Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

2001 speedway z06

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 01:17 AM
ztriper
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

well to be honest with all the things going on i did put down the wrong mileage. now...it has 43500... I drove it to the mountains sat to help clear my head and tripped the odometer back to miles from trip 1 and when i got home that is where it is at now. I do agree it is a rather large cam. Sad thing is 90% of the driving it sees is cruise ins and trips to the lake.. But in its defense the torque curve is almost flat from 2k to 7k and the converters helped kill the gas smell. My first z06 back in 01 was my daily driver and i do mean daily,,that car was fun fast and speedway white too. We had to fly up to Chicago to get it and drove it home from steasik chevy. I guess it is all in what you want,,,some like to have them supercharged and cam'd heads and all,,,and others stone stock and I can see it from both sides. I do hope you find the one you want,,either way they are fun cars and well worth owning.

Last edited by ztriper; 07-05-2016 at 01:18 AM.
Old 07-05-2016, 05:12 AM
Scotty2000SS
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by SlingShotYellow
Nice car again, i inquired about it in Feb when the other guy was selling it.

I don't get the mileage thing, you have it listed at 41,000 miles the other guy who you bought it from starts off his ad saying it has 42,000 miles. some how it lost more mileage in the sale.

I'd love it but couldn't take the large cam and bucking because i drive mainly in my town and never get on the highway much and the in town speed limits are 30 to 45 so would be lots of bucking.. ashame these guys install such large cams on the Z's.. i mean from the factory they are pretty stout running for town driving.

Good luck on the sale and happy 4th to all
So you're not interested in the car? Why leave a negative comment man? You should delete this. Just seems shady to me for other people reading the add.
The following users liked this post:
ztriper (07-05-2016)
Old 07-05-2016, 09:41 AM
NosLaser
Le Mans Master

Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Scotty2000SS
So you're not interested in the car? Why leave a negative comment man? You should delete this. Just seems shady to me for other people reading the add.
Nah, real men with actual testosterone running through their body grow tumescent at the idea of a cam that big
ztriper (07-05-2016)
Old 07-05-2016, 07:29 PM
ztriper
Instructor

Thanks guys for the positive comments,,very nice cars ya'll have too!!! But I guess it is like everything else everyone has their own opinion on what is the prefect car for them. Just like color choices,,red, blue or ? stock or modded, z06 or reg vette or z51..or??. You cant blame them for that,,so I just take it with a grain of salt and go on...
Old 07-05-2016, 07:33 PM
SlingShotYellow
Pro

Received 96 Likes on 85 Posts

Thank you for the answer; i just wondered on the mileage and you cleared that up. I don't mind a mild cam but it would have to be changed out if i bought yours.

thank you again.. I'm debating on a couple of Z's. I already have a low mileage 02 Z but adding a second

Originally Posted by ztriper
well to be honest with all the things going on i did put down the wrong mileage. now...it has 43500... I drove it to the mountains sat to help clear my head and tripped the odometer back to miles from trip 1 and when i got home that is where it is at now. I do agree it is a rather large cam. Sad thing is 90% of the driving it sees is cruise ins and trips to the lake.. But in its defense the torque curve is almost flat from 2k to 7k and the converters helped kill the gas smell. My first z06 back in 01 was my daily driver and i do mean daily,,that car was fun fast and speedway white too. We had to fly up to Chicago to get it and drove it home from steasik chevy. I guess it is all in what you want,,,some like to have them supercharged and cam'd heads and all,,,and others stone stock and I can see it from both sides. I do hope you find the one you want,,either way they are fun cars and well worth owning.

Last edited by SlingShotYellow; 07-05-2016 at 08:10 PM.
Old 07-05-2016, 07:35 PM
SlingShotYellow
Pro

Received 96 Likes on 85 Posts

And you should MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS

that simple.. my comments were not negative.. if you could read you would see there was a mileage problem in the cars life in the past before the last two owners.. so i was wondering actual mileage since both the last owner and now the new owner stated different mileage in their ads.

A tip:: say it in person if you have something to say

Originally Posted by Scotty2000SS

Last edited by SlingShotYellow; 07-05-2016 at 08:13 PM. Reason: miss spelling
Old 07-05-2016, 08:51 PM
Scotty2000SS
Pro

And you should MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS

that simple.. my comments were not negative.. if you could read you would see there was a mileage problem in the cars life in the past before the last two owners.. so i was wondering actual mileage since both the last owner and now the new owner stated different mileage in their ads.

A tip:: say it in person if you have something to say
I love guys like you. You get called out and this is all you have to offer.
No need to ruffle your feathers on the internet tough guy.
Old 07-05-2016, 09:02 PM
Scotty2000SS
Pro

Originally Posted by NosLaser
Nah, real men with actual testosterone running through their body grow tumescent at the idea of a cam that big
Haha, this guy gets it.
Old 07-06-2016, 05:02 PM
NosLaser
Le Mans Master

Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

Both of your boy friends think your wimps.. i do too

Anytime keyboard talker
Jesus...
Old 07-19-2016, 03:54 PM
ztriper
Instructor

bump for price reduction
Old 07-19-2016, 06:40 PM
brandboZ28
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck with your sale. I too am selling my speedway white Z that I had no intentions of ever getting rid of. But family first!!! Yours is much nicer than mine. Such a beautiful, tastefully modded car. Best of luck to you!
ztriper (07-19-2016)
Old 07-19-2016, 10:50 PM
ztriper
Instructor

it is funny how life can change in a blink of a eye..... sorry to hear about you selling yours also. They are fun and rare cars and from the pictures yours is pretty dang nice too..the hood is a cool touch!
Old 07-21-2016, 08:27 PM
ztriper
Instructor

thanks for the interest in the car but it did sell today to a fellow forum member,,congrats steve i hope you enjoy the z for years to come!!! oh and his dad also has a nice c5 also!
The following 2 users liked this post by ztriper:
hontoyo (07-21-2016), IMXCITD (07-25-2016)
Old 07-21-2016, 10:06 PM
hontoyo
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thankyou sooooo much Joe, it was great meeting y'all today! You made everything so easy! I'm gonna enjoy it for a long time to come
ztriper (07-21-2016)

Quick Reply: 2001 speedway z06