these cars are fairly common and typically cheaper
Old 04-30-2015, 10:45 AM
jb35007
Racer

ok great so the reason my car is junk is because i am a troll?
lol ok i guess this guy doesn't like my beautiful hansom face???

i guess the other guy has a point my car is junk because i didn't properly hire a photographer and i no nothing about taking beauty shots of a car.

if you look the car is in a drive way in the country and yes there are weeds on the drivers side of the car so because the property isn't very well groomed the car therefore must be junk....

as for the airbags being deployed yes very expensive to replace airbags and you have to replace the computer that actually controls the air bags too!!!
however i did mention that i have both airbags and the controller to replace the deployed airbags.... so that expense isn't passed onto the new prospective buyer...

and when in a front end damage there can be hidden damage but this wasn't in a "front end" collision only the tire was the car was turning right and the "tire" ran into a immovable object and instead of the frame getting "tweaked" the upper a-arm broke and the part of the spindle that holds the tie rod broke so therefore preventing frame damage...
don't you think if there was that much damage the insurance company would have "totaled" the car????

but no wait it has a "CLEAN TITLE"

only person that has a legitimate gripe is that he says he can find c-5's all day long cheap as people in his area don't care that it books for 12k and they sell theirs cheaper to move them faster...
Old 04-30-2015, 11:33 AM
5thgenvette
Instructor

i guess the other guy has a point my car is junk because i didn't properly hire a photographer and i no nothing about taking beauty shots of a car.

if you look the car is in a drive way in the country and yes there are weeds on the drivers side of the car so because the property isn't very well groomed the car therefore must be junk....

as for the airbags being deployed yes very expensive to replace airbags and you have to replace the computer that actually controls the air bags too!!!
however i did mention that i have both airbags and the controller to replace the deployed airbags.... so that expense isn't passed onto the new prospective buyer...

and when in a front end damage there can be hidden damage but this wasn't in a "front end" collision only the tire was the car was turning right and the "tire" ran into a immovable object and instead of the frame getting "tweaked" the upper a-arm broke and the part of the spindle that holds the tie rod broke so therefore preventing frame damage...
don't you think if there was that much damage the insurance company would have "totaled" the car????

only person that has a legitimate gripe is that he says he can find c-5's all day long cheap as people in his area don't care that it books for 12k and they sell theirs cheaper to move them faster...
In my area they sell at Mannheim for under 10k really frequently
Old 04-30-2015, 01:01 PM
98gorby
Advanced

Do i get to keep the side decals?
Old 04-30-2015, 01:49 PM
jb35007
Racer

the vynel graphics were removed 2 years ago but they sell them on ebay for around $100.
Old 04-30-2015, 02:31 PM
RueBurgundy
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 41 Posts

^ haha

Seriously though who wants to put in that much work when there are driveable cars with less miles for only two or 2.5 thousand bucks more? Airbags, rear fender scrape, general paint damage..

$6000 if you're lucky

Good luck though, I hope you do get what you're after.

Last edited by RueBurgundy; 04-30-2015 at 02:34 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To 98 black vert syracuse ny 7k

Old 04-30-2015, 03:01 PM
JC316
Racer

I sell cars for a living and the devil is in the details. Consider these pro tips, not trying trying to put you down, but constructive criticism. You didn't specify what kind of wreck it was in. When there are weeds growing around something, it looks like it's been sitting there for a while and hasn't been touched.

When you have three different sets of pictures, it's confusing, really needs to be current pics and show the condition of the car as it sits currently. Heck, I'm not even 100% sure that you fixed the front suspension. I think you have, but I don't know.

Book values are just starting points since a book won't give you cash. For the record, KBB on your car in fair shape is $5850, and in excellent shape $8500. A good bet that you're priced too high is that everyone is telling you that it's too expensive, and it hasn't sold yet.

Your car might not be junk, but there is a LOT of labor and money to be put into that for a DIY guy. I would personally estimate $3000 and 40-50 hours. At that point, I have $10k and a lot of exhausting work into a previously wrecked, high mile C5.

On the flip side of that, I have seen several high mile z06's go on this very forum for $11-12K and they needed no work.

If you want to talk about a real offer, I will bring you $4000 cash on the condition that you hold it for three days while I drag a trailer 1500 miles. No changing your mind, no selling it out from under me if you get a $5000 offer the next day. That would put me in at $8k when it's all said and done.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:42 PM
jb35007
Racer

z06 on this forum for $11k??? that i have never seen.....
and when i look on kbb the price somehow says $12k for a 98 convertible so not sure how your getting at that and the pic on there with the graphics is because someone had asked what rims come with the car so i pulled up a pic of the car from about 6 years ago and showed what rims come with the car
Old 04-30-2015, 03:45 PM
jb35007
Racer

Originally Posted by RueBurgundy
^ haha

Seriously though who wants to put in that much work when there are driveable cars with less miles for only two or 2.5 thousand bucks more? Airbags, rear fender scrape, general paint damage..

$6000 if you're lucky

Good luck though, I hope you do get what you're after.
ok now your just making **** up!@#$%
what scrape on the rear fender??? the rear of the car is just fine !@#$%
and i have brand new replacement airbags!!! doesn't anyone read anymore????

Quick Reply: 98 black vert syracuse ny 7k