Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

2003 AE Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 11:36 PM
brentoleary
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2003 AE Convertible

I have put this off as long as possible, but alas I am moving and losing my extra garage space, so it is time to part with my 2003 Corvette anniversary edition convertible. Loaded with Auto, magnetic suspension, heads up display, 86,250 miles. Interior is nearly perfect, no stains, rips, tears, never been smoked or eaten in and has always had plastic mats over the 50th edition floor mats. It has a blemish on the front bumper cover and some scratches where a rock got wedged under the bra. Also has some rock chips on the hood and rocker panels, but overall paint is still very good. Car was garaged by myself and all previous owners. Has brand new (Oct 2014) Bridgestone Potenza RE760 tires, with less than 100 miles on them, and a fresh 4 wheel alignment. Car is all stock with the exception of a factory titanium Z06 axle back exhaust installed. Also comes with car cover and an extra set of wheels painted to match the car, and some takeoff Mag Ride shocks purchased as insurance from another AE w/ ~65K miles, but never installed as the shocks seem to be working fine.

Two caveats for the car:

1. The car was a manufacturer's buyback in September of 2004 at 1962 miles. I have the GM resale disclosure paperwork verifying it was a voluntary "customer satisfaction repurchase" by GM for reasons of "dead battery", as well as the TXDOT Reacquired Vehicle disclosure statement showing that the battery was tested with NPF (No problem found) and the car was resold. To me this was a non-issue, because of the condition of the car, but I want potential buyers to know up front.

2. Every once in a while the service ABS and Service Traction Control lights will both come on at startup. It usually goes off on its own in a few miles or with a key cycle. When it first happened I detached/cleaned/reattached as many of the factory ground points I could find/reach and it didn't happen again for quite a while (like a year or more, don't remember how long). When I had it aligned in October it was on the lift and it happened again when I picked it up from NTB. It went off by the time got home and hasn't happened again.

My wife and I have taken one ~1200 mile trip each year for the last 2 years I have owned it and have never had any issues, other than that I drive occasionally to work on Fridays and on weekends if the weather is nice. Great touring car and gets lots of compliments.

Located in the Dallas, TX area, Priced at $15,500 for a quick sale. PM me or call/text me at 214-693-4910 if you would like to take a look at it, or if you have any questions. I'll try to get some better pictures uploaded but in the meantime if you have any questions or if you'd like to see anything specific, just let me know.
Attached Images       
Old 05-18-2015, 07:48 AM
4XLR8N
Le Mans Master
Pro Mechanic

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,209 Posts

Nice car - great price on an AE 'vert.

GLWS!
Old 05-19-2015, 04:51 PM
ToplessVetteAt42
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its a good thing you're not closer or I might have to make an offer! GLWS!

Get notified of new replies

To 2003 AE Convertible

Quick Reply: 2003 AE Convertible