Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

1997 lower miles $18,000 (Michigan)

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 01:48 PM
John Madeja
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 1997 lower miles $18,000 (Michigan)

Alright so kinda testing out the waters right now for a possible sale of my 1997 coupe. It currently has 45,000 miles on it, all original. I bought the vette a year and a half ago however I'm looking to buy my first house and I really could use the cash to put down a bigger down payment. I'm the 3rd owner, the first owner sold in 2010 i believe to the 2nd owner who pretty much drove it 300 miles a year for 3-4 years. I have since picking it up driven it everywhere for long road trips and really enjoyed the car. recent longest road trip was to the corvette bash in bowling green Kentucky this last late April, almost 500 miles from just north of Detroit Michigan.

Located in Lapeer Michigan zip code 48446

This car has been a blast to own and has always run great for me! I do daily city driving with it and get anywhere form 20-24mpg and highway i've topped out at 30mpg average.

The car has no known mechanical issues, everything sounds great, no lights on, no big issue codes being thrown.

Cosmetically it's in really good shape, there are some minor scratches or blemishes but what do you expect its 18 years old. Overall though the car cosmetically is in great condition I get a lot of compliments on it, and the interior in really good condition as well (other then some minor squeaks thanks to GMs great interior quality)

So here is a little bit about the car and any questions just pm me

1997 black coupe - clean clear title (no current car fax but I have the one from when i bought it a year ago)
Automatic (A4) sorry lol
45,xxx miles
Mechanical 9/10 (no known issues but it's not perfect)
Cosmetic Exterior 8/10 (realistically due to small scratches etc.)
Cosmetic Interior 9/10 (Great condition overall some small minor things that bug me personally)

The car is not stock anymore so here is a list of tasteful mods

1. The entire interior was removed and a heat insulator sound/vibration reduction material was applied (it really does make a difference!)
2. Driver side seat had some extra padding inserted to make more form fitting and not so depressed looking
3. Aftermarket Single Din radio added for Bluetooth capability etc.
4. Car has a slight tint 35% rear window and 40% front windows (not dark enough to get in trouble at least where i live in michigan)
5. Corsa x-pipe exhaust with c5 z06 Titanium catbacks
6. Brand new 2015 corvette zr1 rims (gunmetal) 9.5/17inch front rims 10.50/18inch rear rims
7. Brand new Bridgestone RE760 sport Potenza tires (265/40/r17 fronts and 295/35/r18 rears) (about 4,000 miles now)
8. Brand new Vararam VR2 with power duct cold/ram air intake
9. LED with the halo modification taillights (these things are way brighter then the stock taillights, nor more fear of getting rear ended!) also had the hyperflash harness installed as a just in case measure.
10. Also I do have Llyod front floor mats as well as the really nice version of the cargo area mat

there are smaller little things done to the car like tail light seals, hood seal, etc.

The car has had a recent mobil one extended life synthetic oil change and other maintenance done. brakes and rotors are in good shape. All in all this car compared to a lot of other vettes in it's age bracket is in excellent shape and has been a joy to own.

I also still have everything stock that came off the car except for the old wagon wheel rims and goodyear runcraps

Last edited by John Madeja; 07-02-2015 at 02:02 PM.
Old 07-02-2015, 01:52 PM
John Madeja
Racer

oh obviously, never driven in snow, but yes it has seen rain....i live in michigan lets be realistic you get caught in out of no where rain storms all the time lol

also the targa top has some visible almost like cracks but they have always been there and they are only on the fringes and have not spread in the almost 2 years i've owned this idk how they got there but they haven't spread and i don't think they ever will....i can get pictures on request but it's not as bad as it sounds

Last edited by John Madeja; 07-02-2015 at 02:02 PM.
Old 07-03-2015, 09:13 AM
4XLR8N
Le Mans Master
Pro Mechanic

Received 1,651 Likes on 1,208 Posts

From one '97 owner to another, beautiful car!

GLWS!
Old 07-07-2015, 05:28 AM
John Madeja
Racer

Originally Posted by 4XLR8N
From one '97 owner to another, beautiful car!

GLWS!
Thank you! and right back at you

Get notified of new replies

To 1997 lower miles $18,000 (Michigan)

Quick Reply: 1997 lower miles $18,000 (Michigan)