Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

F/S: 2002 Blue Z06 in NJ, 43k miles, $22.5k

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 04:58 PM
Defender337
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default F/S: 2002 Blue Z06 in NJ, 43k miles, $22.5k

SOLD!

Hello,

Because I will be moving and I have a baby on the way, I am selling my Z06. This is my 6th and by far favorite Vette but whoever buys it, I hope will appreciate it as much as I did. When the time is right, I will most likely get another in the future.

I think the list price is fair compared to other competitive prices. I bought the car from a dealer for $22.9k last Dec and according to the car fax, I am the 4th owner; previous owner owned it for 12 years.

Year: 2002
Color: Electron Blue/Black Leather
Miles: 43k (1.5k miles from me)
Price: $22,500

The car is bone stock. I added a Cargo partition and the VetteTray cargo organizer from Southern Car Parts. I Change oil/filter and I also fixed the rocking chair effect on the Driver Seat. Clay bar, polish, sealant and 10 coats of wax, that is all I pretty much did to it other than drive it for 1,500 miles.

This car is in great shape and very clean. No mechanical issues with engine, tranny or anything else. All fluids are clean with the exception of brake fluid (was planning to change it this winter). The interior is in excellent shape no tears and very little wear. Outside is pretty clean but certainly has some rock chips and very small paint chips on front bumper, down low on sides and rear tire fenders. The Windshield has a half inch crack (See pic) which was sealed by Safelite Auto Glass recently to prevent from further cracking. I personally removed the ugly BSMs after I purchased and caused some scratches; I didn't get it fixed because you can't tell unless you are looking for it, so from 10 ft it looks clean. One last note on paint, there is a 1 inch in diameter paint scaling on the passenger side hood. It looked like something laid there and baked in the sun, was unable to remove with the buffer. Like everything else, you can't tell from at least 5 ft away and looking for it. Very little to no rust underneath. This car really drives nice and is mechanically sound.

Rear Tires are Goodyear F1 Supercar and Front tires are Nankang Noble Sports, uncertain of age, but the tread for the front look new and the rear has good depth.

Title does have a Lien from the bank.

Let me know if I left something out or you want more info.

Matt

Last edited by Defender337; 09-19-2016 at 09:34 AM.
Old 08-13-2015, 01:15 PM
Defender337
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Still for sale.
Old 08-17-2015, 02:40 PM
Bobole04
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lien

What's ur plan if I want to buy ur car if u don't have a title?
Old 08-18-2015, 01:24 AM
Defender337
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Bobole04
What's ur plan if I want to buy ur car if u don't have a title?
Upon purchase, we will complete a bill of sale; When check or cash has been received by me, I will pay off the loan in which the bank will mail the title to me and I will sign over to you to take ownership.

This wouldn't be my first time and knowing my bank (USAA), they can over night the title when the loan is paid off. I just need to keep them informed when the pay off happens.

Of course, the vehicle will have to stay in my procession until the title has been signed over.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:44 AM
Str8evl
5th Gear

How far are you from North Bergen?
Old 08-18-2015, 02:58 PM
Defender337
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Str8evl
How far are you from North Bergen?
Check PM.
Old 08-18-2015, 03:31 PM
etekberg
Drifting

Received 256 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by daK9er
Upon purchase, we will complete a bill of sale; When check or cash has been received by me, I will pay off the loan in which the bank will mail the title to me and I will sign over to you to take ownership.

This wouldn't be my first time and knowing my bank (USAA), they can over night the title when the loan is paid off. I just need to keep them informed when the pay off happens.

Of course, the vehicle will have to stay in my procession until the title has been signed over.
For potential purchasers, this is not a safe way to do it. The safe way is to have the buyer pay off the lein and cut you a check for the difference.

Edit: And have USAA mail the lien release to the buyer.

Last edited by etekberg; 08-18-2015 at 04:26 PM.
Old 08-18-2015, 05:00 PM
Defender337
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by etekberg
For potential purchasers, this is not a safe way to do it. The safe way is to have the buyer pay off the lein and cut you a check for the difference.

Edit: And have USAA mail the lien release to the buyer.
Would definitely work best if bank to bank worked it out. Like I said. I did this before and did a bill of sale. I had the last buyer who bought a Vette from me (in 2007) really trusted me because his bank cut me a cashiers check and I paid the my bank/loan off which mailed me the title which he flew in from NV to Ohio (at the time) the following week to pick up the Vette and title. Then again we are both Cops and I guess there was a trust thing.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:16 AM
F4Gary
Le Mans Master

Received 776 Likes on 469 Posts
2018 C3 of Year Finalist
2016 C3 of the Year Finalist

USAA is one of the best banks in the country. I wouldn't sweat it. They financed my first Vette.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:44 PM
Defender337
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Call or text (609)553-6089 ask for Matt.

Get notified of new replies

To F/S: 2002 Blue Z06 in NJ, 43k miles, $22.5k

Quick Reply: F/S: 2002 Blue Z06 in NJ, 43k miles, $22.5k